Dual Pistols disappearing

SIRG12345

Been having this issue since the moonshiner update and wondered if I am alone ?

When I go into PvP or free roam events  I lose the dual pistols and am stuck with a single, when I die in PvP they then return but in the free roam events they don't no matter what I do. 

I've tried deleting and recreating all of my loadouts etc but nothing works.

Anyone get the same ?

Had this even before the update but it was very rare. Indeed after the update my dual Mausers disappear when i enter any pvp mode - free roam or showdowns.   It frustrates me so much bcoz yes i have to be killed once for them to show up properly. Im guessing its a bug.    I dont know if that happens with dual revolvers as well bcoz i dont use them at all - they r just too slow. 

Same thing with "quick draw of selected weapons". I always set my quick draw option to Dual Mausers but every time i go in a pvp it resets to no weapon. When i set it up again after i die in combat it gets messed up and i have to select it every time.      It's starting to annoy me even more than no animals to hunt. 

On 1/12/2020 at 2:04 PM, SIRG12345 said:

Been having this issue since the moonshiner update and wondered if I am alone ?

When I go into PvP or free roam events  I lose the dual pistols and am stuck with a single, when I die in PvP they then return but in the free roam events they don't no matter what I do. 

I've tried deleting and recreating all of my loadouts etc but nothing works.

Anyone get the same ?

My short answer:

Yes. but I think it's a combination of more cheesy R* programming and a level the playing field attempt as I just think they may have taken duals out of free rooms.

The only possible solution I can think of and been meaning to try, but haven't yet, is to change to one of those premade outfits before jumping in to see if that works vs a custom outfit

My long answer...

I have every bug listed on the internet since the moonshine update (I think R* has me on this guy plays too much, complains too much and doesn't spend any money... let's put him on the fustrate the BLEEP out of him build)

However this is one of those things I think is a behind the scenes "level the playing field"  attempts that R* makes.  Side arm challenge is one of the few free roam events I still play and Everytime I enter I no longer have dual pistols.  It is kinda hard to tell in the heat of battle but I do believe that nobody has the dual pistols in that event anymore. At least  one time though I believe others had duals and I didn't. (Yet I still came in 2nd but the winner had double my score.)

There is also that passive for duals that gets rendered useless in that event if you have no dual loadout...so that might have something to do with it.

And yes I too enter free roam events  and they flip my guns around and for some reason I wind up with the $%#@ cattleman and/or high roller revolver which I never use/or clean (they're my swimming guns) but somehow they wind up in my loadout.  No longer able to call your horse to fix either... which is what I used to be able to do.

On the flip side I have certain custom outfits where I lose the duals on equip and need to go to camp or tailor to reset it. 

So really don't have a solution.

6 hours ago, Dissention said:

I just think they may have taken duals out of free rooms.

Maybe they are too OP? I don't know. Just seems silly to allow something and then take it out without any notice to the players. I don't know if they have taken it out entirely or it is just a bug but I was never able to use mine, not on PC anyways.