I Love Having A Server To Myself.

KylesDad7

Happened last night. Joined a session and was immediately griefed. Joined a new session, and no one was on it. For about 2 hours I was able to play in peace. Finished Stanger missions without fear of having other players gank my mission. Rn around Saint Denis without fear of being shot in the back of the head, It was great.

• Like 5

This has happened to me a couple times.  ....it was nice.

As for other players and playing side missions, I simply go to the section of the map where players are either scarce or non-existent.  I haven't had too many problems with others interfering with my missions to be honest. 

If players are evenly spaced in the game world, I'll only take missions that have to do with kidnapping, NPC elimination, etc.  I will avoid repossessions, mail runs, etc. if I feel the risk is too great.

1 hour ago, KylesDad7 said:

Happened last night. Joined a session and was immediately griefed. Joined a new session, and no one was on it. For about 2 hours I was able to play in peace. Finished Stanger missions without fear of having other players gank my mission. Rn around Saint Denis without fear of being shot in the back of the head, It was great.

I happened into one only once so far. I played about 16 hours straight. The most fun I've had playing the game. Playing game grief free was the absolute best. 

• Like 2

I have yet to get a server to myself. The closest I have come was joining an empty one and two players spawned in a few minutes later as a group. They didn't bother me and I didn't bother them so it was just as good as being alone I suppose. 

In all honesty , I would like this if i wanted to fish or hunt. Doing Stranger missions however without having potential online player threats completely defies the purpose as anyone can deal with the NPC's singlehandedly. I do not consider it griefing when online players attack us doing stranger missions. The unfortunate thing however is that the shoting continues after and really noone stops even when I address them in the lobby by mic that it is enough now.

27 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

In all honesty , I would like this if i wanted to fish or hunt. Doing Stranger missions however without having potential online player threats completely defies the purpose as anyone can deal with the NPC's singlehandedly. I do not consider it griefing when online players attack us doing stranger missions. The unfortunate thing however is that the shoting continues after and really noone stops even when I address them in the lobby by mic that it is enough now.

(Please don't be offended for my singling your comment out. I mean no offense and am only trying to get a point across. I've seen many of your posts and view you as one of the more reasonable posters here.)

But this is the reason I feel we should have separate servers.

What one person considers griefing, another does not because I do consider it griefing. And judging by comments from many posters here, there is always going to be a disagreement on the issue as to what is griefing, how much griefing is too much, or if any should be allowed (my vote on that is no).

Of course, we are all at the mercy of Rockstar when it comes to this but, from my standpoint, separate servers/private lobbies = problem solved.

No offense take at all and I understand your reasoning. However the game creators have made it pretty clear in the stranger missions that they want online rivalries as whenever the stranger mission starts, you got notified that a rival posse has started a mission and if you encounter another posse whilst doing a mission they are directly show as red (enemy). Whether other players act on it is a different matter, however the game sets these parameters. I tend to leave other players alone, however when I am in a posse and other posse members attack I join in. Also quite frequently I get shot by people doing the stranger mission, simply because I show up as a red dot on their radar.

I hate the griefing like everyone else, however this is as Rockstar intended these missions to work so I cannot consider this griefing. There is a goal for player A and the game tries to get player B to hinder player A in achieving such goal. Entirely different to me compared to the fact you are skinning an animal and a train with a posse of 4 drives by and shoot you during the animation or you get shot in the back when riding through Saint Denis.

I do not mind if people want private servers at all, but I stick with the opinion that Rockstar has set it so as to encourage rivalry between online players in the missions.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:24 PM, Kean_1 said:

This has happened to me a couple times.  ....it was nice.

As for other players and playing side missions, I simply go to the section of the map where players are either scarce or non-existent.  I haven't had too many problems with others interfering with my missions to be honest. 

If players are evenly spaced in the game world, I'll only take missions that have to do with kidnapping, NPC elimination, etc.  I will avoid repossessions, mail runs, etc. if I feel the risk is too great.

Therein lies the problem, people like you who don't want to spoil the game for others are having to be selective about where on the map you play to accommodate the idiots.

• Like 1