Feedback on recommendation to RS

Voss

I'm going to recommend something like this to RS to help what I can already see becoming a problem if the implement some of the new proposed changes floating out there regarding griefing/bounty system.

I can see players antagonizing players into shooting first.

Was thinking the following would work.

Player A rides up on Player B and hangs around within X feet of Player B for X seconds. Player B can kill Player A with no consequences if they shoot Player A while they are still within some radius.

Player A shoots at Player B, but misses (they have this data because you see the bullet fly by). Player B can shoot Player A with no consequences. Player A is marked with something like Attempted Murder and turns red. No different than if Player A had just hit, but not killed Player B with initial shot.

Other scenarios that should be included or does this sound crazy to even suggest?

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's crazy.  It's a valid concern.  ....but personally, I'd wait to see how these changes play out first once the update takes effect.  If griefers are exploiting the mechanics of some of these new measures then we can report them as actual examples.  IMO, it lends more credibility to the claim and besides, nothing is going to change at this point in the update until after it releases.  

As I have said in other debates, I feel a need to address griefing and though I feel some of these changes fall into line of what I had suggested.  I don't want PvP options to be totally squashed in hopes to protect the PvE players.  To me it is looking as if they are going to the other extreme so that PvP players will have to get creative to engage PvP.  Though they will allow a PvP feud, how many drop down menus will it take before you can actually engage.

1 minute ago, YodaMan 3D said:

As I have said in other debates, I feel a need to address griefing and though I feel some of these changes fall into line of what I had suggested.  I don't want PvP options to be totally squashed in hopes to protect the PvE players.  To me it is looking as if they are going to the other extreme so that PvP players will have to get creative to engage PvP.  Though they will allow a PvP feud, how many drop down menus will it take before you can actually engage.

What do you mean drop down menus?  Initiating a feud will likely just require a simple button press after a contextual action prompt just like the parley feature works today.  .....easy peasy.  

10 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

What do you mean drop down menus?  Initiating a feud will likely just require a simple button press after a contextual action prompt just like the parley feature works today.  .....easy peasy.  

It could be kept simpler, by simply shooting back.  I really need to see it in action.  Maybe it is the best way.   We will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

It could be kept simpler, by simply shooting back.  I really need to see it in action.  Maybe it is the best way.   We will have to wait and see.

It's really pretty simple now to be honest.  You just press the triangle button on PS4 to parley.  I'm guessing there would simply be two button actions available once you're killed (the usual parley action and one to feud).  Currently the available action appears on the bottom right of the screen and there is also a message explaining the option to parley is available. 

17 hours ago, Voss said:

Was thinking the following would work.

Player A rides up on Player B and hangs around within X feet of Player B for X seconds. Player B can kill Player A with no consequences if they shoot Player A while they are still within some radius.

Player A shoots at Player B, but misses (they have this data because you see the bullet fly by). Player B can shoot Player A with no consequences. Player A is marked with something like Attempted Murder and turns red. No different than if Player A had just hit, but not killed Player B with initial shot.

Other scenarios that should be included or does this sound crazy to even suggest?

Maybe its just me but.

That sounds like controlled roam and not free roam.

IMO this game needs less band aids and more lobby options.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Maybe its just me but.

Yep also I hope that if you get grieved and choose to feud with the grieve they shouldn't have the option to just ride away. They should have to face you and fight it out for a set time. Other wise no grieves will ever exept the feud and simply run off ! Make them face the music !

I just am not a big fan of a lot of this update. I had a level 16 last night keep coming at me like a mindless lemming. He never killed me but I had to kill him 10+ times. Under these new changes, I would be labeled as a toxic player or whatever people call it. The game will show that I keep killing the same person over and over. Fued with a player like this is pointless. Besides, no one ever accepts those things anyway. I see people defending themselves getting screwed over in this update but we shall see. Not a fan of watering down parts of this game. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Maybe its just me but.

It's not just you.

I had a bit of a transformative experience playing online last night, and while it doesn't necessitate its own thread, it's with brining up, especially in this context.

I jumped on around 2300 and received my mandatory <30 sec disconnect.  After that, NO issues whatsoever.  I entered mission matchmaking in free roam and was paired up with a pre-formed duo with mics.  Great laid back group that communicated well, so I literally just went along for the ride and had a blast with them for a couple missions.  

We posse'd up and tooled around free roam for a bit, and I noticed a lot of lone riders and duos checking the three of us out, but nobody attacked.  They fought each other, but stayed away from us.

"What's the point," you ask?

The game is built for grouping up.  The content in free roam and missions is more fun, there's safety in numbers, and a group of players that fit your play style (I'm laid back in RDO) make the game exponentially more satisfying.  I can't recommend grouping up enough.  Ive been in plenty of garbage groups, bit it only takes one to completely shift your opinion of the beta.

My thinking about a lot of things for the beta has shifted after that experience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Yep also I hope that if you get grieved and choose to feud with the grieve they shouldn't have the option to just ride away. They should have to face you and fight it out for a set time. Other wise no grieves will ever exept the feud and simply run off ! Make them face the music !

We'll have to see how it works when the update is released or maybe it will be revealed in the details next week.  I'm guessing it will be an option left to the victim and not the aggressor.  Makes no sense otherwise IMO.  If not, I'll certainly be submitting feedback to have that option changed as I'm sure many others concerned about griefing will as well.

Of course, that won't stop trolls from simply leaving the session but if they do, then I consider that mission accomplished.  ....although it would be nice if the option to rejoin a new session during a feud is suspended so they only have the choice to face retaliation or close the game.  I can't see too many griefers wanting to restart the game every time vs. just switching sessions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

We'll have to see how it works when the update is released or maybe it will be revealed in the details next week.  I'm guessing it will be an option left to the victim and not the aggressor.  Makes no sense otherwise IMO.  If not, I'll certainly be submitting feedback to have that option changed as I'm sure many others concerned about griefing will as well.

Of course, that won't stop trolls from simply leaving the session but if they do, then I consider that mission accomplished.  ....although it would be nice if the option to rejoin a new session during a feud is suspended so they only have the choice to face retaliation or close the game.  I can't see too many griefers wanting to restart the game every time vs. just switching sessions.

Love it bro ! 

• Like 1