How about a "Hired Gun" concept.

Voss

Would it be fun or useful for there to be a hired gun feature? 

Instead of be invited to a random posse maybe could just be hired for Mission X.

I'm not a big fan of just teaming up with people I don't know, but wouldn't mind taking on a job on a one and done basis.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voss said:

Would it be fun or useful for there to be a hired gun feature? 

Instead of be invited to a random posse maybe could just be hired for Mission X.

I'm not a big fan of just teaming up with people I don't know, but wouldn't mind taking on a job on a one and done basis.

What you are describing pretty much already occurs when you make yourself available for story missions.

11 minutes ago, Voss said:

I'm sure not what that means "make yourself available for story missions".

Maybe I have missed that.

One of the options for quick join when you tap left on the dpad is to join another player's story mission. It's a one and done. When the mission is over you automatically exit back out into free roam.

I haven't seen a new story mission in a long time. I was thinking of something that was more part of the daily game.

I guess if you're saying that R* could easily implement this because they already have something similar it seems like a no brainer and would add more player involvement.

• Like 1

This would be a great feature. Whenever I'm grinding stranger missions while my friends are offline, I'll create a temporary public posse and hope some random hops on who knows the basics. I welcome new players, but once I start explaining the weird "wait the clock out and hunt/gather for more $ and XP" they usually bail or LEEEROY JENKINS the mission.

I joined the Team Up community on here too, but not sure how to approach folks when joining their session or inviting them to mine. It needs some secret (free) emote when you approach people, imo.

4 hours ago, cpt_hale_storm said:

How about a wagon ride back to camp after a few too many whiskeys?? 1899 Uber ride

Hell yeah! They can have other players drive the wagons. Like you have to be in the town area and if they call for a ride, you go over and get paid to take them home.