After the roles

lumper

I hit level 20 on all three roles.

I bought each new horse breed, and each item available for each role, nothing left to do now but make money.

I was afraid that after hitting level 20 we woudl be back to nothing to do, but to my surprise we have a lot going on now.

Daily challenges keep me busy for a few hours, running my trader business doesnt take quite the same commitment but takes a little time.

The legendary bounty is always fun, I do one a day so I have something to do tomorrow.

But the collecting makes the real cash.

I found that I have 5 to 9 of most of the items, but in each collection I am missing 2 to 5 items, so now after daily challenges are done, after I fill Cripps and run for materials and supplies, and after I do the legendary bounty each day, I look at my collections, what do I need?, then I take any collection with 3 or less items missing, I go get those last 1,2, or 3 items and then go see Madam Nazar, today I sold $3500.00 worth of collectibles, tomorrow Ill have another $2000.00 and each day that number will go down until I am out of items, then I will forget about collecting again for a while and just pick up whatever I run across as I do bounties, and trade jobs, and daily challenges, and after a week or so when I have multiple of items again, I can rinse and repeat.

It is a good system to keep the $$ rolling in and keeping up with daily challenges and gold.

At least this is my plan until the next roles drop, probably around X-mas, if not Halloween.

I also found I hit level 221 today, I went from 183 to 221 without even trying, just doing the above system, so that number continues to climb, and I dont go get treasure maps anymore, I wait until I have 4 or 5 or more then I go out and grab them all

Each day after I am done, I also go to the butcher and sell off everything that Cripps wouldnt take so as I lg off I am set for the next day, and all I have to do is come in and start on daily challenges and then keep Cripps running, etc.. 

Everyone likes to play there own way, I found what for me works well, a good way to make pretty consistent money while getting my daily challenges back up to 21 days so I can get the .5 payouts again.

Today I had $242.54 when I went to see Madam Nazar, I left her with #3650.00 and now that I have nothing left to buy, I can see the money building up very fast.

Whats is your daily strategy?

15 hours ago, BeggarBarnaby said:

I don't have a daily strat however I have set a goal for myself I want to have my cards maxed and $10k and hopefully 35G for the next pass and the 10k by the end of the year

very reasonable goals.

I did grab 5 new cards and got them all maxed out to tier 3, so now I go back and forth between various builds, currently I am running what I consider a tank build.

Slow and Steady

Iron lung

Fool me once

Kick in the butt.

This combo makes you very hard to kill, gives you enough time to retaliate or escape, I have survived and beaten posse that have come for me and attacked.

The main thing I sometimes swap is Ill drop Kick in the butt for The unblinking eye, which gives you 15 seconds of extra dead eye, so depending on your tonic situation and fighting style.....I am trying it both ways, I like it the way it is now without Unblinking.

Anyway, good luck with your goal, you can do it.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lumper said:

very reasonable goals.

I did grab 5 new cards and got them all maxed out to tier 3, so now I go back and forth between various builds, currently I am running what I consider a tank build.

Slow and Steady

Iron lung

Fool me once

Kick in the butt.

This combo makes you very hard to kill, gives you enough time to retaliate or escape, I have survived and beaten posse that have come for me and attacked.

The main thing I sometimes swap is Ill drop Kick in the butt for The unblinking eye, which gives you 15 seconds of extra dead eye, so depending on your tonic situation and fighting style.....I am trying it both ways, I like it the way it is now without Unblinking.

Anyway, good luck with your goal, you can do it.

Thank you, I really like the build options currently out however I feel that me using dead eye feels a little cheap so I tend to avoid using it unless I have to.

59 minutes ago, BeggarBarnaby said:

Thank you, I really like the build options currently out however I feel that me using dead eye feels a little cheap so I tend to avoid using it unless I have to.

I will never understand this.

If you were playing call of duty, then yeah I woudl agree but you are playing RDR2 the main feature that sets this game apart is dead eye!!

Use it!!

it is in the game and you should use it with no guilt or shame.

I hate it when I hear people saying you suck your using cards?

Umm yeah dude this is rdr2? wtf are you doing?

