Will online PC be any different from online console?

gsamson24

I have not played the game on console but I have seen the game being played online via streams as well as a let's play way back when the game came out. 

I am just curious if there will be any differences. I remember a buddy of mine mentioning some differences between GTA V on PC vs console. This was awhile back so I can't remember what the differences were. I know this is probably a stupid question but I figured I would ask. Sometimes games have slight differences when they get put on PC. 

The only new details I have seen was the following they ust announced today regarding system requirements, some additions to PC, etc.:

I'll wager we hear much more in the coming days / weeks before release though.  I'll be posting anything coming over the R* Newswire in this forum when available.

• Like 1

Yeah I was looking over the specs there. Might have to turn down some settings. I am planning to do a PC upgrade closer to December. I know I need a new power supply for sure so it would be best to update a few other things to be on par with newer games. I'll keep an eye out for updates myself on PC online. You are probably right with them releasing more information over the next few weeks.

Considering the graphics, the minimum surprised me. 

GTA V didn't change much when they ported it to PC but they did allow mods. Assuming they follow suit, I would expect them to allow mods on RDR2 as well which will be tons of fun. That would be a big difference right there.

You can compare the differences in GTA V (and other GTA titles) here if you want: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Console_and_PC_Differences

3 hours ago, gsamson24 said:

I have not played the game on console but I have seen the game being played online via streams as well as a let's play way back when the game came out. 

I am just curious if there will be any differences. I remember a buddy of mine mentioning some differences between GTA V on PC vs console. This was awhile back so I can't remember what the differences were. I know this is probably a stupid question but I figured I would ask. Sometimes games have slight differences when they get put on PC. 

Yes, especially depending on what version you buy.

I read that they have added missions and bounties I think that we did not get in rdr2 story mode on console.

Not to mention the possibility for mods to both the online and story mode will most likely have an impact and will be slightly different than what we all experienced on either ps4 or xbox 1.

They did an article recently about the pc release and I think it was in that article I read that, I cant quite remember, but if you search and read up on everything that was released in the past 2 weeks, you will find it.

I for one wont be playing it on pc, But I wish I could.

I used to build gaming rig pc's, it was a hobby of mine that I loved!!

I built myself 5 or 6 over the years, every two years I built a new one, new motherboard, chipset, memory, etc.. I woudl start with a crazy platform I knew would perform top of the line for that time, and then go, almost every single one I built cost me in parts alone, $2500, then my time to not only assemble it but then load it, optimize it then overclock it, I used to score in the top 1% of 3dmark back in the day, back then I was called Lumperthegreat, I once helped a kid in Sweden hot flash his bios chip over the net, lol I was super into it and was very capable.

But my life has changed in many ways over the past 10 years, I hurt my back working, had 2 surgeries etc.. and was never the same physically so I no longer do that work, the work I did was masonry, I owned and operated my own restoration company and made really good money for me, usually around $2500 a week and this was from 2000 til 2008.

So to build a $2500 pc was nothing to me, I often woudl buy 2 motherboards when doing a build so I coudl do some extreme things, like the pencil trick and hot flashing bios chips, etc..

My point is I cant afford to build one these days.

I wont play it on pc unless I can build a pc that can run the game at the highest res and no lag or slowdowns, if that is even possible with todays tech, I think you can do it, but it would cost.

For me the only reason to do it was to have an experience you simply could not have on a console, and for years, I did.

When the xbox one x came out, I was imrpessed and realized, this is really good, especially for a $450 console, yeah my pc build would be better, but woudl also cost likely 5X as much, so unless I can get 2X as good for 5X the money it just isnt worth it to me.

If I could afford I woudl love to build a nasty gamer just for rdr2, but alas it isnt in the cards.

What I can tell you is if you do plan to buy this game on pc, you most likely will need at the very least, a solid cooling system, a great video card, a fast and large hard drive, and a super power supply, plus chipset with the correct drivers to make it all work well.

Yes you can play the game on far less, but I dont know why you would want too, this game is so beautifull that the only way to see it is in all its glory and that would mean 60 fps or higher at all times on 4k, makes me drool just thinking about it.

But if you dont have the money to upgrade your gaming rig and you cant afford to build a new one, you can still grab either console for under $500 and they way they optimized the game to run on these it is really nice!! 

It isnt perfect and yes there are frame rate drops way under 30 at times, but that is to be expected for $450 with a game as detailed as this one.

If you try to run this game on your old pc or an older gamer good luck, you will most likely tax it to its limits and likely burn parts, like I said you will need a killer psu and solid platform then really good cooling to keep it from frying your chips.

