Jump to content

Why does Arthur walk when aiming?


RobJons
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, RobJons said:

Sometimes it does it and sometimes not. Arthur starts walking when Im trying to aim at a target and scares things away before i can aim for a perfect pelt. I want to stand still when i aim. Whst to do?

If you're moving when you hit the trigger to aim, you'll keep moving.  Stop then aim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rockstar really should have updated the movement mechanics this time around.  It's 2018 and here we are, still button mashing for a control scheme.

Most 3D games these days make use of the analog sticks to control speed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, X S said:

Rockstar really should have updated the movement mechanics this time around.  It's 2018 and here we are, still button mashing for a control scheme.

Most 3D games these days make use of the analog sticks to control speed. 

I like having the movement continue when you aim.  Makes running from bounty hunters easier to turn around and shoot them, or what i use it mostly for is bird hunting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kormath said:

I like having the movement continue when you aim.

You'd still be able to do this with an updated analog movement scheme.  It would actually be even more precise than the current fixed speed of movement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have trying stopping my walk and then aiming. Still does it. Does it when im fishing too. I walk right into the water. This is so annoying. I wish i could control it. Its impossible to be stealthy when your walking right towards your target. Run/ fly every time. Ive tried every thing. I just go do missions when i cant hunt. Errrrr. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RobJons said:

I have trying stopping my walk and then aiming. Still does it. Does it when im fishing too. I walk right into the water. This is so annoying. I wish i could control it. Its impossible to be stealthy when your walking right towards your target. Run/ fly every time. Ive tried every thing. I just go do missions when i cant hunt. Errrrr. 

Sounds like your controller may need calibrated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was having the same issue and it drove me nuts! But i found a fix, it works for me anyway, try only half pressing L2 button, aims perfectly, if i press it all the way, he starts that dreaded slow walk. Hope this helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know about Xbox controllers, but on PlayStation controllers the analogue sticks are almost always the first thing to go start messing up. I've been through about 10 controllers between PS3 and PS4 and all but one of them had to be replaced because the analogue sticks stopped working right.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Parzival said:

I don't know about Xbox controllers, but on PlayStation controllers the analogue sticks are almost always the first thing to go start messing up. I've been through about 10 controllers between PS3 and PS4 and all but one of them had to be replaced because the analogue sticks stopped working right.

The newer controllers for Xbox seem to have the same issue. I always buy the other branded ones myself for this reason. I find the PDP brand to make better sticks for both console controllers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, CrabApples said:

The newer controllers for Xbox seem to have the same issue. I always buy the other branded ones myself for this reason. I find the PDP brand to make better sticks for both console controllers. 

I used to buy third-party controllers, but the one-piece directional pad (as opposed to the four separate buttons on Sony ones) was always extremely detrimental to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 6:33 PM, CrabApples said:

The newer controllers for Xbox seem to have the same issue. I always buy the other branded ones myself for this reason. I find the PDP brand to make better sticks for both console controllers. 

Never had an analog stick issue with my xbox controllers, OEM and third party.  it's always the bumper buttons that fail first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...