Fronteir Pursuits Poll II (What's your favorite one?)

Senator Goob

Fronteir Pursuits Poll II  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we actually have access to the new roles and have gotten a taste of them, which role is your favorite?

• Bounty Hunter
    • Trader
    • Collector
  2. 2. In reality, which role have you spent the most time doing regardless of which one you truly enjoy the most?

• Bounty Hunter
    • Trader
    • Collector
  3. 3. Rank your two highest leveled roles.

• Bounty Hunter, Trader,
    • Bounty Hunter, Collector,
    • Trader, Bounty Hunter,
    • Trader, Collector,
    • Collector, Bounty Hunter,
    • Collector, Trader,
    • Only tried Bounty Hunter
    • Only tried Trader
    • Only Tried Collector

I love doing the bounty hunter more... the trader is in line with what I have been doing for cash anyhow, so I think it’s getting more actual play time... collector is just there in the background for when I find stuff, though I see myself dedicating more time to it down the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I love doing the bounty hunter more... the trader is in line with what I have been doing for cash anyhow, so I think it’s getting more actual play time... collector is just there in the background for when I find stuff, though I see myself dedicating more time to it down the road.

Collector is boring until you get the metal detector which i cant stop using for some reason. Its so fricken addicting to use that thing. Im always excited about what im gonna get and it pays out really well, maybe trader gives out more based on the title of a video i saw, but ive never tried it. Ive never completed a set but im really close to a few of the ones you get with that thing, and based on the prices for the individual items i know its gonna pay out insane.

Collector is quite a passive activity - I’ve not spent much time actively trying to rank up but it’s my second highest role. You just find stuff as you travel the map doing other things.

Bounty hunter seems the most repetitive, early on anyway. I quite like it but it’s the role I’m least progressed in because I have to make myself go and pick up bounty posters. Doesn’t help that you see the same bounties all the time - I delivered the witch then went to another board and she was on there again, 5 minutes later. Would like to see more correlation between their crimes and the difficulty/type of mission and the reward - all seems a bit rinse-and-repeat. 

With Trader you’re always getting prompted by Cripps to do stuff and it’s the role I most wanted to oreogress to unlock the new gear.

I've wanted to be a Trader from the moment I saw the first announcement of the new roles and now I'm a Trader and it's exactly what I wanted from the game. So, that one. I guess my second-highest one is the Collector because I keep stumbling over collectibles (or get them from looting enemies) and then I just pay a visit to Madam Nazar when I'm in the neighborhood. I don't actively try to be a Collector tho. And Bounty Hunter I tried once and ugh it was way too hectic for my taste, not my thing (although I did enjoy bounty hunting in story mode).

1 hour ago, Antonia said:

Right now Misses i dont remember her name (collector) is not on my map. This is today's glitch lol

Shes in a random spot every day. Theres an article that keeps updating with her location thats always the number 1 article when you type Red Dead Online into google cause its always technically the most recently released/edited.

46 minutes ago, Senator Goob said:

Shes in a random spot every day. Theres an article that keeps updating with her location thats always the number 1 article when you type Red Dead Online into google cause its always technically the most recently released/edited.

Unfortunately my friend she wasn't anywhere. I checked whole map many times.

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

In the map she's invisible. She won't show up there until you come across her in your journeys.

oh i see now. thanx for that. i was confused cause the first two days was visible without visiting her. don't know why. 

You can find her on your map on any given day by simply invoking the Index list when you visit the full map.  She will be listed in the Index and you can click on her name to have her highlighted on your map.  Beats searching for 20 minutes up and down the map.

As for me, I am enjoying all three.  The Collector will just happen over time.  The Bounty Hunter is what I most want to work on.  But the Trader takes a crap load of time and effort to keep both Supplies and Material in good supply.  My original plan was to grind, grind, grind, out all three.  But now, after playing it awhile, I think I am more interested in just taking my time with all three.  And let the best role for me just kind of play itself out.  Frankly, I just want to get BH high enough to be able to go after PC bounties.  For me, that's when the fun really kicks in.  

1 hour ago, Madrigalian said:

You can find her on your map on any given day by simply invoking the Index list when you visit the full map.  She will be listed in the Index and you can click on her name to have her highlighted on your map.  Beats searching for 20 minutes up and down the map.

thats the 1st thing i did. she wasn't on the index