Doing missions with greedy players

Xped

I like doing the missions but encounter more and more players that are only in it to do the entire thing by themselves and scoop all the kills. They don't follow the NPC's instructions and they usually hightail it straight for the "good stuff" right off the start...sometimes heading in the complete opposite direction. I've completed them all now and I'm simply doing it for the xp and fun...but man, I'd hate to be the unlucky souls who are trying these for the first time. Ruins the fun. 

I think R* should fix this by ensuring that all players must stay within a certain proximity of the lead NPC and/or the coordinates on the radar. 

This kind of stuff bothers me way more than griefer! I can kill griefers...I can't kill these guys. 

Any ideas on how to deal with this if I see someone doing it at the start of a mission?

36 minutes ago, Xped said:

I like doing the missions but encounter more and more players that are only in it to do the entire thing by themselves and scoop all the kills. They don't follow the NPC's instructions and they usually hightail it straight for the "good stuff" right off the start...sometimes heading in the complete opposite direction. I've completed them all now and I'm simply doing it for the xp and fun...but man, I'd hate to be the unlucky souls who are trying these for the first time. Ruins the fun. 

I think R* should fix this by ensuring that all players must stay within a certain proximity of the lead NPC and/or the coordinates on the radar. 

This kind of stuff bothers me way more than griefer! I can kill griefers...I can't kill these guys. 

Any ideas on how to deal with this if I see someone doing it at the start of a mission?

Submit your feedback to R* about this issue.  I hate the fact that there is no way to simply do the story missions with just 1-2 friends without the system trying to throw randoms in the mix.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xped said:

Feedback submitted. 

Because it plays differently than "Kill Them All..." which pulls all players together as long as one player reaches the trigger point, this was submitted as a bug, not just feedback. It seems that as soon as one player approaches the train, all players should be summoned automatically to the scene, again just like "Kill Them All..."

I played the mission where you can go stealth in the woods to get Montez, and then need to escape. I was trying to play stealth like it suggests you do by using the bow. My random teammates were using guns and running in guns blazing. Then upon escaping, they cut downhill back to the cabin through the trees. I didn't realize that the NPC who's guiding you will actually stop and not move if you get too far away, as I remained on the road but booked it as fast as I could to meet my over eager teammates. Once I got to the cabin I realized the mission wasn't triggered to end and these guys just stood around when I decided to ride all the way back to the NPC to help him escape through the completely hushed forests as he still called out perished enemies lol.

1 hour ago, Moosh89 said:

I played the mission where you can go stealth in the woods to get Montez, and then need to escape. I was trying to play stealth like it suggests you do by using the bow. My random teammates were using guns and running in guns blazing. Then upon escaping, they cut downhill back to the cabin through the trees. I didn't realize that the NPC who's guiding you will actually stop and not move if you get too far away, as I remained on the road but booked it as fast as I could to meet my over eager teammates. Once I got to the cabin I realized the mission wasn't triggered to end and these guys just stood around when I decided to ride all the way back to the NPC to help him escape through the completely hushed forests as he still called out perished enemies lol.

I had the same thing happen recently.  I, too, had to go back and slow walk the NPC back to the base.

Still a fun mission, though.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, Xped said:

This ticks me off to no end. When I start a mission and see a deserter, I kill myself and blow the mission.  Doesn't stop them, but at least it annoys them. If everyone did this, they'd probably stop. R* needs to add a tether to missions.

23 minutes ago, madfretter said:

This ticks me off to no end. When I start a mission and see a deserter, I kill myself and blow the mission.  Doesn't stop them, but at least it annoys them. If everyone did this, they'd probably stop. R* needs to add a tether to missions.

I will do this! 🙂

• Like 1