Sound issues

Marcos

Question

I was playing RDR2 on history mode, on Xbox One X, suddenly some sounds disappeared. Now I can't hear the sound of shots, the whistle for calling the horses, the sound of horse gallop.  I can't also hear the sound of the cursor navigating on configuration menus. Maybe there are other sounds I can't hear, but these are the ones I missed. I tried to turn off/on the console but nothing changed. I think there is a driver issue, probably for a specific kind of sound file.

Has anyone experimented this problem ? Thanks for anyone who can help me.

8 answers to this question

HI Marcos and welcome to RDR2.org.

You might want to also open a trouble ticket with R* Support while you wait for a response from our members.  ....although there is no guarantee someone here will have an answer to your problem.  All the more reason to reach out to R* CS too.  :)

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.11899831.2076387041.1554766320-1719606522.1525287356

• Like 1

Try a full power cycle on the console.  Just pressing the power button doesn't do this entirely.

Either pull the power cord when the console is "off" and wait for two minutes or press the xbox button on the console and hold it for ten seconds (which forces a full shutdown).

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/How_to_Clear_Cache_on_Xbox_One_X

Try doing this before contacting Rockstar, as they'll probably ask you to do this first.  Turning a computer off and back on again does solve 99% of problems (allegedly).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Try a full power cycle on the console.  Just pressing the power button doesn't do this entirely.

I was gonna say this but you beat me to it :)

This happens on other games as well, I was hoping that was fixed on the X box One X but evidently not,  maybe i'll wait to upgrade after all.