Never without one card upgrade bennifits??

Steven Kreg

6 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

Frankly, I haven't upgraded any cards, haven't even used any.

You really should.  You're really putting yourself at a disadvantage if you don't especially against higher level players.

RDO rewards those with high levels.  For example, when I unlocked Express ammo, I discovered I could still hold the max limit for regular ammo as well. .....so for a gun like my Lancaster, I can carry 400 rounds vs. the 200 I was limited to before level 34(?).  I'm guessing once I unlock High Velocity, I will be able to carry 600 rnds. 

I honestly think the limit should be at the amount of ammo regardless of what you choose (say 200).  .....with exceptions for things like explosive ammo of course which should remain heavily restricted in that respect.

Ability cards are the same way.  They're level locked and expensive to upgrade.  Newer players are at a definite disadvantage in this sense.  It makes a big difference and can really help those of us who are attempting to find ways to keep from being victims of griefing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

You really should.  You're really putting yourself at a disadvantage if you don't especially against higher level players.

RDO rewards those with high levels.  For example, when I unlocked Express ammo, I discovered I could still hold the max limit for regular ammo as well. .....so for a gun like my Lancaster, I can carry 400 rounds vs. the 200 I was limited to before level 34(?).  I'm guessing once I unlock High Velocity, I will be able to carry 600 rnds. 

I honestly think the limit should be at the amount of ammo regardless of what you choose (say 200).  .....with exceptions for things like explosive ammo of course which should remain heavily restricted in that respect.

Ability cards are the same way.  They're level locked and expensive to upgrade.  Newer players are at a definite disadvantage in this sense.  It makes a big difference and can really help those of us who are attempting to find ways to keep from being victims of griefing.

While you can carry 200 rounds each, you have to make sure to have the right ones selected all the time. I am not sure if this is a bug or feature but once i am selecting my bow to go for a hunt, i need to select the right ammo once i'll put away the bow and pull out my rifle. Otherwise it will only be loaded with the regular rounds. Sometimes there is even a loading animation if you switch between regular and express.

1 hour ago, Steven Kreg said:

ok.

never without one, you take a headshot and your hat comes off.

so?

why upgrade it to level 3? if it does that at level 1?

anyone know what upgrading that card will do?

You can select this card and go into the upgrade menu and select any of the higher level cards without actually buying them. It will show you what comes next. I am not in front of my box currently to test it but i would assume Rockstar to have something added for level 2 and later level 3.

1 hour ago, cadashka said:

While you can carry 200 rounds each, you have to make sure to have the right ones selected all the time. I am not sure if this is a bug or feature but once i am selecting my bow to go for a hunt, i need to select the right ammo once i'll put away the bow and pull out my rifle. Otherwise it will only be loaded with the regular rounds. Sometimes there is even a loading animation if you switch between regular and express.

You're right but IME, once I equip my two long arms and check that they are loaded with the right ammo, I don't have to worry about it.  In other words, I can switch between the two and they will still be set to Express ammo, etc.  The issue I have is when I start switching one of the weapons in the slots.  I have to recheck when I re-equip weapons.

WIth my sidearms, I never change them so I just make sure they are set with Express ammo at the start of the session and I'm ready to go.

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

You're right but IME, once I equip my two long arms and check that they are loaded with the right ammo, I don't have to worry about it.  In other words, I can switch between the two and they will still be set to Express ammo, etc.  The issue I have is when I start switching one of the weapons in the slots.  I have to recheck when I re-equip weapons.

WIth my sidearms, I never change them so I just make sure they are set with Express ammo at the start of the session and I'm ready to go.

Yea, i have been using special ammo on my revolver, shotgun and rifle ever since i bought them. Special ammo is easy  to come by for those, just missing my special ammo for the lancaster.

I really need to look into the ability cards though.

1 hour ago, BurbonChaser said:

Yea, i have been using special ammo on my revolver, shotgun and rifle ever since i bought them. Special ammo is easy  to come by for those, just missing my special ammo for the lancaster.

I really need to look into the ability cards though.

You're having trouble obtaining or equipping Express ammo for your Lancaster?  ....a bug?  

18 hours ago, Steven Kreg said:

ok.

so?

I'm pretty sure it reduces the damage you take by a lot at level 3. Couple that with slow and steady and you're gonna be really tanky.

I personally use, focus fire, never without one, strange medicine and peak condition. I'm very mobile and fast. So I like my high damage. I might change strange medicine at some point but I haven't decided to what.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steven Kreg said:

ok.

so?

At level 3.  You also take less body shot damage with a hat on.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

That makes sense then.

Do you know if the damage you take without your hat increases at level 2 & 3?

I think it's the same regardless of the level.

13 minutes ago, Mahuk said:

It's a sh*t perk because once your hat is gone it's over, and you take much more damage. 

If you're on or around your horse a lot and have multiple hats, it works great. Hell you can pick up someone else's hat and use it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Mahuk said:

It's a sh*t perk because once your hat is gone it's over, and you take much more damage. 

If you're posse leader you can use the Posse Outfit to get unlimited hats back everywhere. The other option would be on horse back and stored outfits.

23 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Ya, i am doing that as well. But i like using a bow from time to time and that makes me using one slot with variable weapons where i have to take care for the right ammo.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 3:31 PM, Mahuk said:

I like the combination of Never Without One and Horseman. That way if you stay on your horse you do more damage and when your hat gets shot of you can immediately re-equip one!

On 1/20/2019 at 2:36 PM, Steven Kreg said:

ok.

so?

On 1/21/2019 at 9:40 AM, Kean_1 said:

That makes sense then.

Do you know if the damage you take without your hat increases at level 2 & 3?

You take the same damage with your hat off at levels 2 and 3 but less damage with it on at 2 and 3

• Thanks 1