Old brass compass

gamerfan1010

The raven claw talisman (the only use for the compass) only slows weapon degradation, so missing this one has no effect on your ability to 100% complete the game. 

So there’s no big problem in not picking this one up. Plus, it’s not a naval compass, so you can’t give it to Pearson. 

Question about this:

I've completed the rock carvings in Chapter 2, received the rock statue and invitation back to the Sinclair cabin, however the next marker hasn't appeared at the cabin. Will it only appear later in the game?

So I went back to the cabin, despite not having a marker and it's boarded up... I'm still in the same chapter I started it in (Chapter 2). Hopefully it opens in one of the next chapters so I can get the cutscene and Old Brass Compass.

I also missed this the first time, BUT you can get back in.

Just go there, try the door, it will be locked, walk away a little way, not far, and save game, then load  the saved game,  you will respawn down the road a little bit, just go back and the door is now unlocked.

This worked for me on the first try.
This also worked for the old lady and her sons where you get the shotgun and earings, the door doesnt lock, but the earings will re spawn eventually. 

Lump

• 5 months later...

Today (30th July 2019) I have realized I couldn’t enter Francis Sinclair’s house when his mission is over. Saddly, I didn’t pick up the old brass compass when I had the chance. So, I tried the “save&load glitch” four times but it didn’t work for me. However, I have found out another way to get it (actually, it is in my inventary): you can enter the house by aiming at the door with a gun while carrying the lamp with the other hand (watch videos on YouTube to learn how to do it correctly). This method should work