It doesnt make a player a better player because they dont use the cards especially dead eye, it makes them silly and an easy target frankly.

then again,I look at what everyone is using just for fun, and nearly everyone is using a card load out, so dont worry, load up what works best for your play style and rock it hard man!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BeggarBarnaby said:

Most of the new cards are cheap IMO. Getting into gun fights used to be a game of skill . Now it is a game of who is running Slow and Steady, Fool Me Once, etc. All while pounding tonics. Weak sauce if you ask me. Time to kill is way out of hand . With certain builds you can tank 3 explosives. Sad. AND yes it sucks people can hide behind cards and tonics . How is shooting someone over 6 times in the head fun? Some people like to have open world gun fights. Now this and Showdown is a joke. I hope R* gives us a card free lobby. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

1 hour ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Most of the new cards are cheap IMO. Getting into gun fights used to be a game of skill . Now it is a game of who is running Slow and Steady, Fool Me Once, etc. All while pounding tonics. Weak sauce if you ask me. Time to kill is way out of hand . With certain builds you can tank 3 explosives. Sad. AND yes that it sucks people can hide behind cards and tonics . How is shooting someone over 6 times in the head fun? Some people like to have open world gun fights. Now this and Showdown is a joke. I hope R* gives us a card free lobby. 

2 hours ago, lumper said:

I will never understand this.

If you were playing call of duty, then yeah I woudl agree but you are playing RDR2 the main feature that sets this game apart is dead eye!!

Use it!!

it is in the game and you should use it with no guilt or shame.

I hate it when I hear people saying you suck your using cards?

Umm yeah dude this is rdr2? wtf are you doing?

It doesnt make a player a better player because they dont use the cards especially dead eye, it makes them silly and an easy target frankly.

then again,I look at what everyone is using just for fun, and nearly everyone is using a card load out, so dont worry, load up what works best for your play style and rock it hard man!!

I have no problem with using it for PVE I just idk I like to avoid just fighting with other players but when it happens I feel like they pull out dead eye when they are getting smoked

My strategy will be similar - I have to finish the bounty hunter role (currently at 15) first and then I'll be done and will return to doing stuff for Cripps and Madam Nazar because those two roles bring in the cash - I do still collect stuff for her when I come across it and it always gives me a super payout. I never wait until find the entire set for Madam Nazar either, I just collect stuff I find along the way with the metal detector and it makes me TONS of money in the long run. That's what I'll be doing - hunting for Cripps and while I wait for him to have made enough stuff to sell I'll be out and about looking for collectibles.

But in reality I'll just be waiting for R* to introduce new roles and/or develop the trader role further, hehe.

Edited by MrPicard
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:31 AM, MrPicard said:

My strategy will be similar - I have to finish the bounty hunter role (currently at 15) first and then I'll be done and will return to doing stuff for Cripps and Madam Nazar because those two roles bring in the cash - I do still collect stuff for her when I come across it and it always gives me a super payout. I never wait until find the entire set for Madam Nazar either, I just collect stuff I find along the way with the metal detector and it makes me TONS of money in the long run. That's what I'll be doing - hunting for Cripps and while I wait for him to have made enough stuff to sell I'll be out and about looking for collectibles.

But in reality I'll just be waiting for R* to introduce new roles and/or develop the trader role further, hehe.

Your losing money by selling them separately as opposed to sets.

Yesterday I sold every set we have, full, it made me around $4000.00 all at once, and after I did it, I have 4 sets that only need 2 items to sell the whole set again, a few that need 3, and the rest need 4 to 8 items, so those I will just wait til I find more and get them all closer to only needing 2 or 3 items max, then I just take a session and go get those items and then go see her, it is a great way to make $5000.00 a week without putting in too much time.

I currently have 10 of many items and 9 of several others, but I wont sell them alone, Ill just hang on to them til I can complete the set, with the maps that are out now and posts and videos you can find any item anytime you want on any day so it really isnt very hard to complete the sets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumper said:

I agree, finally got a collection together.

Did the math for selling individual pieces to selling the collection.

Lost Jewelry Earrings Collections:
Ursula Citrine Earrings    --------------15.50
Royal Victoiria Diamond Earrings - 17.25
Calumet Turquoise Earrings    ------ 15.75
Orchidee Diamond Earrings    ------ 18.50
Sterling Tooth Earrings    ------------- 15.50
Harford Garnet Earrings    ----------- 16.00
Duchess Emerald Earrings ----------- 15.75
Deauchene Ruby Earrings    --------- 16.50
Endicott Diamond Earrings ---------- 19.25
Josephine Coral Earrings ------------- 16.00
Emaneline Coral Earrings ------------ 16.25

Selling the items individual  = 182.25
Selling the complete collection = 364.50

Selling the collections gives you double the value.

