player could lock on to me but not me onto him?

Nomad

This low level player ranked 20 was able to lock on to me every time but even with a bolt I could not lock on to him.  I check his deadeye card and he didn't have the one that enables that.  Is that a glitch or am I doing something wrong here?  The other 2 who were in his posses I could easily lock on to though.

I have experienced this several times as well and I can only attribute it to some kind of server lag or a player tempering with his internet (lag switch or so). None of the players I could not lock on to had slippery bastard ability equipped , I checked. Yet I had this happen several times so I can only logically think that it must be lag - related (be it intentional or not).

• Like 1

I've had this a few times as well, it's just like slippery bastard - it seems they can sustain it for a little while but then you can lock on - but they aren't high enough level to have unlocked the card.

On another, related note, I sometimes happen upon people (Showdowns is where I notice it) for whom lock on doesn't lock on to them, but rather 6 inches to a foot off to one side.  I'm putting that one down to a glitch, rather than anything else.