Is Anyone Else Noticing Something Different About Movement After The Update?

Tom21

Rockstar Games worked for years on Red Dead Redemption 2, but work on the game was hardly done after its release back in October, as the team is not only working on Red Dead Online but also on fixing issues that are still found in the game's Story Mode.

A few hours ago, a new Red Dead Redemption 2 patch, patch 1.04, has been released on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, bringing some improvements for both offline and online modes.

RDO-Gunbelts-800x450.jpg

Starting with the Story Mode, the 1.04 patch fixes several issues, like a few loading issues happening after the Country Pursuits, The First Shall Be Last missions. General loading issues which would freeze the loading process at 90% after loading an autosave or manual save have also been fixed. Lastly, an issue that could make players lose access to weapons and equipment in the weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma has been fixed.

As already mentioned, the 1.04 patch also brings fixes for Red Dead Online. Alongside general stability improvements, the update fixes an issue that could make the temporary horse Scrawny Nag appear when whistling if the player removed an injured horse without healing, another where players are stuck in the house in the Love and Honor mission and several others. Full patch notes can be found on Rockstar Games Official Website.

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Weapon_Customizati

While the patch notes seem exhaustive enough, it seems like there are several undocumented changes introduced by the new update. According to reports from players on the Red Dead Redemption subreddit, fishing in Red Dead Online has been slightly changed, with a decreased rate of getting good fish that could be sold for a decent amount of money. It also seems like it's much easier to find Stagecoaches and Wagons following the patch, as showcased in the video below.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a massive game, but Rockstar Games is doing its best to fix the experience as much as possible in a short amount of time. More patches will obviously be coming in the near future, and we will let you know everything there is to know about them as soon as possible.

The post Red Dead Redemption 2 1.04 Patch Improves Story Mode And Online appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

I noticed a difference on horseback after the first update. I think.

Seems like when your weapon is out on horseback, even if you're not aiming, the camera stops auto centering your screen. Instead you have to move the reticle to center up. 

I didn't notice this before the update. Maybe I'm just oblivious and it was there all along.

I patched last night - XBone - Went into single player and the frame rate is so low I nearly got sick. There has never been an instance where I got motion sick playing a game or watching a stream, etc. Camera Movement was choppy and riding a horse was almost not possible (running into trees, could not stay on the trail, etc). My wife enjoys watching the game but does not like to play. She came into the room and told me she could not even watch the screen (We have a projector with a 10 foot screen)

This problem does not occur with any other games and it was not like this at all before the patch Tuesday Dec 11. I submitted a ticket to Rockstar but, really don't expect a response. This does not seem to be a widespread issue as far as I can tell from searching. I did create an account here to post a response to say I am having problems like that too after the patch. I haven't tried online because I wanted to finish single player first.

I will give it a couple days but, if Rockstar does not respond, I will try a reinstall. The thing is, I really really don't want to risk losing my game saves. I know it gets cloud backup but, I have no idea if the local uninstall will remove the saves or not.

I played Online last night on PS4. It's been a few days since last time I played. On foot, it seemed the same. My horse seemed a little different. But I had also adjusted some of the control/camera settings. 

7 hours ago, shinji242 said:

I patched last night - XBone - Went into single player and the frame rate is so low I nearly got sick. There has never been an instance where I got motion sick playing a game or watching a stream, etc. Camera Movement was choppy and riding a horse was almost not possible (running into trees, could not stay on the trail, etc). My wife enjoys watching the game but does not like to play. She came into the room and told me she could not even watch the screen (We have a projector with a 10 foot screen)

This problem does not occur with any other games and it was not like this at all before the patch Tuesday Dec 11. I submitted a ticket to Rockstar but, really don't expect a response. This does not seem to be a widespread issue as far as I can tell from searching. I did create an account here to post a response to say I am having problems like that too after the patch. I haven't tried online because I wanted to finish single player first.