I am jealous of the folks who will be able to do it, it is a niche group, like 1% of gamers go to that extreme, but once you see a game like this in all its glory and you cant do anything to make it lag, there really just isnt anything like that in the gaming world.

The best part if you do have one or get one or build one, is pc games ALWAYS have benefits you can not get on consoles, modifications, extra content, higher graphics settings, etc..

For me, maybe in 5 years when pc parts have evolved again a few times and todays tech drops in price, what woudl cost $2500 today will cost around $800 and at that point I might, maybe build one just for this game, but who knows what will happen in 5 years time, so all I can do is day dream about it for now.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 2

As far as function goes, I am not sure what they will change but I would imagine the graphics will be adjusted a bit and there will be exclusive content for PC by release if not, down the road some time. They need to get people to consider buying the same game again so it is worth having some changes being made to encourage this be it via free (or paid) custom DLC, graphics updates, special missions, and so on. 

On 10/9/2019 at 6:53 PM, lumper said:

Yes, especially depending on what version you buy.

I read that they have added missions and bounties I think that we did not get in rdr2 story mode on console.

Not to mention the possibility for mods to both the online and story mode will most likely have an impact and will be slightly different than what we all experienced on either ps4 or xbox 1.

They did an article recently about the pc release and I think it was in that article I read that, I cant quite remember, but if you search and read up on everything that was released in the past 2 weeks, you will find it.

I for one wont be playing it on pc, But I wish I could.

I used to build gaming rig pc's, it was a hobby of mine that I loved!!

I built myself 5 or 6 over the years, every two years I built a new one, new motherboard, chipset, memory, etc.. I woudl start with a crazy platform I knew would perform top of the line for that time, and then go, almost every single one I built cost me in parts alone, $2500, then my time to not only assemble it but then load it, optimize it then overclock it, I used to score in the top 1% of 3dmark back in the day, back then I was called Lumperthegreat, I once helped a kid in Sweden hot flash his bios chip over the net, lol I was super into it and was very capable.

But my life has changed in many ways over the past 10 years, I hurt my back working, had 2 surgeries etc.. and was never the same physically so I no longer do that work, the work I did was masonry, I owned and operated my own restoration company and made really good money for me, usually around $2500 a week and this was from 2000 til 2008.

So to build a $2500 pc was nothing to me, I often woudl buy 2 motherboards when doing a build so I coudl do some extreme things, like the pencil trick and hot flashing bios chips, etc..

My point is I cant afford to build one these days.

I wont play it on pc unless I can build a pc that can run the game at the highest res and no lag or slowdowns, if that is even possible with todays tech, I think you can do it, but it would cost.

For me the only reason to do it was to have an experience you simply could not have on a console, and for years, I did.

When the xbox one x came out, I was imrpessed and realized, this is really good, especially for a $450 console, yeah my pc build would be better, but woudl also cost likely 5X as much, so unless I can get 2X as good for 5X the money it just isnt worth it to me.

If I could afford I woudl love to build a nasty gamer just for rdr2, but alas it isnt in the cards.

What I can tell you is if you do plan to buy this game on pc, you most likely will need at the very least, a solid cooling system, a great video card, a fast and large hard drive, and a super power supply, plus chipset with the correct drivers to make it all work well.

Yes you can play the game on far less, but I dont know why you would want too, this game is so beautifull that the only way to see it is in all its glory and that would mean 60 fps or higher at all times on 4k, makes me drool just thinking about it.

But if you dont have the money to upgrade your gaming rig and you cant afford to build a new one, you can still grab either console for under $500 and they way they optimized the game to run on these it is really nice!! 

It isnt perfect and yes there are frame rate drops way under 30 at times, but that is to be expected for $450 with a game as detailed as this one.

If you try to run this game on your old pc or an older gamer good luck, you will most likely tax it to its limits and likely burn parts, like I said you will need a killer psu and solid platform then really good cooling to keep it from frying your chips.

I am jealous of the folks who will be able to do it, it is a niche group, like 1% of gamers go to that extreme, but once you see a game like this in all its glory and you cant do anything to make it lag, there really just isnt anything like that in the gaming world.

The best part if you do have one or get one or build one, is pc games ALWAYS have benefits you can not get on consoles, modifications, extra content, higher graphics settings, etc..

For me, maybe in 5 years when pc parts have evolved again a few times and todays tech drops in price, what woudl cost $2500 today will cost around $800 and at that point I might, maybe build one just for this game, but who knows what will happen in 5 years time, so all I can do is day dream about it for now.

I didn't even consider this. I know my PC will handle the game but I will not be able to play the game itself maxed out. Kind of makes me want to wait. I don't know. I do intend on doing some upgrades but nothing major. I just upgraded my PC last year and I already feel like I fell behind with it.