how many gang members?

harry747

You can clear the gang hideouts, which will reduce the number of ambushes, but you'll never completely wipe them out.  Shady Belle will keep getting a gang respawned, so you can go back there every time you want a nice shootout.

On 11/15/2019 at 7:31 PM, CrabApples said:

Yeah they re-spawn endlessly. Depending on your location, this can be a pain in the rear but as Foxtrot mentioned, you can decrease their numbers by a decent margin by simply taking out the gang hideouts. 

I took out a number of hideouts and still was being flooded with gang issues. This was in the earlier days of RDR2 so it might have been fixed now but I remember sending them a complaint over it because it didn't make sense to me.

On 11/17/2019 at 10:39 PM, Parzival said:

Honestly, the end game becomes kind of boring when all the gang ambushes are over with and you're left with mostly just camps and hideouts. I wish there were more ambush points and random ambushes that would continually respawn.

Yeah same. They should have kept something that would keep it interesting. I didn't expect post game to keep me playing or interested for several months but I think it would have been more enjoyable to have some more conflict when finishing up things I have missed/skipped. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:59 PM, Anc1entC0re said:

I took out a number of hideouts and still was being flooded with gang issues. This was in the earlier days of RDR2 so it might have been fixed now but I remember sending them a complaint over it because it didn't make sense to me.

I never noticed there being little change after clearing out the hideout. I mean for me, it was noticeably different. You gotta figure you killed most their men so they just aren't going to show up like before until the numbers go back up.