Are some R* disconnect's deliberate ?

Jimblob

Designed to hold us back ? Iam begining to think so, todays experince. Daily chalange skin 20 animals, I make my way from Valintine to camp in Hannigans stead collecting pelts as I go for Cripps nip in to Blackwater to sell the meat, continue on to camp and just as I get with in sight of it and WHAM LOW BLOW SUCKER PUNCH ! disconnected and I lose 11 pelt's stowed on horse.

What a pisser

Cripps had a wagon load ready for delivery to MacFarlanes ranch station and just as I am about to enter yellow zone Disconnected

1 Bounty's collected from Lemoyn posters I shoot the gang grab the guy shoot him in the fray, take body to St Denis police station I step in to yellow zone and guess what happen's yip disconnected.

Edited by Jimblob

No, there are not disconnecting people deliberately to keep you from performing tasks.  If they wanted to limit such things, they would add those into the mechanics, economy, etc. of the game.  They are not going to purposely cause errors in their own game to do that.

If you're talking about a 05x0000006 error, they are already aware of it and are working on a fix:

It's a bug.  ......not a conspiracy.

• Haha 1

With so many of the old patched bugs rearing their ugly heads in this update it does make me wonder which version of the game they used as a baseline for this release. Starting to think it was the original Nov-18 version!

Managed to play last night without any disconnects (maybe I never had enough pelts on my horse 😉)  but still encountered a lot of bugs. Tried the Trade Route event for the first time - that was a total bust!!

52 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Disconnected due to a fault on Rockstar game services (Error:0x20010006).

Unable to connect to Rockstar games services (Error:0x99350000)

Funny how in a period of several hours of gameplay the disconnect occurs when the horse cargo is at its most valuable...

I mentioned it before but it's a known issue according to R* Support.  I got them too.

Honestly, since the beginning, I’ve experienced disconnectedness at such a low level I haven’t even found it worthy of submitting a ticket (with the exception of a very brief period immediately following the previous update). I can get why people would be upset about constantly being disconnected.  But it just hasn’t been an issue on my game.

Yeah, there have been some that have been plagued by disconnects from the start.  However, there are also disconnects like these that affect far more people and it's usually after an update, patch, etc. These usually get sorted though.

Perhaps one day when they are addressing one of these far reaching discon issues they'll end up taking care of some of the long-term ones as well.

• 1 month later...

So here's what I know from my own experience. I experience disconnects on my Xbox One X at my place. If I use my sister Xbox One S at her location which has a different ISP then the company that I use, no disconnects at all. This only seems to happen on Red Dead Online. No other games have been an issue. 

But no, I do not believe it is deliberate. That doesn't even make any sense from business model. 

Could it be possible that certain internet providers are interfering with this? I know Rockstar wouldn't purposely do anything like this to hold people back, it makes no sense. They want people to enjoy the game. However, if a provider is trying to throttle your internet connection, I would imagine it would cause issues.