Begone with face flopping

jRebel94

If there's anything I love about a realistic game, it's people exploiting stupid things to get ahead. I love the online competitive mode, however it's full of said people. Whenever I engage someone in a firefight, I really don't want to see them dive into their face 6 times to avoid being shot. Rockstar, if you want realism, fix this absolutely pathetic exploit and make these losers actually fight. Thanks :)

I appreciate that some players use it skilfully (not me).  They will dive out of the way of your shot or thrown weapon, then pop up and headshot you 'boom'!  They're good.  That's fine.

But the ones that just dive, dive, dive, dive, like some fitting walrus, and usually to no avail since they get shot anyway, are just annoying - slowing down the time it takes to decapitate them and giving other players extra chance to take you out while you play around with a spasmodic fish.

Edited by Poggy

9 hours ago, jRebel94 said:

If there's anything I love about a realistic game, it's people exploiting stupid things to get ahead. I love the online competitive mode, however it's full of said people. Whenever I engage someone in a firefight, I really don't want to see them dive into their face 6 times to avoid being shot. Rockstar, if you want realism, fix this absolutely pathetic exploit and make these losers actually fight. Thanks :)

Diving doesn't make you immune to being shot.  

Diving does break auto aim lock ons..    

Are you saying auto aim is realistic?

The fact that you think using diving to break auto aim lock ons is an exploit is kind of funny tho.

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah but neither is it realistic that you can throw yourself on the ground without taking any damage to your arm and, while getting up again, shooting straight into the head of your enemy. Diving to break auto-aim lock-on, i am totally fine with that. But then, make disturbed aiming and no auto-aim for the diving player also a thing....

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:54 AM, HuDawg said:

Diving doesn't make you immune to being shot.  

Diving does break auto aim lock ons..    

Are you saying auto aim is realistic?

The fact that you think using diving to break auto aim lock ons is an exploit is kind of funny tho.

Cause history has shown from those times, the real cowboys was known for playing rolly polly and then jump up and shoot your opponent in the head.   We all understand that is just a game, but the weird ideas of should break the lock of auto aim and what shouldn't.  I personally would think diving into cover should work.   It doesn't though, rolling on the ground does.  

On 12/11/2018 at 12:48 AM, jRebel94 said:

I get the diving, but when it's like 6 times in a row, it's cheesy. The dive should cause a health loss, since after all, you are diving on solid dirt and stone most of the time. Then, it would offset the legshot that your perfectly lined up headshot turned into.

35 minutes ago, madfretter said:

I get the diving, but when it's like 6 times in a row, it's cheesy. The dive should cause a health loss, since after all, you are diving on solid dirt and stone most of the time. Then, it would offset the legshot that your perfectly lined up headshot turned into.

The dive works fine in this game.   Besides it drains stamina.

If someone dives...  shoot them manually.    Its only an issue for people who 100% rely on auto aim.    Because even if you use auto aim, you can just move the aimer and blast em.     But some people rely so heavily on auto aim, they literally wait for them to dive and stand back up.  So if they dive over and over again.. they are just end up waiting..

12 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The dive works fine in this game.   Besides it drains stamina.

If someone dives...  shoot them manually.    Its only an issue for people who 100% rely on auto aim.    Because even if you use auto aim, you can just move the aimer and blast em.     But some people rely so heavily on auto aim, they literally wait for them to dive and stand back up.  So if they dive over and over again.. they are just end up waiting..

Repeated diving causes a constant re-positioning of the hit box which when combined with an online game can/will cause inaccuracies in player targeting.   So where you shoot isn't always where the game gives you credit for.  Plus, it just looks stupid and it's a really cheesy way to play.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, madfretter said:

Repeated diving causes a constant re-positioning of the hit box which when combined with an online game can/will cause inaccuracies in player targeting.   So where you shoot isn't always where the game gives you credit for.  Plus, it just looks stupid and it's a really cheesy way to play.

But you can just shoot the person the moment he dives on the ground.   

Besides people dive to avoiding being killed by 'auto aim' and break its lock ons.

No matter how stupid and cheesy it looks...  Auto Aim is worse.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Besides people dive to avoiding being killed by 'auto aim' and break its lock ons.

I agree players should free aim more, but to say players diving around like idiots is better then them just out shooting you.  Sorry,  I have to disagree here.  Sad part is that Rockstar couldn't come up with a better plan then diving and allowing you to shoot a kill shot.  

53 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I'm not a fan of auto aim and wish they would remove it. Shooting them as soon as they hit the ground doesn't always work. The hit box changes shape and also has a brief second to make the change. So, depending when/where you shoot, the box may not even be there

Just now, YodaMan 3D said:

I agree players should free aim more, but to say players diving around like idiots is better then them just out shooting you.  Sorry,  I have to disagree here.  Sad part is that Rockstar couldn't come up with a better plan then diving and allowing you to shoot a kill shot.  

Well..  remember R* used to add rolling around which is looks far worse..  At least the dive looks better.

