Been a while, how is everyone doing?

Faelwolf

So I got the game running again, and have been dabbling a bit.  Looks like some things changed for the better (only one disconnect so far, and my camp has been there every time) and a few things have stayed the same, though so far haven't had an issue with griefers or hackers, which is nice.  When time allows, might just get to playing again, especially if I can find a good posse.  Any new issues I need to be aware of?

Oh, and to the group who got into a big gun battle with lawmen in the middle of my camp while I was off shooting that nearby gator, thank you for a very entertaining welcome back. I especially enjoyed hearing voice chat with things like "WTF? This is the wrong camp!"  And I do appreciate that 8 cents in the loot you left behind (I see RS is still cheap with the loot heh) :D

Have not found any realy big issues, just the normal small bugs here and there. Camp seems to have stabilized in the region you choose, atleast mine has been in the same place so far for my small return in december.

Other then that, things are just as i left it in march......

On 12/18/2020 at 5:31 AM, Faelwolf said:

So I got the game running again, and have been dabbling a bit.  Looks like some things changed for the better (only one disconnect so far, and my camp has been there every time) and a few things have stayed the same, though so far haven't had an issue with griefers or hackers, which is nice.  When time allows, might just get to playing again, especially if I can find a good posse.  Any new issues I need to be aware of?

Oh, and to the group who got into a big gun battle with lawmen in the middle of my camp while I was off shooting that nearby gator, thank you for a very entertaining welcome back. I especially enjoyed hearing voice chat with things like "WTF? This is the wrong camp!"  And I do appreciate that 8 cents in the loot you left behind (I see RS is still cheap with the loot heh) :D

Not sure how long you have been away but a few things have been added that make the game a little more interesting:-

The Naturalist role was added [not to everyones liking] which brought conflict to the Trader role as now it's best NOT to kill & skin animals to give to Cripps to create our fur trading empire but to stalk, photograph & take bodily fluid samples from all [most] of the creatures in the game, including a raft of new "legendary" animals which also have free roam events attached to them - or you can kill & skin & sell those to the 2nd part of the new expansion "Gus" for more clothes, trinkets & new bow variants - don't worry the hippy lady that gets edgy doesn't stay mad at us for long, so it's worth starting the day with a facefull of skunk musk then checking in with her later!

Naturalist also brought with it a wilderness camp [bit of a letdown, no saddle or rug to perch against whilst warming our toesies by the fire] but you can cook & now fast travel in the wilderness using it which is actually quite useful.

A vast swathe of new camera options to go with the role & a rather cheeky new mount the Gypsy Cob

All in all Naturalist is probably the most divisive role they have brought in but the daily challenges are usually fairly easy to get 1 or 2 done, which brings me to daily challenges ......

Daily challenges got nerfed a few weeks ago - now your "streak" maxes out at 28 days & resets so the early weeks are a poor return of GB for your trouble, but it does no longer mean you have to worry that you're gonna lose your 400 day streak if you have to go away or your internet runs out or whatever else can ruin a gamers day!

Role challenges also max after you complete 9 so it is worth picking & choosing which challenges you want to complete to maximise the payout as at 9 you will get a 3x bonus payout - which is nice at higher payout levels

A new Outlaw Pass [No. 4] & a further 10 ranks added to Bounty Hunter are the most recent additions & also "Legendary" Bounty Hunts of which there are 2 so far 

CAMPs are quite stable, but you will occasionally find yourself at the polar opposite side of the map to your favoured locations, which I think is due to your preferred area being "full" when you login but not sure & of course you then have to pay to move it to where you want once there is "room"

Animal spawns too are quite stable but occasionally there is a silence over the wilderness that a quick lobby change usually fixes - sometimes just transitioning thru a doorway can magically fill the world again - so all in all hunting etc is now as viable as ever.

That should have you up to speed - enjoy re-discovering the "world"  & maybe we'll meet one day out on the range  :)

Oh & I almost forgot - they changed the way Collector items spawn in the world to remove lots of fixed item spawns - the spawn points are still the same places but it's now RNG as to what you actually find, so Collector sets are that much more difficult now - not impossible but much much harder to get full sets.

Edited by Sigill MacFinn
added info

Thanks for the info!  Got in with a good crew, and am loving the game again. It's so much more fun with friends!  A few griefers here and there, as well as hackers, but it has stopped considerably since I felt forced to leave. Just an annoyance now, not game-breaking.  I imagine after the holidays are over it might die down even a bit more.  No camp or disconnect issues to speak of so far, thankful for that! Looks like I'm definitely going to be staying for a while :)

• 2 weeks later...

I too took a break for some time. I’ve been dabbling in it again and like what I’ve been seeing.... and the butcher even bought the two dozen or so fish I’ve been lugging around in my satchel for what must be nearly a year now... 

Edited by The_Liquor