character reset

zBUBUz

Question

Hello, I played rdr2 right from the start and I never felt what happened today. I had the character of lvl 84 last night when I entered the game made me create another character.I have all the gold and money but I have lost all the progress and money invested in cards and weapons, clothes, and gold on horses.What to do? Is there any way I can recover my lvl and everything I had before what happened?  Thank you 

24 answers to this question

of course. play from the beginning with the same account.Now I have created another one but there I had hundreds of hours to play. I never made a glitch to ban, I really do not realize what happened.

18 hours ago, zBUBUz said:

Hello, I played rdr2 right from the start and I never felt what happened today. I had the character of lvl 84 last night when I entered the game made me create another character.I have all the gold and money but I have lost all the progress and money invested in cards and weapons, clothes, and gold on horses.What to do? Is there any way I can recover my lvl and everything I had before what happened?  Thank you 

Damn I've heard of bugs. But that one has to be the mother of all bugs. Sorry!  That was real bad luck. Like others have said, contact R*.  

I gave the ticket to Rockstar, I hope to fix something. Meanwhile, I made that new character, but it's very hard to get it over, at least Lvl get it back. I think they can see the old character and see that I'm not lying about what's wrong

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zBUBUz said:

I gave the ticket to Rockstar, I hope to fix something. Meanwhile, I made that new character, but it's very hard to get it over, at least Lvl get it back. I think they can see the old character and see that I'm not lying about what's wrong

Yes, I believe they can.  As to whether they are able to restore it for you is another matter.

... Just for my own curiosity please consider keeping us updated on your replies received as this could be a HUGE FUBAR of a bug that I hope to never encounter, I'd love to see how it's handled. Sorry you're going through this.

Imagine spending money on gold to buy items and losing them all... ouch!

• Like 1

I still find it hard to believe you lost your entire progression on your character "randomly". You must've deleted it through the main menu while viewing your character on accident. If not that, then someone else did. If it really did automatically delete, you my friend, are haunted to say the least. 

19 minutes ago, DylBandit said:

I still find it hard to believe you lost your entire progression on your character "randomly". You must've deleted it through the main menu while viewing your character on accident. If not that, then someone else did. If it really did automatically delete, you my friend, are haunted to say the least. 

Maybe somebody thought they were exploiting so Rockstar reset their account based on a false report?

10 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

Maybe somebody thought they were exploiting so Rockstar reset their account based on a false report?

If that we’re the case, I’d imagine they’d send some kind of message along with that... however, when looking at the character menu, there is the push and hold square (PS4) to delete character button. Your not paying attention I can see doing that while trying to back out back to free roam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zBUBUz said:

And to say that I accidentally deleted it, Rockstar does not give me anything back, right?

Most likely not. Once the damage has been done, the damage has been done. Not sure if they are able to recover a deleted character. 

I think it all comes down to what they determine the cause to be and how recoverable the data is on their end. I do hope you get your character back. I know I’d be a little ticked at loosing everything, even if it was accidentally my fault.

9 hours ago, Ozy8753 said:

Think I'll take a screenshot of my level, I'm level 203 & don't fancy grinding again. Hope you get it sorted Bro. 

Dude if you lost that account you would be in a world of pain. 

• Thanks 1