Favorite Games 2.0

I seem to remember a thread about everybody's favorite games a while back.

Here's mine:

1. Halo 3 - iconic characters, gameplay, story, and one of the best advertisements I've ever seen. I'll link it for those who haven't seen or have forgotten it. The Bungie games in general are some of my favorite games.

2. Fallout NV- Obsidian wiped the floor with Bethesda and it's still one of the best RPG games out there IMO

3. Doom - both the original games and the modern reboots are pretty darn good.

4. DS Series - Insane difficulty, convoluted lore... loved it

There are some more that I just can't think of at the moment

What about you? Favorite games?

Edited by EjectedCasings

Right now, theres:

* RDR2

* Snowrunner

* Ghost of Tsushima

I'm gradually getting through Last of Us so I can gain an appreciation of the backstory before moving to LOU2.

Too many to list from the past but from recent memory and still relevant to me at this point in time:

RDR2

GTAVO

CoD:MW (online)

Ghost of Tsushima

I'm really yearning for a good tactical shooter though.  I am disheartened by the fact that the Insurgency Sandstorm console release delayed yet again but there are some promising titles on the horizon like Zero Six.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Too many to list from the past but from recent memory and still relevant to me at this point in time:

RDR2

GTAVO

CoD:MW (online)

Ghost of Tsushima

I'm really yearning for a good tactical shooter though.  I am disheartened by the fact that the Insurgency Sandstorm console release delayed yet again but there are some promising titles on the horizon like Zero Six.  

Check out Squad and Arma. 

16 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Check out Squad and Arma. 

.......I'm on console.  I stopped building PCs when I bought a PS3. 

I used to love the Operation Flashpoint series which were the precursor to the ARMA games.  If I were still gaming on PC, I'd certainly be looking at games like SQUAD, ARMA 3, Escape from Tarkov, Insurgency, Hell Let Loose, etc.  

PS3 had a few good tactical shooters like a couple of the Flashpoint games that were ported, MAG and a couple others, but PS4 has been lacking.  Ghost Recon Wildlands helped scratch that itch with it's lethal gameplay but still fell a little short although still quite fun in it's own right.

We finally got DayZ a little while back (which started out as na ARMA mod) but unfortunately it's still buggy as hell.  ....still, it's essentially ARMA combat which is cool but it's about as hardcore survival/milsim as you want to get (e.g. having to manually refill your magazines, clean your weapons, maintain food & water intake, etc.).  

Some think the new gen consoles will be the gateway to new tac shooters coming on board and I think they are right.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

.......I'm on console.  I stopped building PCs when I bought a PS3. 

I used to love the Operation Flashpoint series which were the precursor to the ARMA games.  If I were still gaming on PC, I'd certainly be looking at games like SQUAD, ARMA 3, Escape from Tarkov, Insurgency, Hell Let Loose, etc.  

PS3 had a few good tactical shooters like a couple of the Flashpoint games that were ported, MAG and a couple others, but PS4 has been lacking.  Ghost Recon Wildlands helped scratch that itch with it's lethal gameplay but still fell a little short although still quite fun in it's own right.

We finally got DayZ a little while back (which started out as na ARMA mod) but unfortunately it's still buggy as hell.  ....still, it's essentially ARMA combat which is cool but it's about as hardcore survival/milsim as you want to get (e.g. having to manually refill your magazines, clean your weapons, maintain food & water intake, etc.).  

Some think the new gen consoles will be the gateway to new tac shooters coming on board and I think they are right.  

Maybe so. Next Gen consoles will certainly be more capable and hopefully keyboard and mouse support will become the norm. 

On 8/24/2020 at 5:10 AM, Foxtrot said:

I'm gradually getting through Last of Us so I can gain an appreciation of the backstory before moving to LOU2.

Just a word of caution:

My wife watches me play cinematic games. Both of us loved The Last of Us. I’ve played it over a dozen times. But when it came to TLOU2, both of us couldn’t wait for it to be over. And I have no desire to ever play it again. 

Yeah, I’ve seen a full play through of LOU2 and it’s emotionally tough going. I’m looking forward to the highs as well as the lows. I’m still working my way through Tsushima as my main game though and enjoying it almost as much as I did RDR2. The odd thing is though that I’m doing the majority of it on foot since there’s no real benefit to riding (except for being a bit faster).