Beware lame reward cards...

Darconios

To emphasize its value.. this pass gives gold and RDO rewards in voucher formats... little tickets.. most of which are useless...

I can see having too many of these vouchers as being a problem... I've been trying to use them up as I get them.. 

I had a bunch that reverse d my honor and I used them all at the same time.. honer up speech.. honor down speech.. honor up speech.. honor down speech.... and it left my honor on low end.... yuck.

Gun upgrade cards might be useful if I didn't already own all the weapons I want... I suppose I could buy a pump action shotgun but my automatic is just as good.

But I cant delete t .. hopefulky someday soon...

Another useless card is I have a few that allow me to unlock any ability crads.. for free... but I dont have any ability cards left to unlock or level.   I have every ability card ranked up.... so the vouchers are useless until they add more ability cards.. and even then it will only save me $50 rdo....

The reason i try to use mine up is because it seems like your slot can only hold so many and then you cant scroll down... so it could get filled with crap and then your s.o.l.

I'm sure they will fix this in time... (they fixed dog in hobo camp glitch so I can use that theme again.. damn dog hung hmself up by his "family jewels" at night).

and all of these "50% offers".... just tell me how to delete them all....  I bought a cheap $9 vest just to get rid of a voucher... ugg... and a cheap shirt...  These things are horrid...

To this day they still have yet to reward long time players. The only compensation I guess is having a large nest egg to buy any role updates as they come instead of having to grind the $$$ out. Rather good point about using the vouchers up. I'm sure I missed quite a bit of R* box promotions before I realized you can only hold 99 slots. To the ney-sayers each R* promotion was more or less an extra slot not added to existing same promotions from what I could see. I do like that you can see the vouchers this time around. Before I had no idea what my "Mystery Voucher" was, or even how many free fast travels I had to use. Still enjoying the game tho even if some days I hop on just to keep the gold streak up.

What platform are you on? I have no issue scrolling through the tickets on PS4 via the Benefits page. I had loads of them before I even realised you had to redeem some of them (gold & $ was just gifted to your account with the 1st Outlaw pass), and I'm already level 100 so have unlocked them all.

I was surprised that this new mechanic didn't give the option to redeem certain vouchers like fast travel when you want - that was a bugbear I had from the 1st Outlaw pass - I want to choose when to use free travel not just use a ticket every time for as long as I have the vouchers. And I'd have chosen not to use the free mash supply token at all given that it seems to **** up the whole moonshine operation.

I don't have a problem with the nature of any of the offers though - sure the ability card ones are no value to me and some of the clothing ones I'll never redeem but they were all gifted through just playing the game and different people will place different value on the rewards.

• Like 1

Some like the "Ability Card" unlocks are just stupid.   If I had any ability cards left to unlock then maybe I could use a few of them but as it is I cannot even delete them.

I used all the ones I can... and wish I could delete many...

I honestly could likely figure out how to grow my honor or lose it without vouchers.. and using them all up left me with low end honor...

I could not scroll down past a certain level... (im only level 81 in outlaw pass atm).

So I am currently miffed that we cannot delete them but Im sure that will change someday and I only have 19 levels of "rewards" left.

I have other cards I would never use also.... just wish I could discard them.

Edited by Darconios

Pretty sure the whole Outlaw Pass concept is aimed squarely at casual players - relatively high gold buy in to encourage micro-transactions from said player base, and a bunch of rewards that encourage more engagement with the game - unlocking ability cards, discounts on cosmetic purchases etc. All these things are more useful to that type of player than everyday players.

Although I have never used Old Man Jones in my whole time of playing RDO I did use an honour switching token the other day to unlock a story mission so I could play it with a friend. I could have gone on a rampage but that would have taken some time and if I want my honour high again, with no animals around, I can see me using another token for that. I still have a couple of stable stalls to unlock so I'll get use out of those tokens.

I agree with you that you should have an option to discard them.

no ofense but you really posted this? look if u are too high level for the tickets , your probably too high level for anything else , at 1 point u stop upgrade at level 100,  i have 72000 $  and 482gold ( bought 0 )  and u dont see me crying on things that i would really enjoy to have at a lower level , with the pass u can get exclusive outfits , horse , collectibles , and yes discount as tickets , u stillg et ur 40gold back in my opinion it all free , so be grateful instead of making this kind of useless thread 

@ Pluck3,

Are you sure you are talking about the lame coupons we are getting or are you off on something else?

YOU SOUND LIKE I'M AGAINST OUTLAW PASS... Which would make you... um...WRONG!

I'm speaking of the useless coupons that cannot be deleted.

How does a card that grants you reverse honor helpful to anyone... I mean.. sure.. maybe if a new player is too lame to learn how to lose honor by shooting a few NPC's then fine.. but 4 of those things... Which you CANNOT DELETE.

Example: I have a coupon to unlock 1 free ability card.    I actually have a few of them... How stupid are these if you have all the ability cards unlocked... and they only have a $50 value.  YOU CANNOT DELETE THEM.

You can only carry so many.... yet you cannot stop rockstar from sending them... and you cannot delete them... That cannot work for very long.. ITS BUGGED.. PERIOD!