Either way..  The dive is here to stay and the counter is manual aim or paint it black..  I don't have any problems with players using it or myself using it.  When I dive, I pray the player is relying on auto aim.

2 minutes ago, madfretter said:

I'm not a fan of auto aim and wish they would remove it. Shooting them as soon as they hit the ground doesn't always work. The hit box changes shape and also has a brief second to make the change. So, depending when/where you shoot, the box may not even be there

I don't really know what to say about this.. Because I have had zero problems with blasting people who dive.

Sometimes I even wait for them to do it..lol

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Well..  remember R* used to add rolling around which is looks far worse..  At least the dive looks better.

Either way..  The dive is here to stay and the counter is manual aim or paint it black..  I don't have any problems with players using it or myself using it.  When I dive, I pray the player is relying on auto aim.

Just because it is here to stay, doesn't mean it should give the free kill shot.  

5 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Just because it is here to stay, doesn't mean it should give the free kill shot.  

Well it doesn't give anyone a free kill shot..  So what are you talking about?

if someone dives infront of someone who doesn't heavily rely on auto aim OR uses Paint it Black.  They would lucky to be able to get another shot off...because in most cases they would be dead.

• Like 1

The whole idea that diving should be nerfed because it's "unrealistic" is puzzling to me.  There is nothing "realistic" about the gunplay in Rockstar games.  

In a title where auto aim is relied on so heavily, I can see why they included a way like this to help break that lock.  Personally, I would love the gunfighting and weapons to be more realistic but then again, you would need to get rid of auto aim or severely restrict it.  ......and then slow down the obscenely fast reloads, etc.   Only then would it make more sense to me to start getting rid of the ability cards, rolling to break auto aim lock, obscenely fast reload times, make dual wielding highly inaccurate at range, etc.  

R*'s idea of gunplay is very arcadey which for me is fine in this game.  Yeah, I would love it to be more realistic but they would have to change a lot and then rebalance the weapons and mechanics.  

Personally, I wish there were hardcore servers that eliminated rolls, auto aim, abilities and the like. It would completely change the whole dynamic of the game, griefing, etc.  It would be much harder to just ride in and mow people down.  Hunting would be more challenging.  Engagements would take tactics and skill.  .....but it is what it is.  

In Free Roam, I rarely see people rolling around and if they do, they typically get killed by me and/or my posse.  I don't like the PvP game modes in RDO personally since they mostly seem like a chaotic, all-out  twitch fest.  

5 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

If you want to break the lock on auto-aim.  Use cover, done!  

And if you want to kill people diving.. Shoot them manually or use Paint it Black.  Right?

Diving is cool anyways.  Seriously..

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And if you want to kill people diving.. Shoot them manually or use Paint it Black.  Right?

Diving is cool anyways.  Seriously..

20 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

If you want to break the lock on auto-aim.  Use cover, done!  You want to stand in the open and dive, imho auto-aim should just track you.  

I agree though, players should be doing more free-aim while shooting.

52 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

28 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The whole idea that diving should be nerfed because it's "unrealistic" is puzzling to me.  There is nothing "realistic" about the gunplay in Rockstar games.  

In a title where auto aim is relied on so heavily, I can see why they included a way like this to help break that lock.  Personally, I would love the gunfighting and weapons to be more realistic but then again, you would need to get rid of auto aim or severely restrict it.  ......and then slow down the obscenely fast reloads, etc.   Only then would it make more sense to me to start getting rid of the ability cards, rolling to break auto aim lock, obscenely fast reload times, make dual wielding highly inaccurate at range, etc.  

R*'s idea of gunplay is very arcadey which for me is fine in this game.  Yeah, I would love it to be more realistic but they would have to change a lot and then rebalance the weapons and mechanics.  

Personally, I wish there were hardcore servers that eliminated rolls, auto aim, abilities and the like. It would completely change the whole dynamic of the game, griefing, etc.  It would be much harder to just ride in and mow people down.  Hunting would be more challenging.  Engagements would take tactics and skill.  .....but it is what it is.  

In Free Roam, I rarely see people rolling around and if they do, they typically get killed by me and/or my posse.  I don't like the PvP game modes in RDO personally since they mostly seem like a chaotic, all-out  twitch fest.  

All of this won't be an issue once I unlock dynamite arrows........lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, madfretter said:

I never use dead eye, maybe I'll give that a shot..

I use Focus Fire (As my dead eye cards) + Unblinking eye.  (Maxed out)

If im using Lancaster (with express rounds).  The moment someone dives, I flick on Dead Eye.. Let go of LT and just Spam RT and aim at the guy diving.     It makes the Lancaster pin point accurate and fires extremely fast.    By the time he hits the ground I've got 10+ bullets coming his way..

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I use Focus Fire (As my dead eye cards) + Unblinking eye.  (Maxed out)

If im using Lancaster (with express rounds).  The moment someone dives, I flick on Dead Eye.. Let go of LT and just Spam RT and aim at the guy diving.     It makes the Lancaster pin point accurate and fires extremely fast.    By the time he hits the ground I've got 10+ bullets coming his way..

I really need to pay attention to the cards more, lol