What are some good movies...

elmZ

What are some good movies to watch with someone who says they don't like movies?

Strange question, I know. I am trying to prove a point here. If a movie is THAT good, then anyone (even someone who claims to hate them) would enjoy it. 

The Godfather is probably considered the best but I would rate it as a 7/10 movie. One of my favorites is Catch Me If You Can with Leo and Hanks. That is probably one of few movies I can watch years later and still really enjoy.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 0:22 AM, NicNak said:

If you think an older film may work, a bit of a cult classic... I would say go for Pulp Fiction. It has a nice mix of comedy and drama, mixed in with some violence. 

One of my favorite movies. I may be younger but this is a true Cult Classic. I never heard of someone saying the movie sucked. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 8:48 AM, DiamondDave said:

One of my favorite movies. I may be younger but this is a true Cult Classic. I never heard of someone saying the movie sucked. 

Oh yeah, I've watched this oh so many times and it's always awesome.

Some of my other favourites:

• Alien / Aliens
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Fight Club
  • The Green Mile
  • Wall-E
  • Back to the Future
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Die Hard
  • Terminator 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 8:57 AM, Jamesie said:

Oh yeah, I've watched this oh so many times and it's always awesome.

Some of my other favourites:

• Alien / Aliens
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Fight Club
  • The Green Mile
  • Wall-E
  • Back to the Future
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Die Hard
  • Terminator 2

Dude, of all the cartoony BS kid movies, Wall-E was one of the best! It was so deep and had so much meaning beyond what I could have ever seen being in a kid's movie. So underacted. I find it better than Toy Story and Finding Nemo.

• 1 month later...

I've seen The Usual Suspects pop up on so many of these lists and finally watched it a month or two ago. Couldn't work out why it was so popular, just didn't get it. Seemed really average. I mean it was interesting, nice twist etc, but not mind blowing like I was expecting...

10 hours ago, X S said:

No Country for Old Men is probably my favorite movie of all time.  It's sort of a Western genre film, considering this is an RDR2 forum.  ;)

Thanks for this! It's something I haven't seen yet and it looks like a very decent cast so I have something new to watch soon.

• Like 1