Transfer system for Console to PC?

xsugarskull

In GTA V, they allowed players to transfer their player from console to PC fairly easy. I am just wondering if this will be an option for RDR2.

It isn't a deal breaker for me but it would be nice to be able to do this considered I spent a few months playing online earning some stuff. 

I haven't seen any information on this but it is too soon for them to talk about I think. Didn't GTA V allow this after the PC release? I could be wrong but I could have sworn they made this a thing later on. Either way, it would be a smart move to encourage people who bought the game on console to carry on playing on PC without losing any progress. 

1 hour ago, KylesDad7 said:

GTAO for consoles and PC are their own worlds. You can't transfer between the two, so I doubt it will allowed for RDO.

There is (or was) literally a "Character Transfer" option in the Online menu in GTAV that allows you to do just that through the R* Social Club.  ....at least they did.  I honestly don't recall if that option is still available though as I do remember hearing info they were going to be cutting it off at some point. 

2 hours ago, KylesDad7 said:

GTAO for consoles and PC are their own worlds. You can't transfer between the two, so I doubt it will allowed for RDO.

When GtaO came out for the p.c. R* allowed players to transfer their account. You could transfer from Xbox 360 to p.c. Or from Xbox 360 to Xbox one or Xbox one to p.c.

I transferred from 360 to p.c. Since I didn’t have Xbox one let.

R* at some point stop allowing us to transfer. I wanted to transfer back to console, once I realized how infested GtaO was with cheaters.

EDIT: looks like  Kean just beat me to the punch.

Edited by C20Dragon
Lol

That would be a game changer,  but seeing how we dont have cross platform play at this point, I dont know if that is in the cards or not, but if it were I would think it would be used by a LOT of players.

I know if I had a gaming rig I woudl at least try it.

12 hours ago, lumper said:

That would be a game changer,  but seeing how we dont have cross platform play at this point, I dont know if that is in the cards or not, but if it were I would think it would be used by a LOT of players.

I know if I had a gaming rig I woudl at least try it.

I don't remember crossover play being an option for GTA V online either but they still had this as an option. 

I don't know how many people actually play both. It seems like most people are either PC players or Console players. Some do both but it has to be a much smaller number.