DLC for singleplayer?

pulseox

I love the game and have finished my 1st playthru and find myself getting tired of milking cows and shoveling horseshit on the ranch. I hate online "play" where you have to put up with the immature folks that think it's funny just running around and shooting anything that moves. Does anyone know if Rockstar intends on releasing any DLC missions intended for single players? I would love to have new missions designed for either Arthur or John (or both) to extend the game. 

50 minutes ago, buttlint said:

For Red Dead 1 it was "Undead Nightmare", a zombie kill fest. If anyone enjoyed that, please raise your hand.

At the time, I enjoyed it.  ........at the time.

If they were to introduce a UN2, I don't know if I would be on board this time around.  I've been all "zombied out" for quite a while. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

If they were to introduce a UN2, I don't know if I would be on board this time around.  I've been all "zombied out" for quite a while. 

I need something different, like aliens.  I could get onboard with that as a later dlc.

Were there any DLC packs for GTA V? No. 

Did R* make a gazillion dollars from GTA V? Oh yes. 

I think that RDR2 will be the same, there’s enough in the core game to keep casual offline gamers happy for many moths (as opposed to the few days gameplay for titles like Tomb Raider and Call of Duty). 

I believe that R* will add more to the online aspect of the game and pretty much ignore story mode. Online is where the money is, this has been proven time and time again for many popular franchises. 

I personally prefer story mode, I don’t have the time or mentality for online gaming. Will the lack of story mode DLC stop me from enjoying RDR2? No, not really- there’s plenty for me to do in this world. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BornDefiant said:

I personally would love to see a DLC potentially involving Jack Marston after the events of RDR1

That would be RDR3,  not a DLC for the prequel to RDR

I agree with @Foxtrot  I think we have all of the DLC content from pre-order that we'll ever see.

And since this thread already existed, i'll go back to my other post in the original thread and say I would want to see the story line of the surviving gang members as DLC, like Sadie, or Charles, etc.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 4:21 PM, BornDefiant said:

I personally would love to see a DLC potentially involving Jack Marston after the events of RDR1

I am not sure they would go that far. I mean they could but it is likely they will stick to the same time frame, maybe go a bit before RDR2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HIGHHorse said:

I am not sure they would go that far. I mean they could but it is likely they will stick to the same time frame, maybe go a bit before RDR2.

And imho, taking the game too far after the events of RDR1 and RDR2 no longer makes it a Western game. And really, RDR are Western games that has a huge fan base among fans of the old west. To me personally, I would prefer if a RDR3 went back further in time and used already known characters as cameos and focused on an entirely new repertoire of protagonists. 

A DLC or a single player expansion would of course be somewhat different but would still be set in an era where there still was a “Wild West” so once again, Jack is not the optimal choice in my opinion. I would much rather prefer pre Blackwater failed robbery as a DLC, so we as players once and for all can see what and why really happened. 

So I agree with you and think R* should stick with the timeframe of RDR2. Playing Jack as some people has mentioned is more like GTA but with cars from LA Noire. 

Edited by Minimoni

On 1/28/2019 at 2:53 AM, Kean_1 said:

“Zombied out”, a new sentence that I will use often. I have personally felt like that for many years and I am tired beyond belief when it comes ro zombies as they are the main antagonists in more or less anything and everything these days. 

I purchased the new version of “Resident evil 2” because I am old and used to be scared like hell playing the original on PSX. It is not a bad game but since I am “zombied out”, it takes away some of the joy playing it. 

• Like 2