And my new favorite horse is.......

lumper

UPDATE:

I finally tried each of the new horses and have updated my favorite horse, see the last post or later post from me in this thread below.

I am LOVING this Kladruber, earlier I bought the white and black one because I love the look, they look great and depending on what you wear it looks even better, BUT I knew these were just for cosmetics as the stats are very low, similar to a Shire, so as soon as I got to level 20 I bought the dark one with the best stats in that class, there is a silver one and a blueish, blackish one, it reminds me of the horse I got in Story mode for buying the special edition, except it is blue.

This horse is amazing!!

The stamina I suppose drains similar to a Fox Trotter I guess, very slowly, and of course it will also depend on what saddle you use, I am not even using the best saddle combo to be honest and it is fine, never have to pump the left stick while riding, can run across the map easily and very quickly, has a good temperament over all.

In the light the colors just pop.

I have a lot of  horses? how many can you have? I have all but one, I left one slot open.

I have both Trotters, a Turk, a Shire, 3 Kladrubers, and The bay frame Overo Croillo,  it has even better stats than the Kladruber it just is a little smaller and has a cow like coat. ? 

That one is amazing as well, but it is a little too small for my taste, I like a larger horse, I will use it in races though as it is super quick and smaller than the trotters.

I was going to buy both of the best Kladrubers as I love the black and white combo, I keep one of each because sometimes I wear a Lone ranger type outfit, all white with a big azz hat and my white horse' name is Silver, I was hoping for mask in the update but we got an eye patch and some cool glasses, the goggles actually work as a mask if you get the right ones.

then I keep a black one for a similar theme, so I have a good guy and bad guy,  one all white and one all black

Anyway for now I am not going to bother with the silver one, I have 3 as it is, but this one "Sheldon" is my new main go to horse for just about everything, he does spook with wolves after a while and I suppose with gators and snakes too, so they arent perfect, but they look so amazing and have such great stats and run so fast and smooth Ill put up with it for a while.

Check out Sheldon below.

These pics blow up pretty large and you can really see the "Blue"
For looks I also love that middle sta one that looks like Buell, but meh, I cant have every horse.

Do you have a new favorite horse after trying any of these new breeds?

Sheldon_1.png

Sheldon_2.png

Sheldon_3.png

Sheldon_4.png

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use a male and female fox trotters of different color.  This kladruber of yours rides smoother and just as fast as them you say?  I had a black arabian but discarded his worthless ass, along with a Turk I hated.

Edited by Zui

1 hour ago, Zui said:

I use a male and female fox trotters of different color.  This kladruber of yours rides smoother and just as fast as them you say?  I had a black arabian but discarded his worthless ass, along with a Turk I hated.

I think it does, I didnt do specific tests and I did ride the Croillo a little earlier and that one I think has better speed and acceleration if I remember, but I just enjoy riding the Kladruber.

The size, the color the speed, etc.. 
I was also using a saddle that isnt great compared to others like the nocodo... and I found it great to use for long trips across the map, I am going to mess around with it later a little to see if there are any advantages or not.
I just love the look and I find it great to use so far for all kinds of things, it may not be the best horse, or fastest, but I think it has enough going for it that I dont feel like I should grab a "better" horse at any point, it is a pleasure to ride it.

I like it better than my Trotters, I love my trotters but they are so temperamental sometimes I have to stable them and take a break. 
My Dark Turk is great honestly and good looking, but traditional, I really like the color of this Kladruber it is unusual.

So, I am looking at them now, the Trotter definitely has better stats on speed and acceleration, quite a few more actually, I dont know, when I ride the Kladruber the stamina drains real slow and it feels like im going as fast as I ever did on my Trotter but meh, maybe not, maybe it just seems like it because I like this horse so much, lol.

ITs definitely not the best horse in stats but I really like riding it and I am using it for everything at the moment.

What I learned about the Kladruber is that they are the only horse in game with higher acceleration than speed, once they hit bonding level 4  they get to 10 health and stamina and they max at 7 speed, 8 acceleration.
So, the Trotter with a Nocodo..saddle and stirrups is still  best for stamina drain and top speed and acceleration, nothing beats those that I can see.

BUT, it is still very good, the drain isnt as good as the Trotter but it is very manageable and for me I love the coat, the color and size of the horse just works for me.

I wanted to make that clear in case anyone considered buying one, they are not superior to the Trotter in stats but they are very quick and brave when you reach bonding level 4.

I have only 2 horses and both are MFT. I looked at the new horses but none of them compares to MFT statwise so i decided not to buy one. 

2 horses actually work for me if one is shot or ded during an accident i can call the other one. Also i dont like the idea of paying for stable that much with more horses. 

Anyway that is just my opinion and my game style. 

