Could we stop the F ing chatter?

YodaMan 3D

I have no issues with a healthy conversation between players, but I am feeling some players just have to talk so they can just hear their own words.  2 examples, I played with a group of randoms.  A girl, 6 guys including myself.  All of the players was decent and the girl was the leader and we was doing missions.  I think everyone was in their 20s to 30s and I was the old guy with all of the wisdom, I guess.  Anyway, the girl would say something and then the 5 guys would just star talking over each other so you couldn't really here a dam thing.  After several minutes they would shut up and rinse and repeat.  The guys seemed so scared that one the others would impress this young lady, that in my opinion ruined the game experience for all.  None of them was really saying anything worth hearing anyway.  Just speak and if another says something shut up and let them speak.  Take turns and let everyone have a chance to speak.  Then on top of it all, they kept screwing up so it was the female and I completing the missions.  So I felt like I was carrying the whole posse and wasn't sure why.

3 minutes ago, Syrens said:

Haha, always amusing when there's a bunch of dude's trying to impress a girl in a game.  Like, it's never gonna happen xD

You could have heard a pin drop when the young lady asked how old I was.  My statement was old enough to be able to buy the game without mommy or daddy buying it for me and most likely old enough not to be any competition in their little game of trying to impress her.  She said something else and they was all back at it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

You could have heard a pin drop when the young lady asked how old I was.  My statement was old enough to be able to buy the game without mommy or daddy buying it for me and most likely old enough not to be any competition in their little game of trying to impress her.  She said something else and they was all back at it.

Well at 900 I guess you're a few generations ahead of the curve old timer!

• Haha 2

Myself and another friend almost got shot down by some guy until he heard our voices (both of us women). Then he came over and started showing off and talking about how much money he has in game and irl lol.

But for real I don't even bother with in game chat unless someone looks like they trying to get my attention. I'm usually in party chat anyway so I can't hear anyone.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Myself and another friend almost got shot down by some guy until he heard our voices (both of us women). Then he came over and started showing off and talking about how much money he has in game and irl lol.

But for real I don't even bother with in game chat unless someone looks like they trying to get my attention. I'm usually in party chat anyway so I can't hear anyone.

In RDR, I used to roll in a group that had a couple ladies in it.  It was always funny how you could be playing and because we didn't use private chat.  Soon as one of them speak.  The whole server would be on us and everyone one of those guys getting in the way.  

Another time in the TD, I was in a squad and a player heard the lady in the group speak.  Poof! and one of our opponents became a changed man.  Turned on his team and started killing them as soon they would get close to her.  Eventually, got mad cause she wouldn't kick one of us that she played with daily out of the group and wouldn't leave the group to join up with him.  So he started sniping us, would wait for us to start a mission and shoot us from behind.  Never once shot her, even though he stated it was completely random.  She got upset and quit playing after that.

I'm mainly a PC mmo person so I never really had this happen to me much. There's been a few instances that as soon as a dude realizes I'm a woman he either starts following me around harassing me by hog-tying or trying to get on my horse (I've set it to friends only now) or just straight up killing me. Or when I've killed someone and realize it then they instantly start talking smack about my lady bits or something like they even know anything. And maybe a coincidence, but almost every time a war breaks out with my posse it's cuz some person shot me while I'm standing in the middle of the group. Like, why me???

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Renascent said:

I'm mainly a PC mmo person so I never really had this happen to me much. There's been a few instances that as soon as a dude realizes I'm a woman he either starts following me around harassing me by hog-tying or trying to get on my horse (I've set it to friends only now) or just straight up killing me. Or when I've killed someone and realize it then they instantly start talking smack about my lady bits or something like they even know anything. And maybe a coincidence, but almost every time a war breaks out with my posse it's cuz some person shot me while I'm standing in the middle of the group. Like, why me???

Yeah, you women gamers ruin everything.  ;)  hahahaha.