Jump to content

RDR2 Online Experience


Force58
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well, I played an hour or so of RDR Online last night and it was rather uneventful.  Previously I had only played for 15-20 minutes after I finished the campaign.  I played in the free roam map and it was very underwhelming.  There were a lot of other people there but I only actually saw/interacted with a couple, and they were both fishing.  It just seemed very empty.  I realize there were jobs I could have done, but I just rode around just to see what else was going on...nothing.  Is there going to be an end goal for free roam or will it be this way when the beta period is over?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is much more to come.  I would suggest reading through the Beta Updates on R*s Newswire site if you want to catch up on all the news that has so far been shared with the community:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/tags/716

Just remember that RDO is a work in progress and still in development.  It's not the same as other console games folks may be used to where betas are mainly to help market the game and stress test servers.  ....with few (if any) changes made by release a couple weeks or so later.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Force58 said:

Well, I played an hour or so of RDR Online last night and it was rather uneventful.  Previously I had only played for 15-20 minutes after I finished the campaign.  I played in the free roam map and it was very underwhelming.  There were a lot of other people there but I only actually saw/interacted with a couple, and they were both fishing.  It just seemed very empty.  I realize there were jobs I could have done, but I just rode around just to see what else was going on...nothing.  Is there going to be an end goal for free roam or will it be this way when the beta period is over?

I would expect it to get the GTA treatment.  People buy Gold Bars, they add new stuff for free or fairly cheap.  The difference being is there has been talk of adding campaign dlcs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

The difference being is there has been talk of adding campaign dlcs 

I'd pay to play as Dutch.  It'd be fun to watch him get his comeuppance. 

Shoot, now I have to go home and reroll my online character and make him a Dutch knockoff.  

"Dutchbag VanFlimFlam"

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, YellowDragon said:

Just have to be patient. There will be more added to the game. Rockstar wants this game to be a success and be a longterm earning platform. They will be able to do this through online and offline DLC.

As of right now we don't know all of their plans.  Like with GTAO, they had campaign dlcs and scrapped them to persue PvP options, they needed players to focus on Shark Cards and not on DLCs. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

As of right now we don't know all of their plans.  Like with GTAO, they had campaign dlcs and scrapped them to persue PvP options, they needed players to focus on Shark Cards and not on DLCs. 

This is what worries me. I want to see some offline DLC to cover some of the characters in the story more. Maybe do like one for each major character in the game, so like 4 or so minus Dutch, Arthur, and John.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, YodaMan 3D said:

I would expect it to get the GTA treatment.  People buy Gold Bars, they add new stuff for free or fairly cheap.  The difference being is there has been talk of adding campaign dlcs 

I was hoping that would be the case.  Lets keep our fingers crossed.  Thanks for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...