Nerfed Hunting

Mark4407

I had an excellent night in hunting last night. In one run up the coast from St. Denis to Branywine, I got my fill of big game meat from gators, my fill of heron plumes, some hawk feathers, a 3 star muskrat and rabbit and my prize kills, a 3 star buck and a 3 star cougar. I had to haul the cougar carcass all the way back down to Saint  Denis on foot with my horse following behind  with the buck carcass. I had to take a detour too to avoid other players who could have been a threat. I couldn't afford to risk losing that haul by getting killed. I must have made around $75 on that run alone.

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

I had an excellent night in hunting last night. In one run up the coast from St. Denis to Branywine, I got my fill of big game meat from gators, my fill of heron plumes, some hawk feathers, a 3 star muskrat and rabbit and my prize kills, a 3 star buck and a 3 star cougar. I had to haul the cougar carcass all the way back down to Saint  Denis on foot with my horse following behind  with the buck carcass. I had to take a detour too to avoid other players who could have been a threat. I couldn't afford to risk losing that haul by getting killed. I must have made around $75 on that run alone.

Nice, I've been sticking to fishing lately and only hunting when I'm en-route to the butcher

2 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Nice, I've been sticking to fishing lately and only hunting when I'm en-route to the butcher

When I'm in the area around Strawberry, I like to go salmon fishing. That's an easy $25. I like to go right where the river feeds into Lake Owanjila.

55 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

When I'm in the area around Strawberry, I like to go salmon fishing. That's an easy $25. I like to go right where the river feeds into Lake Owanjila.

Nice. I've been looking for a decent spot (that everyone isn't already at) that has salmon and bass. No luck yet.

3 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Nice. I've been looking for a decent spot (that everyone isn't already at) that has salmon and bass. No luck yet.

No small or largemouth bass there but it does have rock bass, perch, bluegills, chain pickerel and muskie in addition to the salmon.

I joined a few servers where there was like 0 animal life. I was shocked. I couldn't even find a single bird let alone fish for anything. I left the server and rejoined into one that had animals. I think some servers are buggier than others. 

I used to have that issue but not for quite some time. All of the sessions I've been in have been populated with plenty of animals.  Now, if we're talking about side missions, those sometimes disappear and have been as long as I can remember.  They will either reappear on their own or after I force a respawn, join a new session, etc.

Rockstar having problem with crowded server, which cause the disconnect problem. One of solution is to reduce amount of data transfer between player. The lowest priority data like npc boat already show decreasing number of spawn. I'm not really sure, but maybe they already start reduce animal spawn.