1666190528_LostJewelryEarringsCollection.png.b5b862eda96d683bb04bff458cb10c17.png

9 hours ago, lumper said:

Obviously, yes that's true (Madame Nazar even tells you as much when you sell single items). But you're wasting $ and xp if you hold onto 10 of items since you won't be able to collect any more that you find (could be from looting or collectible map rather than an active search). As with any collectibles, some items are more common than others so I have no problem selling off items I have a lot of as the rarer items will never catch up to make complete collections. On days where the "sell 3 collectibles" challenge comes up you have to do this anyway unless you happen to have a collection completed and ready to sell.

I agree that the maps available online allow you to complete sets fairly easily if you have amassed a lot of collectibles already. However, if you only collect the few that you need each day there will come a point where you have to collect a large number to complete the collections and even with the cheat maps that is not a quick exercise. 

I just don't have the energy and patience to collect entire sets, I can't help it. I'm the type who does a bit of hunting then just pulls out the metal detector for a while and sees what comes up. I'm not the type who runs after specific collectibles, I just grab what I can find and then sell it to Madam Nazar whenever she's in the neighborhood of where I am. I'm way too impatient to be a true collector, lol.

2 hours ago, MrPicard said:

I just don't have the energy and patience to collect entire sets, I can't help it. I'm the type who does a bit of hunting then just pulls out the metal detector for a while and sees what comes up. I'm not the type who runs after specific collectibles, I just grab what I can find and then sell it to Madam Nazar whenever she's in the neighborhood of where I am. I'm way too impatient to be a true collector, lol.

Lol. That is more than I do. I hear you.  I MIGHT do a map once in a while if I am close to a set but, that is about it. I just pick up items that I stumble across or when a posse member tells me that it is literately 5 feet from me. Lol. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:26 AM, MrPicard said:

I get it, what I do is just ignore what I have collected until I am done the daily challenges, bounties and trader stuff, when I look around and think, hmm what now, I look in my satchel and see what I am missing from my collections.

Then I make a list of any category that has all but 3 or less items, then I go get those remaining items for however many collections that applies too that day.

Today I have 6 categories with 3 or less missing, later on I will log back in and all I will do iss get the remaining items, it will net me around 1800$ to get them all and take around 90 minutes.

Then tomorrow when I go on and have new daily challenges to do, I repeat, I go get the challenges done, collecting the whole time, then feed my camp between the daily's, then do my daily challenge bounties, and check my collections, some days I just leave them for a day and do it the next day, I wont bother with it unless I can sell at least 4 full collections.

So each time I go to sell, I have made $200.000 or more, most times it is closer to $4000.00.

To each his own, you can play the game anyway that suits you, and none of it is "wrong" Im just pointing out how I manage to do it to maximize my earnings as fr as collections go.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:43 AM, CosmoKramer said:

Obviously, yes that's true (Madame Nazar even tells you as much when you sell single items). But you're wasting $ and xp if you hold onto 10 of items since you won't be able to collect any more that you find (could be from looting or collectible map rather than an active search). As with any collectibles, some items are more common than others so I have no problem selling off items I have a lot of as the rarer items will never catch up to make complete collections. On days where the "sell 3 collectibles" challenge comes up you have to do this anyway unless you happen to have a collection completed and ready to sell.

I agree that the maps available online allow you to complete sets fairly easily if you have amassed a lot of collectibles already. However, if you only collect the few that you need each day there will come a point where you have to collect a large number to complete the collections and even with the cheat maps that is not a quick exercise. 

You arent "wasting" anything, 

When I get to 10 of an item, if there is a daily challenge to sell her 3 items, I pull them from full collections.

And I dont know if it is just by chance, but I only have 10 of a few things, mostly plants, which are super easy to find, and get anytime you want.

The money you lose by selling less than complete sets more than makes up for the loss you might feel by not being able to pick up an item because you are full.

