Game Cave Ideas

D3x

While I would use the standard "man cave" title here, it isn't quite the same. Both men and women can have a "game cave" and you don't need to be an adult to have one either. With that being said, what would be your ideal set up in your own personal game cave?

Think of it as a room dedicated to gaming be it console, computer, or both. Could be a set up in your bedroom or its own room. I am fishing for some ideas when I set up my new one. 

In my last house i rented i had a nice game cave setup in the spare bedroom.  blackout curtain over the window, small desk with my gaming pc, 40" TV and Xbox 360 on the other wall, hand me down lazy boy recliner, loved that chair, already broken in and so so comfy.  I'd fall asleep playing games at times it was so comfy.  Ugly baby poop brown color though.  Computer chair was an executive type reclining desk chair, forget what brand.  not quite as comfy as the recliner but comfy enough to endure a 8 or 10 hour game session.  It was also a broken-in hand me down :)  Had a 5 bulb ceiling fan, different color bulb in each socket, i'd just screw in the bulb for the color i wanted hte room to be that session.  White glossy walls to reflect the color back.  Blacklight decorations.   Spent many a weekend hidden away from the world killing Orcs or whatever in that room :)

• Like 1

My set up is basic. Right now I just have an ikea table and a bookshelf with a small table in the corner that holds my console. There is a TV I have on an old dresser. I am hoping to move this year and actually have a legit game space. It is just in the corner of a spare room right now that has storage in it.

• Like 1

Right now I am using a large walk-in closet. I live in one of them double home deals and since I am upstairs, the closet space kind of slopes with the roof but they are big enough to be a small office space. I just have my computer in here, a 32 inch screen, my console, and a mini fridge. 

I am not sure what my ideal set up would be. I would actually have to see what options I have in my budget. 

I do like the idea of having a large corner space like a friend of mine has. It is a fairly large table top desk. He uses those screen clips so his monitors are off the surface of the desk. Looks really put together and clean.