10/1/19 Weekly Update, New Bounty, Bonuses and More

Kean_1

THE OWLHOOT FAMILY: SADISTIC, DESPERADO GANG WANTEDPLUS NEW FREE ROAM EVENT FOR COLLECTORS, HUNTER HATCHET LEGENDARY BOUNTY AWARD AND MORE

915b34a83c3bd8e0645d13ef44b6149a3f1e6774

Responsible for the treacherous murders of many an innocent traveler, a bounty has been placed on the senior members of The Owlhoot Family, effective immediately.  Currently operating out of Rio Bravo, this notorious gang of desperados is wanted for multiple counts of barbarism and murder around Benedict Pass. It is imperative and of the utmost urgency that these dangerous criminals be held to account for their misdeeds by October 7th - whether by capture or by death. Approach this group with extreme caution, and you may want to enlist the help of your fellow Bounty Hunters when attempting to capture multiple targets.

Licensed Bounty Hunters can take on Legendary Bounty Missions by picking up their poster at the nearest Bounty Board. A short while after completing a Legendary Bounty, it will reappear to be played at an increased difficulty - indicated by the number of stars present on the poster.

501907d7826bd06259947d54db3fa121f2f8a52f

The existence of a rare and high value Condor Egg has been rumored and eagle-eyed Collectors are invited to join in the search. Keep an eye on the skies (Condors tend to circle overhead, after all) but beware of roaming bandits seeking to line their own pockets. The first player to find the Egg will get to keep it to do with as they wish. Free Roam Event - Condor Egg is available to all Collectors Rank 4 and above - look out for an invite while exploring the world in Free Roam.

bf481d52d852f4f236e2000c9b6a0d71701e81d9

The Hunter Hatchet - a brutal, sharp-edged weapon built to hew through flesh and bone alike - is now carried by local Fences in Saint Denis, Emerald Ranch, Van Horn and Rhodes.

Defend your stockpile from raiding opponents and unleash a hail of free-aim gunfire in Spoils Of War (Free-Aim), launched from the Online menu. 

4de483c8b449f5e6dad5f4dcc3b48aa561f2b3a2

All those who take to the frontier this week will qualify for a gift of RDO$200 just for playing Red Dead Online, while completing any Role Free Roam Event like the new Condor event yields an exclusive red and black colorway of the Fuentes Poncho. As an added bonus, Bounty Hunters who successfully bring The Owlhoot Family to justice by October 7th will be rewarded with a bonus of 5 Tomahawks.

9e788a2298a06d3665c3909bb66036e0650ae141

Red Dead Online players who have enabled 2-Step Verification on their Social Club accounts will receive a bonus 2,000 Club XP, as well as an exclusive tint of a brand new clothing item - the dashing yet practical Morales Vest. All gifts should arrive within 48 hours of logging in to Red Dead Online.

Read about all of this week's in-game bonuses and events at the Social Club Events Page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This week in Red Dead Online, Bounty Hunters get to track down another legendary target, Collectors get to seek out new riches, Traders get to keep doing the same thing and there are other bonuses on offer as well - including a free RDO$ promotion.

The latest Legendary Bounty for Bounty Hunters to sink their teeth into are the Owlhoots. This hermit family of savage murderers operates out of Rio Bravo, where they murder and steal without prejudice. Since you are up against multiple hardened killers, like some wild west version of the cannibal family from The Hills Have Eyes, you need to be extra careful - bring your posse and take out your targets by the 7th of October. Completing this bounty will earn you a bonus of 5 tomahawks.

oct1bonus-800x450.jpg

Instead of a new weekly list of rare items, Collectors can take on a new free roam event starting this week. Free Roam Event - Condor Egg has you seek out a rare and valuable condor egg before other Collectors do. The location of the prized egg is indicated by birds circling above. Unlike the weekly items, this event is here to stay, and is available to Collectors who have reached Rank 4.

Red Dead Online also got a new weapon today - the Hunter Hatchet is a vicious melee weapon used by the hardiest trackers in the wilderness. You can pick up yours starting today from any fence throughout the frontier. You can even put it to use in this week's featured playlist, Spoils of War (Free Aim).

oct1giveaway-800x450.jpg

Rockstar wants to thank all players for their dedication to Red Dead Online with a special gift. Anyone who logs into the game this week will automatically receive RDO$200. All you need to do is play to qualify! Additionally, if you complete any Role Free Roam Event - of which the Condor Egg is the only one so far, but we assume this means more are coming - you'll unlock a Fuentes Poncho as well.

We wonder what other Role Free Roam Events Rockstar has planned!

The post The Owlhoots Are Red Dead Online's Newest Bounty appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

$200 gift doesn't make up for the $1100 R* have cost me in the last 3 days with disconnects on delivery missions.

Condor egg challenge popped as soon as I logged on but bugged out and wouldn’t work for me so no idea what that’s like.

Like the fact that all the legendary bounties have all been very differently themed so far but they really need to allow you to dismiss the poster if you want to do a 3* Bounty.

• Like 1

I like that you can do the legendary bounty solo, at least the first two difficulty settings, I haven't gone beyond that,. I really enjoyed it and it gave me quite a payout as well when I managed to deliver all four of them alive. I didn't even need the bounty wagon, the game lets you catch them one by one and provides you with a prison wagon to take them to. I like this. AND the fact that there's no timer. Keep 'em coming, R*! :)

• Like 2