To be honest long before you have 10 of multiple items, you will be able to sell full sets, and reduce that number,.

Again, do it anyway you want, Im not saying you are wrong.

I was just saying, you can make a LOT more money by not selling items alone, UNLESS you are only selling the 10th item in any given group, but again, you wont, because if you do it my way, you will once a day assess what you have, see that you only need 1, 2 or 3 items to complete a few sets, then go get those items, and sell those sets, so next time you go on, you dont really have 10 of anything, and again, you might have 10 of a few plants, but its fine, you dont go out of your way usually to get those, you find them while hunting and doing other things, at least I do.

Edited by lumper

11 hours ago, lumper said:

You arent "wasting" anything, 

To be honest long before you have 10 of multiple items, you will be able to sell full sets, and reduce that number,.

If you have 10 of something in your satchel and you happen upon another collectible of the same type you won't be able to collect it so you are missing the opportunity for the xp and $ value for that item.

I get that this doesn't matter to you at your level or your method with using the cheat maps but other players may not play that way or be at that level so I felt it was important to point this out. If you find collectibles just through the in-game maps and by chance you will end up with an imbalance of having more of certain items than others (duck & goose eggs are a perfect example of this or the abundance of chocolate daisy & cardinal flowers vs the others). 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, Savage_Reaper said:

Most of the new cards are cheap IMO. Getting into gun fights used to be a game of skill . Now it is a game of who is running Slow and Steady, Fool Me Once, etc. All while pounding tonics. Weak sauce if you ask me. Time to kill is way out of hand . With certain builds you can tank 3 explosives. Sad. AND yes it sucks people can hide behind cards and tonics . How is shooting someone over 6 times in the head fun? Some people like to have open world gun fights. Now this and Showdown is a joke. I hope R* gives us a card free lobby. 

Well, you may or may not have been here back in Beta and then after the Spring update, but for a long time, it was easy to die in this game, and you did it a lot.

For those of us that are in the free roam to hunt, grind, collect, etc.. and not bothering anyone, it is nice to know griefers wont be a problem anymore, we paid our dues, we are happy to have a tank build.

I dont play pvp anymore so I cant speak to that, I suppose in pvp it is a little ridiculous, but in free roam, it was necessary and welcomed.

Maybe they will make it so you have limited options for card load outs in pvp only as opposed to changing the cards again, who knows.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, C20Dragon said:

I agree, finally got a collection together.

Did the math for selling individual pieces to selling the collection.

Lost Jewelry Earrings Collections:
Ursula Citrine Earrings    --------------15.50
Royal Victoiria Diamond Earrings - 17.25
Calumet Turquoise Earrings    ------ 15.75
Orchidee Diamond Earrings    ------ 18.50
Sterling Tooth Earrings    ------------- 15.50
Harford Garnet Earrings    ----------- 16.00
Duchess Emerald Earrings ----------- 15.75
Deauchene Ruby Earrings    --------- 16.50
Endicott Diamond Earrings ---------- 19.25
Josephine Coral Earrings ------------- 16.00
Emaneline Coral Earrings ------------ 16.25

Selling the items individual  = 182.25
Selling the complete collection = 364.50

Selling the collections gives you double the value.

1666190528_LostJewelryEarringsCollection.png.b5b862eda96d683bb04bff458cb10c17.png

I knew it was more but I had no idea it was double!! thats awesome!! good work on doing the math.

This is why I say so what if you have 10 of an item, you are going to more than make up for it.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:24 AM, CosmoKramer said:

If you have 10 of something in your satchel and you happen upon another collectible of the same type you won't be able to collect it so you are missing the opportunity for the xp and $ value for that item.

I get that this doesn't matter to you at your level or your method with using the cheat maps but other players may not play that way or be at that level so I felt it was important to point this out. If you find collectibles just through the in-game maps and by chance you will end up with an imbalance of having more of certain items than others (duck & goose eggs are a perfect example of this or the abundance of chocolate daisy & cardinal flowers vs the others). 

So, above you can see the loss is significant to sell these as individual cards and items, but if that really bothers you, you can also at the end of each session just check your collections, any that have 10 items, go see Madam Nazar and sell 2 items from each full collection so the next time you play you can still pick up any you find, that would eliminate what you are saying about losing anything on them, and still allow you to keep your collections growing so you can sell them as sets.

