I'm So Torn...

KylesDad7

I loved the single player. Played it as totally Honorable and now I want to experience the game again, (just because it was so good) but also as a totally dishonorable rogue this time. However, every time I start up a new campaign, I get all tense and anxious cuz I feel like I'm just wasting time that I should be playing leveling up my online character. 

Woe is me.  😉

If you're looking to start anew and play from start to finish as disreputable, now would be the time while online is still in its infancy. It'll probably be a few more weeks before we get any kind of substantial content update.  If you're not in a rush to unlock everything online, there's no need to power level. That's why I just play a little here and there while theres nothing new, only 46 right now online.

• Like 1

It might be a good idea to just wait until beta testing is over. It is a lot to deal with right now. Between the trolls, the glitches, and the issues with the game that need to be fixed... I can understand not wanting to play it right now. I will go in waves of enjoying it and then wanting to just wait myself. 

• Like 1

I will be honest, thus far I have not had the best time with the online end of the game. I am not saying it is bad in and of itself but the people are making it hard to enjoy. I run into so many douchey people online. Some of them just want to grief you and others want to troll you. Had a dude following me and screwing with me when I was hunting. Really pissed me off. I haven't played the game in a good week. I am probably going to hop on it tonight though.

3 hours ago, RON said:

I will be honest, thus far I have not had the best time with the online end of the game. I am not saying it is bad in and of itself but the people are making it hard to enjoy. I run into so many douchey people online. Some of them just want to grief you and others want to troll you. Had a dude following me and screwing with me when I was hunting. Really pissed me off. I haven't played the game in a good week. I am probably going to hop on it tonight though.

I play sparingly for now, basically only using the quick roam missions to get my fix (accessing them from pressing left on the D pad).

The game is kind of a waste for me right now with all the griefing going on. I'm not investing too much into it in case I don't care for the final product. It will make  it easier to walk away if I feel I have to.

My ultimate would simply be PvE servers once the game officially starts but that might be a reach. Leave the current PvEvP servers they have now because, if you read comments from some here, they are either happy or content dealing with the game as is or with what I consider very minor changes (changing dot color is pointless to me but that seems to be enough for some here).

But, going by what I've seen from Rockstar so far, I'm afraid we'll just have to settle for anti griefing methods and hope they really have some teeth.

We have to remember it's still a beta...at least that's what I tell myself every time I get headshot or lassoed when spawning in and out of quick roam missions.

34 minutes ago, Samplemygravy said:

Highly recommend doing the story mode more than once. Working on 100 percent completion for fun at the moment. Online needs more time. Let it get to a better place so you enjoy it more. Playing as is now will make some folks not want to touch it again. If you aren’t used to betas on pc then just wait. Sooooo many things I saw playing the story again that I missed the first time. Totally worth it!

I agree online is messed up right now.

I am on 2nd time through and really taking my time smelling the roses so to speak. If only I could figure out how to put rotten meat on Dutch or Micah’s horse.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, KylesDad7 said:

I loved the single player. Played it as totally Honorable and now I want to experience the game again, (just because it was so good) but also as a totally dishonorable rogue this time. However, every time I start up a new campaign, I get all tense and anxious cuz I feel like I'm just wasting time that I should be playing leveling up my online character. 

Woe is me.  😉

Play which you prefer now.  Only reason to play online is to gain resources for what is to come.  Build up money, gold, supplies so you can just buy the new stuff, so that you don't have to worry about it later.  If you don't I am sure the griefers are prepping so they can have all the advantages when new stuff comes out just so they can grief you later.  If you aren't concerned about the griefing and love the story, sounds like you need to play the story and have fun doing that.

8 minutes ago, Steven Kreg said:

the story lasts what? months? and its a story.

online may last YEARS... its what its about. Start telling YOUR story now.

If they add DLCs for the campaign, then could be longer.  If they focus on PvP like they did for GTAO.  Then it would be a repeat of GTAO.