LOL the state of US news reporters

YellowDragon

So BuzzFeed News posted a story that was 100% a lie, they published it as fact and it took them a full 24 hours to take it down. 

I feel like this issue stretches far beyond stories like this. We can't even trust these places anymore. Other than independent journalists online, I gave up on watching or listening to any of them because of this. It amazes me the length people will go just because they hate one man. There has to be more to it than just hating Trump. What really is going on? lol

• Like 1

It is BuzzFeed, are you really that surprised? They do have better cred than CNN now though. I just follow independents anymore as you mentioned. I don't like being lied to. I would rather hear a hard truth than be fed an easy to swallow lie.

• Like 1

Just ignore these places. Read the headline and then find someone you can trust be it on YouTube or on their own website. Unbiased reporters will seek the truth no matter what their political affiliation is. I noticed the news going down the drain around 2012 but I am sure it happened before this. It is just a mess of political crap now.

• Like 1

Besides reviewing multiple news sources and information from “trusted” sources, it is good to do some research on your own regarding how the government (state and federal) and military work as well as the connections and short and long term goals of other countries and leaders/individuals  involved in policy (foreifn and domestic) and ripple effects the various choices can make. The major news networks (regardless of political affiliation) only skim the surface of the topics in order to get an emotional reaction in their favor from the viewer. 

Edited by The Coca-Cola Kid
  • Like 1

Yeah, headlines catch eyes and minds, then people usually draw their own conclusion solely based on 3-4 words written in bold.  It's just the way of the world now, everyone wants to provide the news but capturing anyone's interest is difficult in this day and age, sadly I find the headline is the only memorable part of a story for most folk these days.

Most of what passes as "journalism" these days is anything but.  99% of what you see on a "newscast" is opinion, as opposed to fact.  

The internet has fostered the dreams and ambitions of armchair journalists who have access and a medium without the training and discipline of actual journalists.

• Like 4

On 1/24/2019 at 3:47 PM, Truth said:

This article seems to be the only one I can find that actually tells the whole story. I don't know how accurate the facts are since I haven't seen the videos myself, but that article has a lot of details that no one else is reporting.

You want to see the video for yourself? I think it is a good idea for all people to watch it if they care about it enough to have feelings over it.

The black group was attacking them using racial slurs, called the one black boy the n word, said they gave gay people rights but used the f word for that. I can go on and on.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 8:12 PM, shawn said:

You want to see the video for yourself? I think it is a good idea for all people to watch it if they care about it enough to have feelings over it.

The black group was attacking them using racial slurs, called the one black boy the n word, said they gave gay people rights but used the f word for that. I can go on and on.

I saw this video a week or so after the fact. I am subbed to a few centrist journalists and true liberal journalists on YouTube and I still see the story popping up. Apparently, it has all been proven to be slander and fake news. A few places apologized for it. 

In my book, the mainstream news outlets when it comes to facts and true journalism are long dead.