Horse issues

Whitman1965

My wife got thr scrawny nag at the beginning, sold it, then they gave it back. She then got her free thoughbreed. But now if she dies or her horse runs away during a fight all she can do is call her scrawny nag back. Plus it will follow her on her other horses. Why??

When you start a session do you have your free thoroughbred with you/available?  If not you have the same problem i had.  I resolved it by going into the relevant menu and selecting heal horse.  I have no problems now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Poggy said:

When you start a session do you have your free thoroughbred with you/available?  If not you have the same problem i had.  I resolved it by going into the relevant menu and selecting heal horse.  I have no problems now.

Good to know. I was having this problem for 3 days and even contacted Rockstar about it but they never responded. I am going to see if this works for me as well. 

• Like 1

She starts with the scrawny nag. Has to go to stables n get it. Now her stuff, like bow n guns, are on two different horses. It won't let her put all her stuff on one horse.

16 hours ago, Poggy said:

20 hours ago, Whitman1965 said:

She starts with the scrawny nag. Has to go to stables n get it. Now her stuff, like bow n guns, are on two different horses. It won't let her put all her stuff on one horse.

Sounds like you might have some kind of weird glitch. Contact Rockstar and let them know about it. They might be able to confirm if it is a bug/glitch or not.

22 hours ago, Whitman1965 said:

Not sure if you were the one I quoted in another topic asking if she had both horses saddled. If they're both saddled, that could be part of the problem, tho I cant say for certain. The game may have trouble deciding which saddle to put her guns on, so it splits them. Also could be why it doesn't know which one to call. If only one is saddled or if this is/has been tried and doesnt fix it, then it must be a bug. Even if that solves it, something Rockstar should look into anyways, because you should be able to have all your horses saddled and still only call which specific one you want and have all your equipment with it.

Last night, running with a group.  We did a mission where we had to deliver mail.  One of our gang members ran out jumped on the 1st horse he saw and took off.  
So by the time I came it, they was already out of rage.  So when called for a horse, it said my horse wasn't available.  It sent me the old nag.  By the time I was able to catch up to him.  Once he got off it ran away.  I went to the stable, replaced it with my horse and during the next mission it ran away soon as I hopped off.  This repeated for several missions.  I eventually just shutdown for the night.

• 3 months later...

My problems with horses and stables didn't start until after the update and after I sold/dismissed a horse. For whatever reason, I am unable to assign any of my 4 horses to any role other than that of the default free roam horse. I can call up any of my horses, any time and switch them out, they all have their own saddles and equipment. For the most part this is not  a huge problem but whenever I do an online honour mission I ALWAYS get the old nag. Has this happened to anybody else, does any body have a solution? All the horses are in perfect health and have insurance. I have informed Rockstar of the problem, they said thanks for the info but the stables work fine for everybody else but they would look into it. That was a couple of weeks ago, still got the problem.

Hopefully, Rockstar will fix the problem before  they release the final version,..... whenever that will be.