Making money in RDR2 online after latest update

BenBennyBen

Question

20 answers to this question

hunt by day, fish by night, try to spawn hideouts for treasure maps... play some missions and showdown series as well 

you have to think of the big picture and stay in it for the long haul however... over time it will add up

• Like 1

I really don't have any award-winning tips to share here. Just hunt the best way possible when you do hunt to get good pelts and such so you earn more for what you get. Fishing is a good way to earn decent scratch if you find a nice spot.

• Like 1

I honestly haven’t noticed much difference. Then again, I tend to shoot every critter in sight, including entire herds of deer and antelope. I don’t worry as much about quality, I’d much rather have a huge stack of poor pelts and satchels maxes out with meat and tusks and antlers etc... with as many small whole birds as I can get my sights on to break down later at the butcher... To me at least, completely devastating the local ecosystem seems the most profitable way to go about things.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 1:48 AM, nshanny73 said:

sorry, forgot attachment

rdr2 - fishing.jpg

Also, 100 feet down river from Cumberland Falls, you can catch your limit in Sockeye Salmon in 5 minutes, and it is a short ride to the butcher in Valentine. I went back and forth 4 times last night and you make 25$ each time, so it was 100$ in about 30 minutes of game time.

Used to be WAY more lucrative, but hunting the shoreline in lemoyne, near the florida like peninsula between san denis and van horn during the day, will usually spawn herons, spoonbills, pelicans and easy muskrats and toads.  I miss when they used to have alligators.

as a side note, I hate that they nerfed this area with lesser spawns 100% guaranteed via my gameplay.

6 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

between san denis and van horn during the day, will usually spawn

I made three north-south rotations a couple days ago, a few minutes north of the railroad track junction and then down toward St. Denis.

3 trips. One bird. No gators. 

3 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

Hmmm... nobody goes to Ambarino b

SHHH, don't give anybuddy ideas. Ambarino's been my hunt for awhile, big game e z p z as in wolves. And I love to take elk maxing out on venison: they are slow so I lasso them and get the extra XP for a knife to the throat. BIG FUN 😂👍 I have started hunting deer the same way in the lowlands and it is improving my horse control skills 😉

Ive been fishing, I stay between just west of Clemmens point and go all the way to Shady belle, in that area there are large mouth, small mouth, lake stergeon, steel head and long nose gar, plus bull head, 2 types of pickerel, rock bass, blue gills etc..

I have been getting 10 each of the bass and steel heads then one stergeon, plus whatever animals I can hunt on the way back and forth and usually it is 130$ a trip to the butcher and I can do two a day in game, or maybe 3 in two days, so 400$ every 3 days in game or so just fishing this area.

Its not super fast $$ but it adds up quickly.

I found two spots with small mouths, and two spots with large mouths and a few spots with steel heads so I have it down to a science at this point.