2 hours ago, Feorh said:

Currently owned arabian one and this horse begins to irritate me with its personality. Scares everything, trying to run-out, etc.

Seems like time to try MFT.

I had black Arabian myslef but got rid of it bcoz of issues that You put out.   He was super scared of everything, running away and stuff, tripping over a half meter branches etc. I could not coun how many times i shot him in the head for tripping over lol

Currently have 2 x MFT and only bcoz  you need 2 horses in case one gets shot in a fight or kills himself.    imho MFT best horse in game. 

UPDATE:

Ok, yesterday I decided I better put these horses through their paces and see what is up.

Turns out that yes the Trotter has a higher top speed, and far less stamina drain than the Kladruber.

I still love the Kladruber better, here's why.

The Klad at level 4 is a close second in drain rate even with an inferior saddle, if you use a Noco. saddle on a Trotter the stamina drain is unreal, super slow, But the Klad is a very close 2nd even with a lesser saddle, it doeesnt have the same top speed, yet it goes real fast, and at level 4 bonding, the Klad is much better with wolves, bears, snakes and gators, that is the main difference.

The klad is brave the Trotter is scared of its own shadow and I just got tired of getting thrown on my butt everytime a wolf shows up.

So, technically yes the Trotter is a little faster and uses less stamina, but the Klad has all you need and then some, plus it is not scared of every little thing, it looks better if you ask me, stands a a little taller and over all I just like it better.

I stand by my statement, this is my new favorite horse, and the number one reason I love it next to its temperament is everyone else is running around on Trotters and I just hate seeing 6 trotters out of 7 riders in a group.

If you can afford the $950.00 I highly recommend you try one, yes the Trotter is tech better in a couple areas, but I assure you that you wont even notice, it isnt like the Klad is draining stamina at a rate that makes you change your play style, it is very close to the Trotter.

It may not before for everyone, and thats a good thing, give one a try.

9-18-2019_10-42-51_AM-1aysm3jr.png

Edited by lumper

I'm a huge Kladruber fan as well - I bought the Cremello one (HE'S SO SHINY, especially when it rains! And he reminds me of Buell) and today I max'd out my Trader and almost immediately bought the Dark Gray one because aaaah, what a good horse. I LITERALLY had a Grizzly bear running towards me earlier (it was one of those dynamic events where a guy gets attacked) and Good Guy Kladruber just stood there calmly like "oh yeah, you think you're scaring me? Think again". My Black Arabian would have FREAKED OUT and thrown me off (and I got pretty good at determining when he was gonna freak out, I do love him still, same goes for my Turkomans, but the Kladruber seems to be the chillest of them all), and I doubt my Turkoman would have stood there calmly either, but that Kladruber? Maaaaan. He gets a little skittish around alligators, granted, but nowhere near as much as my Arabian or even the Turkoman.

And he's decent when it comes to handling and speed as well, I'm really quite fond of this new breed - I'm glad I'm not the only one, OP! :)

• Like 1

I have both the lvl 20 Kladruber and lvl 20 Breton. Kladruber is good, I like it a lot. I love the Breton though . IMO one of the best horses in game by far. Since the update a lot of my friends have been reporting drastic temperament changes in their MFTs and Turks. I thought it was just my horses, but seems to be very common. Most of my friends that loved MFT now all ride the lvl 20 Criollo. They love it it. I am dragging my ass on reaching lvl 20 for Dora the Explorer because I don't really care for the role.  So I personally can't attest for the Criollo. But basically Breton is a better Turk and the Criollo is a better MFT. Breton and Kladruber have EXCELLENT temperaments. I already sold my MFT and one of my Turks because I know I will never touch them again. If speed is your thing the Criollo is the fastest but temperament can be kinda suspect like the MFT. Breton and Kladruber are perfect for just about anything and so chill. They also are not clumsy like a toddler compared to the Turk. All this is based on the $950 lvl 20 horses not the other variants. 

Got in a gun fight yesterday and my Breton kept shielding the bullets from the other player with it's body. Skullfcker is a good boi. The best. My MFT would be in the next county the minute he got popped. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

3 hours ago, Zui said:

I bought a Criollo and like it so much I sold one of my MFTs.  When I get her to level 4 I’ll try out a Breton and maybe a Kladruber.

I too bought a Criollo, he is fast, but a little small for my taste.

I really like the look of the bounty horse, I forget the name, the level 20 one looks amazing and has a great attitude like the Kladruber.

I am planning on buying one more horse then my stable will be full, Ill wait til I hit level 20 on Bounty hunter and grab that one and call it a day, I have a loot of horses.

5 hours ago, lumper said:

I too bought a Criollo, he is fast, but a little small for my taste.

I really like the look of the bounty horse, I forget the name, the level 20 one looks amazing and has a great attitude like the Kladruber.

