What's your favorite moment thus far?

BoomBazookaJD

Given that we've had the game less than a week, but also keeping in mind that the game is incredibly deep; what has been your favorite moment thus far?

Personally, I've had limited time with the game due to life BUT I took a moment to explore just around Horseshoe Overlook and I wound up hunting a turkey on Horseback with the bow.  What started out as "what is that moving thing over there?" Turned into a "holy sh* that this is fast" and to "lets chase it on my horse". Finally managed to shoot it but went through several arrows that in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have. 

During a party at camp I took a minute to try on some outfits. While I was changing, I heard what sounded like people having sex nearby. I looked around, and figured out they were in a tent near mine. I targeted the tent and chose "antagonize," and Arthur started yelling at them and making fun of them. Eventually, they came out complaining and looking very sheepish. 

• Haha 1

I'm still fairly early into the game, but outside of actual missions, these are a few encounters that have been memorable: (possible minor spoilers?) 

The Nite Folk first encounter was interesting. I mean I knew it was gonna be some kind of ambush but the mystery of it and what lays in store for future encounters is what intrigues me most. 

Finding a house full of the remains of a suicide cult was pretty cool. 

Trying to rob the back room of the doctor in Valentine ended up with me killing half the town just trying to escape lol. That sh*t went south in a hurry

• Like 1

There have been so many memorable moments.  But of my favorites was coming across a severed leg and a big pool of blood on my way to a mission, and what I found after investigating and tracking it, was quite disturbing. 

Edited by RMC564
  • Like 1

Bought a ticket early on to go to saint Denise from Valentine.. get there and thought let me go to the tailor. As soon as i opened the door a man came out and pickpocketed me. I ran after him but lost him real quick. I remember getting so mad cause I had thought he stole all my money. But he didn't thank God. It felt so real though I came to a big city and got taken for a sucker.

• Haha 1

My crack up moment was riding down one of the main trails and this cowpuncher was trying to help his horse....trying to pull a thorn or rusty nail out of his paw, and the horse kicked the man right in the head and killed him....I sat there for a moment with a smile on my face. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MJROu812 said:

My crack up moment was riding down one of the main trails and this cowpuncher was trying to help his horse....trying to pull a thorn or rusty nail out of his paw, and the horse kicked the man right in the head and killed him....I sat there for a moment with a smile on my face. 

Happen to me too, it was hilarious. Too bad that little moment lead to two other people dying because they saw me loot the guy who got kicked by the horse.   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RMC564 said:

Happen to me too, it was hilarious. Too bad that little moment lead to two other people dying because they saw me loot the guy who got kicked by the horse.   

Holy cow...that's what happened to me.....after he died I came off my horse and of course looted the guy and two other cowboys saw me, one in either direction I managed to kill one of the witnesses but could not snag the other...it winded up costing me at the train station?

1 minute ago, MJROu812 said:

Holy cow...that's what happened to me.....after he died I came off my horse and of course looted the guy and two other cowboys saw me, one in either direction I managed to kill one of the witnesses but could not snag the other...it winded up costing me at the train station?

Damn... sounds like this game likes to set us up to fail...

• Like 1

I've already racked up half a dozen memorable moments, a few are story spoiler related so I won't give those away.  But stumbling across giant bones unexpectedly with amazing views was a good one.  

Being caught in a huge fire fight, struggling to survive, running and gunning then slamming some guy down and taking his head apart with a sawn off was another good one.

Jack's picture bought a tear to my eye!

Getting drunk in Valentine was great fun, and not what I expected :)

The camp party was also a cool thing :)

• Thanks 1