How's it goin?

SaulGoodMan

So I found this forum awhile back. I wasn't sure if I was going to play RDR2 on console or not. I ended up only playing the game online on my brother's PS4. I wanted to wait and see if it would drop for PC and it has. So in an attempt to avoid as many spoilers as I could, I refrained from joining any places like this. Since the game is coming out in just a few days, I thought it would be safe to join now. I am hoping to find some others who play on PC as well to start up a gang. 

45 minutes ago, SaulGoodMan said:

Thanks man, glad to be here. The forum functions great. Everything is super fast too. Beats the heck out of that gta forum I was on a few years back. 

It's a good community and good atmosphere too. Glad you like it and I look forward to seeing you around.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, MrPicard said:

Hi Saul (a fellow Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul fan?) :) - welcome to the forums! Have fun with the PC version of RDRII!

For sure man! Loved Breaking Bad, Saul was my favorite character in the series so when I caught wind of the spin-off, I was hyyyyped! Been watching it since it came out. Not sure how many seasons they are doing but loved it thus far.

17 hours ago, SaulGoodMan said:

For sure man! Loved Breaking Bad, Saul was my favorite character in the series so when I caught wind of the spin-off, I was hyyyyped! Been watching it since it came out. Not sure how many seasons they are doing but loved it thus far.

I think they've named a finite number of seasons but I can't remember what that was... but the show has to come to an end sooner rather than later because it's starting to line up with Breaking Bad more and more, hehe. I wasn't sold on the idea of a Saul spin-off at first (I would have preferred a Gus Fring spin-off, he was one of my faves) but the first season turned out to be so good that I was hooked. It's really a quirky and well-written show, and they absolutely do the character justice.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, MrPicard said:

I think they've named a finite number of seasons but I can't remember what that was... but the show has to come to an end sooner rather than later because it's starting to line up with Breaking Bad more and more, hehe. I wasn't sold on the idea of a Saul spin-off at first (I would have preferred a Gus Fring spin-off, he was one of my faves) but the first season turned out to be so good that I was hooked. It's really a quirky and well-written show, and they absolutely do the character justice.

You have to be happy he is at least part of the series. I am not sure how a focused series would have went being around him. I do like that Mike is in this as well, he was my second favorite on the show. I think Gus would have to be my third. The way they show the black and white clips implies we will see what happens to him after he goes into hiding. I am not sure how much they will show of him working around the time of Breaking Bad but they will have to make connective points in there somewhere. 

Did you watch the Netflix movie they did? El Camino? 

8 hours ago, SaulGoodMan said:

Did you watch the Netflix movie they did? El Camino? 

Yeah, I watched it a few days ago. I'm still not sure what to think. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't really... necessary, I guess? I did love the flashback scenes tho. Catered very much to my BB nostalgia, heh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 6:54 AM, MrPicard said:

Yeah, I watched it a few days ago. I'm still not sure what to think. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't really... necessary, I guess? I did love the flashback scenes tho. Catered very much to my BB nostalgia, heh.

A lot of people felt it was more fan service than anything. I mean for what it was, I liked it. I would have rather they done a mini series and extended it a bit but beggars can't be choosers. 

• Like 1