I am planning on buying one more horse then my stable will be full, Ill wait til I hit level 20 on Bounty hunter and grab that one and call it a day, I have a loot of horses.

I’m in first-person 90% of the time so looks aren’t very important to me.  I can forgive a lot if my horse goes where I tell it to, doesn’t gallop with it’s head blocking my view or whine half the time.  So far this Criollo checks all the boxes, plus it’s fast.  I haven’t tested it against predators or in battle yet but I’m not too concerned as I often prefer to shoot while on my feet anyway.

3 hours ago, Zui said:

I’m in first-person 90% of the time so looks aren’t very important to me.  I can forgive a lot if my horse goes where I tell it to, doesn’t gallop with it’s head blocking my view or whine half the time.  So far this Criollo checks all the boxes, plus it’s fast.  I haven’t tested it against predators or in battle yet but I’m not too concerned as I often prefer to shoot while on my feet anyway.

Ok great.

I love that we have so many options with horses and so many ways of using them.

I like to be on horseback when I fight if possible, and right now I am using a couple ability cards in that direction so the horse has to have good speed, great bravery and be able to take a beating and not go down easily.

I have so many horses but each one has a specific thing about it I really like and cant bring myself to sell or discard, even though I have discarded horses in the past to make room.

Last word from me on the Kladruber.

So I hit level 4 on both of them, then I added the Nogol...saddle, with this saddle the drain rate is nearly the same as the Trotter, I mean if it isnt the same it is so close you cant notice it or at least I didnt .

With that, I really do love this horse.

I loved it when I thought it was a slightly distant second in drain rates and speed but now I am 100% sold on it and because it has a superior temperament to the Trotter.

I havent tried the Bounty horse yet and I hear they have an even better temperament so I am excited to try one when I hit level 20 on Bounty hunter, but until then, for looks, and specs, the Kladruber is my favorite horse so far.

Edited by lumper

On 9/18/2019 at 1:47 PM, MrPicard said:

I'm a huge Kladruber fan as well - I bought the Cremello one (HE'S SO SHINY, especially when it rains! And he reminds me of Buell) and today I max'd out my Trader and almost immediately bought the Dark Gray one because aaaah, what a good horse. I LITERALLY had a Grizzly bear running towards me earlier (it was one of those dynamic events where a guy gets attacked) and Good Guy Kladruber just stood there calmly like "oh yeah, you think you're scaring me? Think again". My Black Arabian would have FREAKED OUT and thrown me off (and I got pretty good at determining when he was gonna freak out, I do love him still, same goes for my Turkomans, but the Kladruber seems to be the chillest of them all), and I doubt my Turkoman would have stood there calmly either, but that Kladruber? Maaaaan. He gets a little skittish around alligators, granted, but nowhere near as much as my Arabian or even the Turkoman.

And he's decent when it comes to handling and speed as well, I'm really quite fond of this new breed - I'm glad I'm not the only one, OP! :)

This is the biggest selling point to me, if the horse has nearly the same speed and acceleration as the Missouri Fox Trotter and the temperament of the Turk and then some it is perfect for most anything you want to do in game.

I do have a few other horses that I bought only for how they look, I like to use them with certain outfits, but for battles, and jobs/missions, it is the Kladruber all day for now on, until I try the level 20 bounty horse, I have a feeling that one will take over for ultimate temperament but til then, my dapple Kladruber is the best looking horse I have IMO and does it all well.

I do have two Trotters, a Turk, two lesser Kladrubers, the Black and White, and the collector horse I forget its name, but the real fast one, plus the two level 20 Kladrubers, I have one spot left without selling any horses, and I plan to try the level 20 bounty horse.

Im not sure if I will let any go, so many people use the Trotters that although they are great horses I might let one of them go if I need room, same with the turk, it is a good horse, but when you have a stable of great horses, it is hard to justify a normal looking average horse.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

I also just realized that the Level 20 Kladruber when bonded to level 4 has 100% health and 100% stamina!

This is the only horse in the game with 100% health and stamina, there is an Arabian that has 99, but none higher, until now.

So in summary, the two high end Kladrubers are amazing, it is the only horse to have more acceleration than speed, and to have 100 health and 100 stamina, they have a great temperament and when you use a Nocodolches saddle they are very similar to the Missouri Fox Trotters, the drain is very slow, you can literally run top speed all over the map and not worry about your horse.

They are the larger of the new horses and larger than the Trotters, and the one dapple coat is an amazing blueish color that I just love.

Sorry to keep adding things, I didnt realize at first how amazing the horse was, it was just my new favorite based on early performance and looks, but then I bonded with him and used him for everything in the game that I do and then after all that I decided to look at stats and numbers.

The horse is better than I first implied, and if you havent tried one, you can do a lot worse than a level 20 Trader Kladruber.

