New Player

Poetsword

I am a brand new player.  I bought the Trader role, but have not progresses far in the main story missions (online).  I have very little capital and was wondering if I should force myself to do the main missions (to make the money) or should I stick with working on my trader role (which I enjoy more).  My goal is to collect gold and progress to have all roles.  Suggestions?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy partner ! Looks like you posted this in wrong section , if your playing online my advice is to start the collectors role. Its the easiest to come up quickly in dollars to finance your other stuff. Run bountys and strangers to stack gold or try your luck at pvp. 👍  good luck out there. 

No wonder it took so long to get a reply. lol.  Thank you for the tip.  I did the trader role first, it took a bit of time, but I'm now doing all roles.  I'll try to be more diligent in making sure I'm in the right section if I post again.  Take care 8)

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:39 PM, Poetsword said:

I am a brand new player.  I bought the Trader role, but have not progresses far in the main story missions (online).  I have very little capital and was wondering if I should force myself to do the main missions (to make the money) or should I stick with working on my trader role (which I enjoy more).  My goal is to collect gold and progress to have all roles.  Suggestions?

If your main goal is to make gold then make sure u do as many General & Role Daily Challenges to max the incremental gold bonuses, also bounties linked with the daily role challenge & a couple of pvp "maps" will give u a steady gold daily payout - by focusing on challenges u can get a steady payout that is in sync with your playstyle - u can get gold payouts for delivering a "desired" moonshine flavour - delivered in a certain amount of time & with a minimum of bottles intact [if the daily challenges sync for u] - for instance today there were 2 Moonshine challenges I could complete in 1 delivery - make $200 from delivering & Deliver with 18 bottles intact, so 1 delivery for me = $247 plus 2 x Daily Role GB payout - easy money  :)

The easiest GB payout for general Daily challenges, for me, is Pet a Dog - so easy & basically FREE GB  :)

Oh & Cripps is considered a "local" when the "use an emote on a local" Daily Challenge comes round  :)

If you can complete 9 Role Challenges [with all Roles at level 20 you will have 15 Role Daily Challenges to choose from] you will then get a 3x Daily amount to help increase your gold - if you can complete role challenges over 4 weeks you will be gifted $$$ & a Treasure Map - tip for treasure chest opening - always hit the "open" immediately it as activate-able & for me it guarantees a minimum of 1GB, any delay in opening & that amount decreases, you will also gain $100+ dollars - Treasure Maps also have a random general daily challenge to find a treasure so it's worth keeping 1 or 2 in your bag ready for the challenge to come around.

After 9 Role Challenges they lock but u get a x3 payout for completing 9 so when the daily reward is elevated to .25 per challenge u will get .75 GB FREE [every day for that week = 7 x .75 = 5.25 FREE GOLD BARS if u can max Role Challenges every day for the max reward week}

2nd Treasure Map tip - always buy a map when u meet the random seller - $5 for a map will guarantee u 1GB & min $100 dollars using tip 1 so it's a good return on your $5 investment!

Good Luck

Edited by Sigill MacFinn
added info about challenges
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 9:37 AM, Sigill MacFinn said:

[...]tip for treasure chest opening - always hit the "open" immediately it as activate-able & for me it guarantees a minimum of 1GB, any delay in opening & that amount decreases, you will also gain $100+ dollars - Treasure Maps also have a random general daily challenge to find a treasure so it's worth keeping 1 or 2 in your bag ready for the challenge to come around.

[...]

2nd Treasure Map tip - always buy a map when u meet the random seller - $5 for a map will guarantee u 1GB & min $100 dollars using tip 1 so it's a good return on your $5 investment!

I've never seen or heard of any mechanics where any delay in opening treasure maps runs a risk of decreasing its value/payout. They don't lose value - its simply RNG, some maps give .70 nuggets, some give 2 Gold Bars. Average is about 1 Gold Bar. It is best to save your maps and open them when you have nothing else to do - like when your trader business is in production or you have moonshine in the works.

As for purchasing treasure maps from NPC treasure hunters, always decline their offer of $5 - They'll issue a counter offer of $2.50 instead usually after you decline $5 twice. If you approach them with a posse mate, they will offer it to the other player as well, so if you really want it, either take it by force for nothing or hope your friend declines lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 8:39 AM, Poetsword said:

To answer your question, no. You will make far more money with the Trader role than the story missions. Still do the story missions for the XP and they are fun, but you may do so whenever you are in the mood to do so. Collector is also a good role for XP and money. Trader is my favorite. Bounty Hunter pays decent gold and is another role to get. Remember, with any role if the there is a timer, let it run down to the last 30 seconds for max rewards in XP and payouts. 

Edited by Vendetta