We need more butcher locations.

madfretter

I try and spend most of my time up north, away from the crowds and griefers. But, I am forced to travel all the way down the map to sell my pelts.  Annesburg would be an ideal spot for a butcher location to allow people to stay in the general locations that they want to hunt in. Any where else that would help?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Hopefully  in a future update they'll  bring the trapper over to online. That would be great since there is one up around that area in SP.

They should also make it to where we can sell them to crypt, he needs a real function in this game. Make him more like Pearson in SP.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

They should also make it to where we can sell them to crypt, he needs a real function in this game. Make him more like Pearson in SP.

Yeah, once you fully upgrade your tent and maybe add fast travel to your camp, Cripps is useless.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, madfretter said:

I try and spend most of my time up north, away from the crowds and griefers. But, I am forced to travel all the way down the map to sell my pelts.  Annesburg would be an ideal spot for a butcher location to allow people to stay in the general locations that they want to hunt in. Any where else that would help?

Agreed!

5 hours ago, Mahuk said:

I couldn't agree more when it comes to the lack of butcher in the North Eastern part of the map. There's some great hunting up there but no where to sell your hunted produce within Cooee. Why would R* do that?

The only reason I can think of is R* are simply pricks in terms of making it really difficult for you to make money in this game, and they enjoy inciting conflict between players. It cant be an oversight, they have thought this out. lol

From the NE you have to travel to the Valentine butcher, it's not close at all, you will probably be disconnected along the way and lose all you have hunted. But thankfully, if you manage to survive the journey, we cant rest in the fact that Valentine is a friendly town, and once you arrive there you will find little conflict, so you can visit the butcher in peace. lol 

I do the majority of my hunting up in the northeast and when I'm done, I follow the train tracks back down south to Saint Denis. Of course I look at my map first and if I see a few players along the route, I might make a few minor detours. If I see Saint Denis is really crowded, I'll forgo hunting there altogether and hunt and fish in the Big Valley area near Strawberry.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:16 AM, Vaderspupil said:

Yeah, once you fully upgrade your tent and maybe add fast travel to your camp, Cripps is useless.

Well, that is a load of BS.  His ability to just up and move my camp to some random location while I'm off doing something and to comeback and it not be there.  That is why I play the game. 

For example, started in St. Denis.  I look on the map and he is over by Tumbleweed.  So I grab my horse and hunt all the way to Tumbleweed.  Get to the marker and my camp is nowhere in sight.  Look on the map and that bastard had moved it over by St. Denis.  So I farm my way back and the thoughtful gent moved it back.  I just quit trying after that.  Moral of the story, it wouldn't have happened without him looking out for me during those trying times

• Haha 2

I rarely use my camp for anything but cooking food and even then, I usually just find an open campfire to take care of that.

I agree with the idea that Cripps could fulfill the butcher's role in camp.  ......but then again, I think it kind of ruins the role that towns in the game play.  Perhaps simply adding more butcher locations is the answer then?  .....or a roving trader(s).

I agree I was out this morning and every town was full of kids shooting stuff up.  We need to get to town once  in awhile.  Jeez r* get it together somewhat. You stick us in with these little shts and don't even give us a place to empty our wares.

5 minutes ago, Ragee503 said:

I agree I was out this morning and every town was full of kids shooting stuff up.  We need to get to town once  in awhile.  Jeez r* get it together somewhat. You stick us in with these little shts and don't even give us a place to empty our wares.

Some of those little shits are actually grown adults.  Just saying it out loud.

• Like 2

I would actually love to see some traveling merchants. Like maybe a trained butcher who rides around with a wagon that is able to handle meats and what not. It would make it more convenient to have NPCs like this if you are out hunting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shawn said:

I would actually love to see some traveling merchants. Like maybe a trained butcher who rides around with a wagon that is able to handle meats and what not. It would make it more convenient to have NPCs like this if you are out hunting.

Good idea............but phrasing though.....lol

• Haha 1