IF YOU CANNOT RECOGNIZE THAT THE INABILITY TO DELETE THESE COUPONS IS DAFT... OR BUGGED... Then I truly could care less about your uninformed opinion.

You will see Rockstar will one day allow us to delete these lame coupons... I'm sure of it.  Then you can call their idea useless.

Maybe a programmer from there will realize by reading a thread in a place like this.

What does your amount of gold or RDO have to do with anything?   I have all the best game assets after dropping $800 on the navy Revolvers.    This thread is about USELESS REWARD COUPONS... and yes.. if you need to use one.. then fine.. but many are totally pointless even to new players.....

Soooo... Youre saying that every time I play for the next 10 years... I have to scroll; past my "unlock ability for free" coupons. simply because Rockstar wont allow us to delete them.. how stupid would that be?   That said I imagine before a year is up they will add more ability cards.... so maybe I can use them eventually...

But is there a limit... Can you only hold 99 useless cards and then you are full... what then?   You cant use them/..... or delete them....

USE YOUR BRAIN.... THINK.... Then comment.

Not allowing us to delete the cards WE deem as useless.. is bugged.... Its a bug.. no way around it...

Edited by Darconios

well, I’ve been using them up here and there. Maybe one day if I ever reach the mystery upper limit I’ll complain,  but honestly I don’t mind the free fast travel when I’m in a hurry. Or the free gun component I didn’t realize I had until I got into the navy revolvers.... if more story missions come out that are honour dependant I’m sure I’ll appreciate not having to waste an hour shooting up towns... though there are ones I don’t ever see a need for and I’d slate for deletion if space ever does become an issue. I’m just not sure it’s worth complaining about at this point.

They come from looting NPC's also so it depends on your gameplay how quickly you will fill up.

Not that youre willing to complain for yourself yet... Those affected by space and useless  coupons might be more upset.

It does not appear to be a limit on how many you can pick up.. just on how many you can carry.. so it could be a problem... too soon to know.   I was full of them.  I had to use some up.

Maybe they gave us the honor ones because they were removing animals from the game.. harder to get/maintain high honor without hunting.

Edited by Darconios

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind folks to keep the exchanges civil.  I can understand some folks might be frustrated by some aspects of the game, have different opinions, etc., but let's not take it out on each other.  Its just a game after all.

@Darconios I gave you an example of how an honour token could be useful to a player - it’s a timesaver, even at rank 280.

I don’t place much value on a lot of aspects of the game that R* focus on, for instance I couldn’t care less about cosmetics like clothing items but some players place a high value on such customisation and R* have a broad player base spectrum to satisfy so I say fair enough. 

Your frustration mostly seems borne out of the fact you have a limit to the number of rewards you can hold, which I can understand, but that is a bug as I don’t see that issue in my game. 

Edited by CosmoKramer

On 12/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, llp said:

To this day they still have yet to reward long time players. The only compensation I guess is having a large nest egg to buy any role updates as they come instead of having to grind the $$$ out. Rather good point about using the vouchers up. I'm sure I missed quite a bit of R* box promotions before I realized you can only hold 99 slots. To the ney-sayers each R* promotion was more or less an extra slot not added to existing same promotions from what I could see. I do like that you can see the vouchers this time around. Before I had no idea what my "Mystery Voucher" was, or even how many free fast travels I had to use. Still enjoying the game tho even if some days I hop on just to keep the gold streak up.

This is my thinking as well.

I have been around for a while, and I am at level 335 or something, there is never anything to reward high level players.

all these rewards are useless if you already purchased everything in the game, discounts on coats and vests? wtf is that?

I get that they are focusing on new players and making it attractive for new players to get into the game and not feel overwhelmed because there are players at over level 100 all over the map, but still we should be given things that you can not get until you hit level 100 so we have some kind of bragging rights, something others can only aspire to get too while we get to parade around with them as a reward to our commitment to this game.

Even cosmetic items like special bandoleers that have tiers, 1, 2, and 3, each holds more ammo than the others and all carry more ammo than a player who hasnt gotten one yet,  or outfits, maybe a special horse at every 100th level, so 100, 200, 300, 400,, etc.. and the only way to get it is to hit that milestone,  just something for the high level players only.

This would serve to encourage players to grind, no other way to get these benefits, and same with rewards, if you offer a discount for a hunting wagon, and I bought one 80 levels ago, then give me a rebate, if you offer 50% off, then send me 50% of what I paid for it, why should I miss out on the savings because I worked harder and played longer than others?

Anyway I do think they should acknowledge us in some way, Im tired of earning rewards I cant use.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, lumper said:

but still we should be given things that you can not get until you hit level 100 so we have some kind of bragging rights, something others can only aspire to get too while we get to parade around with them as a reward to our commitment to this game.

If I was R* this is exactly the sort of player I’d want to de-incentivise from playing the game (assuming, like R* have, I’d screwed up the economy and was no longer making money from them).

i don’t remember you complaining too much when you were reaping the benefits of R* lowering the rank requirements for a multitude of items like explosive ammo earlier this year.