Random pelts on the map bug or intent of the game? (Possible Spoilers)

crh2018

Hi all,

The description is in the spoiler box out of courtesy and uncertainty because this scenario's a little gray to tell.

Spoiler

I was curious because as I was finding my camp in the Heartlands while in the pause menu, which was at the beach and it turns out there's at least a few pelts not much further down the shore of Flat Iron Lake by the Fisherman's house.

The weird part about this was the fact I was in Tumbleweed before fast traveling to my camp

Is there any purpose of this or this just another or recurring bug before I started playing RDO?

Edited by crh2018

Not sure if it’s a bug or what. I saw the same things. but in my experience another player was hunting near me. Saw the player kill & skin the elk and left the pelt laying there. The pelt show up on the map. The player left, so I went over there and I was able to pick up the pelt. I left the pelt since it was poor. This happened in Roanoke. I made my way to Valentine, open up the map & still saw the pelt in Roanoke.

Sometimes when i hunt i leave the poor quality pelts on the ground bcoz i dont want to waste time packing them on my horse while on timed mission etc. i only take the pristine ones and leave. Maybe that is what you came across. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837

Approach with caution. I recently saw a pelt just lying around on the ground and slowly rode towards it (I knew this was too good to be true but I wanted to see what happened) and immediately some player rode up to me and shot my horse so that I fell off, and then he tried to shoot me. I had changed sessions by then already tho, so joke was on him, but yeah. Be cautious.

• Like 1

Sometimes there's a glitch where a player skins an animal and the pelt duplicates for whoever is within a certain vicinity. The player who skinned the animal can't see the extra pelt dropped, or other players interacting with it.

For the nearby players though, feel free to snag those pelts because they usually end up 3 stars no matter what the parent pelt was. I've only seen this work on smaller rollable pelts, not large pelts.

In this case, I'd go with pelts a player simply left behind for whatever reason.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:15 PM, crh2018 said:

Hi all,

The description is in the spoiler box out of courtesy and uncertainty because this scenario's a little gray to tell.

Hide contents

I was curious because as I was finding my camp in the Heartlands while in the pause menu, which was at the beach and it turns out there's at least a few pelts not much further down the shore of Flat Iron Lake by the Fisherman's house.

The weird part about this was the fact I was in Tumbleweed before fast traveling to my camp

Is there any purpose of this or this just another or recurring bug before I started playing RDO?

Im glad someone brought this up, I too found this two days in a row, I went over there nad found one large pelt, like an elk or something, and the rest were not really there although it looked like it on the map.

I cant imagine what it means or how they got there.

2 hours ago, lumper said:

Im glad someone brought this up, I too found this two days in a row, I went over there nad found one large pelt, like an elk or something, and the rest were not really there although it looked like it on the map.

I cant imagine what it means or how they got there.

Glad I'm not the only one wondering about this.  All the others mentioned on this thread happens a lot too, but this particular scenario is confusing because I could spawn in Tumbleweed and those pelts symbols would still pop up in that exact spot, which is nowhere near Tumbleweed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crh2018 said:

Glad I'm not the only one wondering about this.  All the others mentioned on this thread happens a lot too, but this particular scenario is confusing because I could spawn in Tumbleweed and those pelts symbols would still pop up in that exact spot, which is nowhere near Tumbleweed.

Exactly, I spawned in Van Horn, fast traveled to Tumbleweed, then while looking for MAdam Nazar on the map saw them, so I went there while collecting in Rhodes to see what was up, I was in a solo lobby for over 8 hours when I saw them.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 8:06 PM, MrPicard said:

Approach with caution. I recently saw a pelt just lying around on the ground and slowly rode towards it (I knew this was too good to be true but I wanted to see what happened) and immediately some player rode up to me and shot my horse so that I fell off, and then he tried to shoot me. 

Daamn thats good, why didnt i think about it........

On 10/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, DNMNetTech said:

Gotta watch those rode side attractions. Someone could have dynamite packed around the pelt with a sniper fixed on it. What a blast eh? 

Even better xD      need to craft some unstable dyna today  

• Like 1