I Want To Take A Bath!

KylesDad7

6 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Once properties are introduced

Is there any confirmation that we will be getting properties? I keep hearing about it, but I haven't seen anything "official". Seems to be something we're all just assuming will be added (unless I missed something).

Edit: Also, @KylesDad7 :

https://www.rdr2.org/guides/shaving-hygiene-guide/

You can't bathe, but you can wash off in the water/rain. You can also just change your clothes.

Edited by Truth

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Is there any confirmation that we will be getting properties? I keep hearing about it, but I haven't seen anything "official". Seems to be something we're all just assuming will be added (unless I missed something).

There was news from RockstarINTEL.com back in October where data miners had found code for property placeholders.  The assumption that properties will at some point be included is based on those placeholders.  This is true for the private lobbies and vehicles (e.g. wagons):

Here are references belonging to Properties in Red Dead Online, that can be purchased.

Property No. 1
Price: $1000 [placeholder]
Description: Lorem ipsum … [placeholder]

Property No. 2

Property No. 3

Property No. 4

Property No. 5

Property No. 6
Tagline: Rugged homeliness in the countryside.

Property No. 7

Property No. 8

Property No. 9

Property No. 10

https://rockstarintel.com/as-expected-youll-be-able-to-buy-properties-in-red-dead-online

Edited by Kean_1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

There was news from RockstarINTEL.com back in October where data miners had found code for property placeholders.  The assumption that properties will at some point be included is based on those placeholders.  This is true for the private lobbies and vehicles (e.g. wagons):

Well that makes me feel better.

I guess I've gotten used to hearing "it's coming soon" and being let down...

Just now, Truth said:

Well that makes me feel better.

I guess I've gotten used to hearing "it's coming soon" and being let down...

.....here's the list of vehicles that was leaked back then that I mentioned as well in case you missed it.  Obviously, we know all the horses now since the beta already released since then:

Wagons/Carts
Horse Cart
Price: $500 [placeholder]
Description: N/A

Small Coach
Description: Comfort guaranteed in this small coach classic

Chuck Wagon

Chuck Wagon (Gatling)

Supply Wagon

Utility Wagon

War Wagon

Horses
Hungarian Half Bred
Missouri Fox Trotter
Dutch Warmblood
Turkoman

https://rockstarintel.com/red-dead-online-vehicles-leak-exclusive

That site has been pretty spot on with their info IME but we'll have to see.  

Edited by Kean_1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

.....here's the list of vehicles that was leaked back then that I mentioned as well in case you missed it.  Obviously, we know all the horses now since the beta already released since then:

I vaguely recall skimming through that before. Didn't really phase me then.

I wonder what the War Wagon will look like... I think I'm more intrigued by the wagons than the properties lol

Just now, Truth said:

I vaguely recall skimming through that before. Didn't really phase me then.

I wonder what the War Wagon will look like... I think I'm more intrigued by the wagons than the properties lol

Yeah, maybe something like the one in "The War Wagon" movie starring John Wayne and Kirk Douglas.

The War Wagon (1967)

2 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Rockstar is probably trying to avoid the argument.  Considering how many people complained about their appearance, they probably scared players will complain they can't watch their character shower.  :)

I think a lot of those players didn't realize that there were advanced options in the character creation tools either.  I know I didn't until someone mentioned it in that original thread complaining about how characters looked.  I felt the same way at first.  I ultimately recreated mine using the extra options and found it pretty versatile.   

.....not saying there isn't room for improvement but it's not as bad as as some make it out to be.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, maybe something like the one in "The War Wagon" movie starring John Wayne and Kirk Douglas.

The War Wagon (1967)

That seems more likely than the war wagon I had pictured. I had imagined the tank wagon thing or whatever it was called from the Kevin Kline and Will Smith Wild Wild West, but ya, your's seems much cooler.

They had showers in the GTA apartments, so having a tub in your RDO properties is very likely. Would be kinda cool if you have to boil water first for a hot bath, then fill the tub manually. I'd probably go to the saloons for a bath more often, have some girl rub me down like in story mode.