Giving away snow...

Kormath

There's gotta be a chant we can do to keep the snow away, something like the "Rain rain go away come again some other day" one?

Right now in my back yard, in the untouched areas of snow i have 37 inches, that reflects the snow that has melted from a short rain and the sun shine on it this last week or so.  The weather reporting station here has recorded a total snow accumulation this season of 55 inches.  

And now we just got a winter storm warning for my area for another 2 -3 feet of snow between Saturday and Tuesday.  That will put our total accumulation for the year over 6 ft of snow.  Think it might break the record this year, and will put the snow level in my back yard just over 5 ft if we get the 2 ft they say.  I won't be able to shovel the walk and throw the snow over the snow pile with my bum shoulder, have to pay a neighborhood kid i guess.

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM SATURDAY TO 5 PM MST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Periods of moderate to heavy snow and blowing snow are
  expected. Three day snow accumulations of 2 to 3 feet are
  expected, with localized higher amounts in the mountains above
  pass level. Travel will be very difficult to impossible.

I'm so sick of snow already, and what's weird is i LIKE snow, i like to jump on the snowmobile and go tear around in the boonies, or strap on the snow shoes and take a hike up the hill after a fresh snowfall.  But this is just getting to be too much.  GIVE ME SPRING ALREADY!! :)

So anyone want some snow?  free snow, just pay shipping.

• Like 1

LOL I actually like snow, but only when I don't have to drive to work or walk somewhere in it. When I can sit at home and play some video games, it is nice to see outside. 

As for a saying like rain rain go away...

How about, snow snow, f***off! hahaha So many people here hate the snow. 

On 2/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, Xped said:

Since October 2018, we've had almost 9 feet of snow fall on us where I live.  Yeah....I'm done with snow for this year! 

we're almost there!  after this snowfall the estimate total accumultation for this year will be almost 7 ft.

I don't know how much snow we had this year but it wasn't nearly as much. We have had more rain than anything. I find that to be more annoying in the winter because everything stays wet for so long and if the temps drop enough at night, everything is ice.

18 hours ago, tadp0le said:

I don't know how much snow we had this year but it wasn't nearly as much. We have had more rain than anything. I find that to be more annoying in the winter because everything stays wet for so long and if the temps drop enough at night, everything is ice.

That's what it's doing now.  since Sunday we've gotten almost 20 inches, started raining this morning before i got up and is still raining.  Weather alert says 8 more inches of snow on the way but i think it's going to be rain.

2 hours ago, Syrens said:

Hah, I'm Michigan, I figured someone must be worse off than me, I feel ya!

almost 5 inches of slush to shovel this morning,  that's worse than snow, i can throw a shovel full of snow across my yard repeatedly.  This slush i can barely throw it over the snow pile by the walkway lol   Told my co-worker in Washington state i was gonna be like the hunchback after this winter, except it would be my lower right back as much as those back muscles have gotten a work out from shoveling.

1 hour ago, Syrens said:

Haha crazy.  I've solved the problem mostly by not going outside, but it's getting old and rather boring now.

I've been having fun in my jeep splashing the idiots that use their snow blowers to blow their driveway snow in the street.  Blowing it in the street just makes traveling the street there worse.  I doused some guy on my way to work really well this morning lol.  He had his snow blower trying to shoot the slush/snow mix in his driveway into the street and a large puddle of water at his driveway,  I felt bad, almost, when he tried to run from the spray off my wheels and slipped and fell.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, Kormath said:

I've been having fun in my jeep splashing the idiots that use their snow blowers to blow their driveway snow in the street.  Blowing it in the street just makes traveling the street there worse.  I doused some guy on my way to work really well this morning lol.  He had his snow blower trying to shoot the slush/snow mix in his driveway into the street and a large puddle of water at his driveway,  I felt bad, almost, when he tried to run from the spray off my wheels and slipped and fell.

I never understand that!  Just move it from the drive onto the lawn or something, literally moving it to the road just doubles or triples the original problem of driving on the damn road.  Some people are moronic in times like this.

can i give away water now?  they said we got 32 inches total of snow from this past string of storms.  thursday and friday had temps in the 40's, saturday and today were just over freezing.  THis coming week is going to be near 40 all week.  Let the flooding begin!