Help! Weapon lost from inventory.

Hi! First time posting and English is not my first language, so be kind!

A weapon of mine is lost from my inventory, the Cleaver to be more specific. I picked it up from inside a house during a mission in chapter 6, thinking "Great! Now I don't have to pay for it!" I then continued the game not using it or ever looking at it. I know that it registered in my compendium through.

Now that I've finished the Main story I was completing my weapons compendium and the cleaver was not registered all of a sudden. Looked everywhere in my inventory/weapon wheel, but it's gone. I then went to buy it from a fence, but I can't because it says that I am already carrying 1/1 of the cleaver. So now I have one weapon missing from my compendium, but no way to fix it!!

I have tried to "empty" my weapon wheel by tossing all similar items, such as hatchets and stuff, and I have also tried to kill myself. Has someone here experienced the same thing or know what's going on? I can't find anything when I Google for it!

Thanks for reading!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 11:03 PM, Leanne Lawson said:

O.Have done this many times, it is not there. Only way yo fix is to reload a save that was many hours of gameplay ago. Have talked to Rockstar support, they could not help. 😔

Damn. I was going to suggest asking them. A buddy of mine had this happen and I can't remember what he did to fix it or if it even worked. Next time I talk to him, I'll try to remember to ask. I personally never lost any weapons. Must be some kind of glitch. 

5 hours ago, dIV4r said:

Damn. I was going to suggest asking them. A buddy of mine had this happen and I can't remember what he did to fix it or if it even worked. Next time I talk to him, I'll try to remember to ask. I personally never lost any weapons. Must be some kind of glitch. 

I would appreciate that, friend. But yeah, a glitch that seems to be very uncommon. 😖

• 2 months later...

Just a shot in the dark, but did you try checking the fence? I had the Carcano disappear from my inventory after the mission to rescue Abigail from the Pinkertons, but went to a gunsmith and was able to simply buy it again.

Never mind, OP said he did that.

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, WAIVRaps said:

This is very annoying so I contacted rockstar and they ended up responding that they did in fact see my glitch report... so if they end up fixing it who know! But its quite ridiculous if they don’t fix anymore bugs in story mode because of boring online! Screenshot of what rockstar said!

Wow, that really ain't much of a response. I feel like at this point, there is just a lot of things they are ignoring right now because they want to focus on the online end of the game so things in the story are getting pushed aside which makes no sense to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 1/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, WAIVRaps said:

This is very annoying so I contacted rockstar and they ended up responding that they did in fact see my glitch report... so if they end up fixing it who know! But its quite ridiculous if they don’t fix anymore bugs in story mode because of boring online! Screenshot of what rockstar said!

Interessting to see that I am not the only one with this issue.  Very lazy answer, I too think they prioratize online, sadly! Thanks for taking the time to conctact them and posting it here!

• Thanks 1

In all fairness, customer support is limited in what they're allowed to tell us. They don't have the authority to promise fixes or tell us when fixes will come.

But if they tell me to clear my cache one more time, there will be a reckoning.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 9:44 PM, HIGHHorse said:

Wow, that really ain't much of a response. I feel like at this point, there is just a lot of things they are ignoring right now because they want to focus on the online end of the game so things in the story are getting pushed aside which makes no sense to me.

Yes it is very annoying and frustrating! I don’t play online, and i never will because it just feeds into the reason rockstar keeps focusing on it... it makes them so much more money them story mode witch is sad because I, just like many people, bought the game for the story not to play online.... its a very money hungry move by a company who already has so much money and such great story elements.... also i aint paying for ps4 plus just to play boring online!

1 hour ago, WAIVRaps said:

Yes it is very annoying and frustrating! I don’t play online, and i never will because it just feeds into the reason rockstar keeps focusing on it... it makes them so much more money them story mode witch is sad because I, just like many people, bought the game for the story not to play online.... its a very money hungry move by a company who already has so much money and such great story elements.... also i aint paying for ps4 plus just to play boring online!

That was a canned response they were giving many folks which started after the PC release.  I got a similar one too.  

IME, they never automatically closed cases and their response times were published as <48 hrs but realistically were usually same day.  ....then they increased that and even changed it on their Support site.

It sucks that you couldn't get this addressed.  That aside, you have to realize online isn't the "big bad wolf" here neither is R* for pursuing it.  Sure, a lot of folks buy games like this for the campaign but the fact is, a whole lot of others buy it for online.  R* wouldn't be successful if there weren't people to play their games.  ......and it's that success that allows them to make these great stories, campaigns, free content, etc.  

Right, wrong or indifferent, R*'s GaaS model is one of the most successful in the industry and that doesn't happen by simply producing boring games or focusing only on the bottom line.  Also, in an age where other companies were taking the easy route and dumping SP elements in their games for online-only, R* stuck with it because they knew there were still fans.   It paid off and funny enough it seems some of those that abandoned SP got the message that maybe it wasn't such a good idea.