I will give it a couple days but, if Rockstar does not respond, I will try a reinstall. The thing is, I really really don't want to risk losing my game saves. I know it gets cloud backup but, I have no idea if the local uninstall will remove the saves or not.

I've not seen that issue, had no issues after the patch yesterday.  movement looks same as before the patch, haven't noticed any changes.  I don't play online though so if that's where you're seeing them there's another nail in the online coffin.

I just noticed this in in cinematic view. There are certain instances (mostly when it pans to a side view) that there is a "ghostly trail" behind me and my horse. There's definitely something going on there. 

43 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Story. I don’t do online, I can’t keep up with the kids these days. 

Same here, I am to old play online. Unfortunately I have not been home in a few days so I have not been able to play. I play on a PS4-PRO on a 1080p tv without as and no hdr, I will tell my experience after I can play this evening. 

From the xbox one x (no spoilers, just using the tool):

Spoiler

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0pdKB2YkZ

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

I was riding full speed and noticed a trail behind me (mentioned before). You can kind of see it in the second picture, but it was WAY worse than it appears. I could literally see 3-4 copies of me in the trail. Regardless of that, the amount of blur in these screenshots is ridiculous. I guess that's to make it run more smoothly?

Edit: I guess I never really noticed it because I didn't use cinematic mode too often. When I did, I wasn't paying attention to the tv.

Edited by Truth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Hide contents

I was riding full speed and noticed a trail behind me (mentioned before). You can kind of see it in the second picture, but it was WAY worse than it appears. I could literally see 3-4 copies of me in the trail. Regardless of that, the amount of blur in these screenshots is ridiculous. I guess that's to make it run more smoothly?

Edit: I guess I never really noticed it because I didn't use cinematic mode too often. When I did, I wasn't paying attention to the tv.

Hmm, interesting. I am on my way home from work as I type this. So I will very soon be able to say if it is the same on the pro. The issue now is that I am afraid to patch the game from 1.03 to 1.04. As I only play story mode, maybe I should pass for now!?

32 minutes ago, Truth said:

Hide contents

Odd.  I haven't seen that or other issues with movement on my Xbox One S,  guess this is another reason i'll wait to upgrade mine.

Nothing has changed in movement, frame rate, etc.  I think some people are falling for a placebo effect and/or trying to connect an update to something that hasn't been changed.  No drops on Xbox One X.  Smooth as butter (well as much as 30fps can offer.)  Movement is unchanged.  I've seen nothing mentioned above and I've logged 65 hours thus far.  My brother who has the base Xbox One has no drops, nothing of the sort.  All updated to latest patch.  

1 hour ago, Rockstar74 said:

I think some people are falling for a placebo effect

You can see the trail behind me in the second picture I posted. It's faint, but it's there. I wish I could post a video. It was very obvious while I was riding, but as soon as I went to take a screenshot it was more difficult to see. I tried to point it out:image.thumb.png.8fb92dd46f95d74d288725c2756f98d0.png

Like I said, it's faint here, but was very obvious while playing (at certain moments/angles). These lines are the outline of my horse's ass/ the pelt, but I was seeing the entire outline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

You can see the trail behind me in the second picture I posted. It's faint, but it's there. I wish I could post a video. It was very obvious while I was riding, but as soon as I went to take a screenshot it was more difficult to see. I tried to point it out:image.thumb.png.8fb92dd46f95d74d288725c2756f98d0.png

Like I said, it's faint here, but was very obvious while playing (at certain moments/angles). These lines are the outline of my horse's ass/ the pelt, but I was seeing the entire outline.

It is present on the PS4-pro too, at least on 1080p no ss and no hdr. It is not easy to see if one does not know what to look for but it is obviously present in cinematic mode. It is almost as a ghost following the character, like how really old plasmas and LCD screens behaved when flatscreens was a new thing. 

No fps drops at least and still as smooth as 30 fps can be but it is still blurry. But I do prefer blurr to bad fps so I am not that irritated as many seems to be at the blurr issue. Still, the “ghosting” when riding fast is a little bit disturbing. 

Edited by Minimoni