You get most of the speed of the trotters with better temperament and similar drain and it is the only horse in the game with 100 health and stamina so thats pretty cool too.

If you love the trotters but hate how they buck at the first sign of trouble, this is your new horse.

• Like 1

Yes, the Kladruber is the only horse in the game (at this point) that maxes out in both health and stamina when fully bonded (my fully bonded black Arabian only has 9 out of 10 in both). It's great for everything, even bounty hunting, mine really eats bullets for breakfast, lol. He can take a REAL beating, AND today I discovered he's not even afraid of cougars. I had a cougar creep up on us from behind and I turned and fully expected for my buddy to throw me off but naaah, he just stood there calmly while I had enough time to deal with the cougar. It felt like as if he was saying "I know you got this, boss". lol

I also saw a video on Youtube today where a Red Dead Youtuber was also discovering how awesome the Kladruber is - the horse is definitely getting both popularity and attention. I guess people thought at first that it wasn't good for much due to its lack of speed (which is totally nullified when using that Naca... Naco... saddle I can't spell, but everyone knows which one I mean) but now that you don't really need much speed to play Red Dead anymore, at least not for the new roles, the needs of many players have changed and they want a solid horse that takes them where they need to go AND eats bullets for breakfast AND is chill when a cougar shows up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrPicard said:

Yes, the Kladruber is the only horse in the game (at this point) that maxes out in both health and stamina when fully bonded (my fully bonded black Arabian only has 9 out of 10 in both). It's great for everything, even bounty hunting, mine really eats bullets for breakfast, lol. He can take a REAL beating, AND today I discovered he's not even afraid of cougars. I had a cougar creep up on us from behind and I turned and fully expected for my buddy to throw me off but naaah, he just stood there calmly while I had enough time to deal with the cougar. It felt like as if he was saying "I know you got this, boss". lol

I also saw a video on Youtube today where a Red Dead Youtuber was also discovering how awesome the Kladruber is - the horse is definitely getting both popularity and attention. I guess people thought at first that it wasn't good for much due to its lack of speed (which is totally nullified when using that Naca... Naco... saddle I can't spell, but everyone knows which one I mean) but now that you don't really need much speed to play Red Dead anymore, at least not for the new roles, the needs of many players have changed and they want a solid horse that takes them where they need to go AND eats bullets for breakfast AND is chill when a cougar shows up.

And I like a tall horse and the color of the dapple is amazing, so add it all up, damn good horse to get.

22 hours ago, narmin said:

I will also buy the Breton if I make the 20 at the Bounty Hunter. Pulls like rubber - often no points, although delivery to the sheriff: Currently level 8 ... another photo of the Kladruber

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.8f348d63155b3a87c41da5c7a92e01bb.jpg

Me too, I plan to buy this horse (The Breton)when I get to level 20 in the Bounty hunter, I am told it has an even better temperament than the Kladruber and so I want to see it for myself, I am not 100% on the size, I like a taller horse, I bought the fastest horse in the game the new ciollio or whatever it is the Collector horse when you reach level 20, its a fast horse and all but its small and I just dont love it.

I suppose if I were to race thats the horse I am going to pull out from the stable, but otherwise I dont use it.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

I also have the ciollio.  is very fast.  All top horses have 35 points with this saddle, but this Kladrubber is for me the best all-rounder: 10/10 Big and stamina are incredible.  Brilliant ...

By the way, the Arabs are the only ones with 36 points.

Edited by Kean_1
Translated your post for you into English

12 hours ago, lumper said:

And I like a tall horse and the color of the dapple is amazing, so add it all up, damn good horse to get.

Yes, I love the bigger horses as well. I kept that HUGE black Shire horse Arthur gets at the beginning of the story mode all through the single player campaign because I loved it from the moment I saw it, especially when Hosea described it as "mean" or something, lol. MY KIND OF HORSE. I also loved how tiny every single other horse looked compared to it, lol.

As for the multiplayer... my only wish is that the Level 20 Trader Kladruber came in black (I wish we could pick not just gender but also choose between the most common horse coats or something, I mean we have a zillion colors to pick from when it comes to cars in GTA as well, so why not here) but hey, I'll take the gray one, too. All good.

• Like 1

Sweet, ok, I am going to buy a Breton when I can. Only level 5 BH at the moment..

What do you guys think of the Horse you get with the Ultimate Edition? The Black Chesnut Thoroughbred is it? I can't any of them as fast as that one I got for free at launch. He's a bit skittish, yes, and not got much health, but for speed, and catching bounties, I can find no better than him.

So I bought the silver Kladruber and she maneuvers so well and hardly ever fusses about anything.  Got her to bond level 4 and I think I like her even better than my Criollo.  Being a taller horse she helps me see prey and stuff better too.  I think this is my number 1 horse.  

• Like 1