5 hours ago, lumper said:

So, above you can see the loss is significant to sell these as individual cards and items, but if that really bothers you, you can also at the end of each session just check your collections, any that have 10 items, go see Madam Nazar and sell 2 items from each full collection so the next time you play you can still pick up any you find, that would eliminate what you are saying about losing anything on them, and still allow you to keep your collections growing so you can sell them as sets.

I never said selling items individually wasn’t a loss of income over selling a complete set - that would be ludicrous. Also, selling sets is a massive xp boost. But that takes time and a lot of luck unless you use the cheat maps.

All I was pointing out was that keeping 10 of items can lose you cash and xp because you can’t pick up another if you find one - which is a possibility if using in-game maps or looting people. You seemed to be arguing the strategy of keeping 10 wasn’t losing anything. 

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

All I was pointing out was that keeping 10 of items can lose you cash and xp because you can’t pick up another if you find one - which is a possibility if using in-game maps or looting people. You seemed to be arguing the strategy of keeping 10 wasn’t losing anything. 

Yeah I noticed that too. I only keep no more than three of each item for sets & sell the rest of them.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:51 AM, lumper said:

Well, you may or may not have been here back in Beta and then after the Spring update, but for a long time, it was easy to die in this game, and you did it a lot.

For those of us that are in the free roam to hunt, grind, collect, etc.. and not bothering anyone, it is nice to know griefers wont be a problem anymore, we paid our dues, we are happy to have a tank build.

I dont play pvp anymore so I cant speak to that, I suppose in pvp it is a little ridiculous, but in free roam, it was necessary and welcomed.

Maybe they will make it so you have limited options for card load outs in pvp only as opposed to changing the cards again, who knows.

I knew it was more but I had no idea it was double!! thats awesome!! good work on doing the math.

This is why I say so what if you have 10 of an item, you are going to more than make up for it.

I have been around since week 2 of the beta. So please do not generalize all players. You do not speak for all players , only yourself.  Damn sure not me. I have been grinding this game before you even picked it up or thought about it. So don't act like I'm some Summer Update Noob. I'm almost Lvl 300. It wasn't easy to die if you had basic reading comprehension skills and figured out which cards would benefit you. YOU could choose to be a glass cannon or a DPS machine  or a Defensive Build, etc. I did testing with a friend yesterday with the new cards, and he was able to eat 17 Springfield head shots . This is broken asf. Not going to put the build on here , but it is pretty ridiculous. 

I don't bother anyone , however I don't tuck tail and run either. "Griefers" never were a concern to me . I was always able to hunt, run missions , etc. I just use map awareness and common sense. All the new cards are thrash IMO. It has turned free roam PVP into the Sniper/Tonic/Tank Meta Olympics. No skill involved at all. And Showdown Series is not the same as a open world gun fight. Not even close. I know a lot of people hate gun fighting, I get it. But people like me love getting a text saying someone needs help. I love coming in with a posse and giving these tools a fight. One of the few things I enjoy in the current state of RDO. 

Biggest problem in the beta was people using varmit . Now you have to deal with people in Defensive shooting you with dynamite arrows. So changes may be welcomed for you but please do not act like you are the voice of the player base. I log on this game almost daily and do what I want without acting like a scared little rabbit or fear of some gun happy lvl 25. I have yet to have an experience in all the "dues" I have paid to take my ball and go home or pop Defensive. And this is coming from a player who wants to be left alone but has no problem reinforcing this point. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

Just a reminder....  Let's remember to keep thing civil folks.

@lumper, I've been playing RDO since the launch of the beta. While I'll agree griefing was more of a problem back in those days since we didn't have the tools we do now to help mitigate the problem, it was far from the same nasty experience for everyone. 

In my case I did have some problems with trolls but nowhere near on the level you did apparently. That's not to say you didn't have a lot of problems but not everyone did. .....and a lot of that was due in no small part to how I and my friends reacted to threats/randoms, how and where we logged in, using the RDO app, how we approached or decided which towns were safe, etc.  

.....this was way before the proximity blips or any of that was even introduced.  We all had many discussions on the topic of "griefers" and we all went over a lot of the tips, etc. to try and help those struggling.

.....that's just my two cents though.

• Thanks 1