Free Money Bonus?

EjectedCasings

2 hours ago, EjectedCasings said:

Logged in today and no cash reward for it. Was wondering if this is just Rockstar being slow, a bug, or something else. Do we get them at the end of the week? Or do we get them now?

-Cheers

I received the $200 after about 24 hours, the poncho I got almost immediately however. It does pop up a notice when you get it standard to R*

16 hours ago, EjectedCasings said:

Logged in today and no cash reward for it. Was wondering if this is just Rockstar being slow, a bug, or something else. Do we get them at the end of the week? Or do we get them now?

-Cheers

It's random. BUT, if the week goes by, and you still haven't gotten either one, submit a ticket. R*'s pretty good about getting you what you're supposed to have.

I got the popup message yesterday but I don't think I got the cash. When I looked at what money I had I was sure that was the figure I had the day before. Also when I lost my horse I had to pay the fees as it said I didn't have insurance - I'm sure I bought insurance with the horse as I'd just previously forgotten to get it with the Bounty Wagon and had to pay out on that when it crashed. Been losing cash hand over fist this week, good thing its easier to make now.

1 hour ago, SimonTemplar said:

I got $200 last night out of the blue (although no poncho) - I'm clearly missing something, but with apologies for being slow, why did we get the money?

Just for playing. It's just a promotion to entice people to play. To get the poncho, you have to participate in a role based free roam event.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 2

GTAO has one where you get $1,000,000 just for logging into the game right now.

They have these all the time and I suspect they'll continue to do the same with RDO.  It's a great way to get people to jump into the game that are otherwise inactive.  .....and a nice bonus for those who play regularly too.  Same with the payout bonuses, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

Just for playing. It's just a promotion to entice people to play. To get the poncho, you have to participate in a role based free roam event.

Thank you very much.  Sorry for being dim, but what is a role based free roam event?  I have done supply missions and have posse'd up for the legendary bounties, do those count?  Or am I missing something?  I might be too low-ranked - Collector/4, bounty hunter/9 and trader/14.

Thank you again & sorry to use you as a RDR helpdesk.  If I see anyone griefing you in game I'll be sure to run them off.

15 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

GTAO has one where you get $1,000,000 just for logging into the game right now.

They have these all the time and I suspect they'll continue to do the same with RDO.  It's a great way to get people to jump into the game that are otherwise inactive.  .....and a nice bonus for those who play regularly too.  Same with the payout bonuses, etc.

Quite, particularly as just as I do in Elite Dangerous I always seem to run at almost zero funds, despite having grossed thousands.  Just love a bit of retail therapy and can't stop customising weapons!

13 minutes ago, SimonTemplar said:

Thank you very much.  Sorry for being dim, but what is a role based free roam event?  I have done supply missions and have posse'd up for the legendary bounties, do those count?  Or am I missing something?  I might be too low-ranked - Collector/4, bounty hunter/9 and trader/14.

Thank you again & sorry to use you as a RDR helpdesk.  If I see anyone griefing you in game I'll be sure to run them off.

Role based would be any of the events having to do with one of the 3 new roles.  .....Trader, Collector or Bounty Hunter.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SimonTemplar said:

Sorry, those don't  count. You know those event invitations that pop up on your screen from time to time like "Lake Fishing Challenge" or "Fool's Gold" that you can accept or ignore? To get the poncho you have to accept and complete one of the role specific ones. The collector has the new condor egg hunt one and salvage, bounty hunter has "Day of Reckoning" and one other that I can't  think of the name of right now and trader has one that I also can't think of the name of. You have to be at least level 4 in a role to receive the free roam event invitations related to it.

Edit: the other bounty hunter event is called Manhunt and the trader event is called trade route

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Sorry, those don't  count. You know those event invitations that pop up on your screen from time to time like "Lake Fishing Challenge" or "Fool's Gold" that you can accept or ignore? To get the poncho you have to accept and complete one of the role specific ones. The collector has the new condor egg hunt one and salvage, bounty hunter has "Day of Reckoning" and one other that I can't  think of the name of right now and trader has one that I also can't think of the name of. You have to be at least level 4 in a role to receive the free roam event invitations related to it.

Thank you - I have qualified for all three but haven't participated in one, didn't realise that they came up in that top left free roam event box.  I thought it was going to be something to do with the old chap who keeps turning up in my camp cadging free meals!  Thank you so much, will say yes tonight.

7 minutes ago, SimonTemplar said:

Thank you - I have qualified for all three but haven't participated in one, didn't realise that they came up in that top left free roam event box.  I thought it was going to be something to do with the old chap who keeps turning up in my camp cadging free meals!  Thank you so much, will say yes tonight.

https://www.richardwestenra.com/rdr2-free-roam-event-schedule/

I don't  know if is legit or not, but I found this site which is tracking the free roam event release schedule in real time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1