I'm not sure exactly what happened here but I was on my way back to camp to return some supplies I had just picked up. I passed by two players that you can see on my mini map as red blips. They were not red when I passed them earlier. While I was making my way up the winding trail I was hit by an explosion of some sort and there was some weird effect and I was thrown off my horse. My horse initially survived the blast but was sniped by one of the two players I passed. I tried to get to my horse but for whatever reason my controls weren't working. I tried using my keyboard to control my character but there was some sort of weird stutter stepping my character was doing. I tried to make my way over to my horse but it wouldn't let me attempt to revive it even though it was still alive at that point. Was this a glitch or was I the victim of some sort of cheat?

1 hour ago, Ratly said:

I'm not sure exactly what happened here but I was on my way back to camp to return some supplies I had just picked up. I passed by two players that you can see on my mini map as red blips. They were not red when I passed them earlier. While I was making my way up the winding trail I was hit by an explosion of some sort and there was some weird effect and I was thrown off my horse. My horse initially survived the blast but was sniped by one of the two players I passed. I tried to get to my horse but for whatever reason my controls weren't working. I tried using my keyboard to control my character but there was some sort of weird stutter stepping my character was doing. I tried to make my way over to my horse but it wouldn't let me attempt to revive it even though it was still alive at that point. Was this a glitch or was I the victim of some sort of cheat?

Do you play on PC? If so you might encounter cheaters in game on much bigger scale than on console versions. 

I believe the explosion you encountered is expolding ammo (you gert that on lvl 100) but i cant be wrong bcoz you recorded only the part when you cant pick up the supplies.     I belive it happened to me once when i was in a gunfight with a posse while playing. I managed to kill them all and when i wanted to pick the bag up and flee with it before they come onto me again i couldnt pick it up from the ground. Other than that i dont know. I dont play on PC. 

4 hours ago, Ratly said:

Did you report these players for cheating/glitching to R* directly? It really helps! 

I also have been shot several times by low lvl players. Tried to shoot them with explosives: "no result (Unreachable)". They had NO ability cards other then cat. I.

I was really pissed off and always report them as Cheater when it happens.  So, your not alone in this🤠👍

Sometimes when you are shot at you find that you can not move or initiate some things for a few seconds, it might have been that preventing you from picking up the supplies.
Also, when you pick up those supplies usually you are attacked pretty quickly by the owners of said supplies, I didnt see the end of the video it stopped before the explosion and encounter so I cant say, but it is possible you were fired upon by the npc's whose supplies you were stealing, maybe.
Then again, on PC there are many things going on so I cant say for sure without seeing the entire encounter and knowing more.

Sorry the explosion occurred prior to the video. I tried to record what I could but the only thing I got was that weird stutter stepping in the video. I didn't realize that the microsoft game capture stuff only recorded the last 30 seconds. 

20 hours ago, Ratly said:

Sorry the explosion occurred prior to the video. I tried to record what I could but the only thing I got was that weird stutter stepping in the video. I didn't realize that the microsoft game capture stuff only recorded the last 30 seconds. 

It seems like someone using a mod glitched your game. I have seen this happen in GTA V online so I am sure it happens on RDR2 online. There is a reason they don't want people using mods online, they ruin gameplay for everyone around them. That, and cheating. Did you report them both?

I reported them. It feels like in the last few days I'm running into more cheating going on. Just a few minutes ago I was in a salvage and a few seconds after it started everybody but one person was teleported out of bounds and died. 

in my opinion it was just a bug , you might have been doing an action at the same time you died in the 1st encounter. it bugged you , it hppenned to me before the way your character glitch out like if it was stopping every 1 feet , happened and wasnt in pvp 

On 12/28/2019 at 10:27 PM, Ratly said:

I reported them. It feels like in the last few days I'm running into more cheating going on. Just a few minutes ago I was in a salvage and a few seconds after it started everybody but one person was teleported out of bounds and died. 

That is a mod being used for sure. I have had it happen to me a few times on here. It is way worse on GTA V though. I love the game but holy hell, almost every session you join, it has a modder. I hope RDR2 don't get as bad. It makes it very hard to play and enjoy the game when you keep getting people messing with you.