Please REMOVE the FOG !

Question

22 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, HOTSKIP said:

Why so much FOG all over RDR2 Online ??!!

So annoying and absolutely UNREAL in the SOUTH WEST of the Map !!!

Do you live in the SW of the US?  Fog does occur in our deserts depending on location, elevation, time of day, other conditions and time of year.  

Obviously there is no seasonal cycle represented in the game and the weather system is accelerated to provide variety.  

8 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Do you live in the SW of the US?  Fog does occur in our deserts depending on location, elevation, time of day, other conditions and time of year.  

Obviously there is no seasonal cycle represented in the game and the weather system is accelerated to provide variety.  

FOG is WAY too OFTEN and THICK.

And it is too annoying.

We loved the Old RDR for the nice sunny and clear weather in the South west

...and yes I was in Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado and I have plenty of friends that still live there.

DEVS just need to DRAMATICALLY reduce FOG and rain in the desertic SOUTH WEST !

Frankly, if the game replicated realistic weather patterns based on time, frequency, etc., it would be pretty boring in that regard.

The reason they do it in RDR2 and GTA was 1) because now they can and 2) to provide a sense of variety and to help create a feeling of being in a living, breathing environment.

Personally, I like the changes in weather, etc.

• Like 1

Try playing with fog against players while you use Free Aim lol damn near impossible to defend against them. Nonetheless we like the Fog and think it would be a badass moment when everyone in that lobby isnt using aimbot.

I think we need longer .moments with lighting and thunder though.

Edited by Born Homicidal
15 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Frankly, if the game replicated realistic weather patterns based on time, frequency, etc., it would be pretty boring in that regard.

The reason they do it in RDR2 and GTA was 1) because now they can and 2) to provide a sense of variety and to help create a feeling of being in a living, breathing environment.

Yes, I agree.  I like seeing many different weather events/conditions when I sit down to play for a couple of hours.

14 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I wish it was possible to be struck by lightning.

Believe it or not, it is. It's just very rare to be in the right place at the right time. I've been pretty close though.

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Believe it or not, it is. It's just very rare to be in the right place at the right time. I've been pretty close though.

Really? That's awesome. I always thought it was just background ambiance. Here's hoping!😁

5 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Really? That's awesome. I always thought it was just background ambiance. Here's hoping!😁

Yeah, I've come close but never had myself.  .....but there are YT videos of people that have.  If you ever watch lightning strikes in this game from a good vantage point you can see just how explosive they can be.  ....and if someone had happened to be there, they'd be toast. 

Here are a couple videos I found in a quick search:

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I've come close but never had myself.  .....but there are YT videos of people that have.  If you ever watch lightning strikes in this game from a good vantage point you can see just how explosive they can be.  ....and if someone had happened to be there, they'd be toast. 

Here are a couple videos I found in a quick search:

what?? i thought it was a myth lol, how did the guy in the 2nd video know where to look/stand, my crew and i were thinking of implementing the storm for a promotion ceremony for our rank of "Storm Bringer". having them needing to be struck by it would be amazing, as if the thunder gods gave them the power to become one =P

47 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

what?? i thought it was a myth lol, how did the guy in the 2nd video know where to look/stand, my crew and i were thinking of implementing the storm for a promotion ceremony for our rank of "Storm Bringer". having them needing to be struck by it would be amazing, as if the thunder gods gave them the power to become one =P

No idea.  AFAIK, it's completely random but who knows.

• Like 1

The fog can be annoying in certain areas, I agree but I think a variation of weather would be better. Like maybe make it a bit more random. I live in a valley area and we get fog quite a bit so it isn't something I am unfamiliar with. What you see in the game is pretty realistic. 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:29 PM, Kean_1 said:

Ok just keep it all as it is now … even if I was reporting the feeling of tons of players that do not like all that...but that just dont feel like reporting it because you guys do not care to listen...

16 minutes ago, HOTSKIP said:

Ok just keep it all as it is now … even if I was reporting the feeling of tons of players that do not like all that...but that just dont feel like reporting it because you guys do not care to listen...

You do realize  that @Kean_1 is just a regular player like you and me right? He's not with Rockstar. He moderates this forum voluntarily and this is not even Rockstars official forum.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, HOTSKIP said:

As mentioned, I have nothing to do with the development of the game or the companies involved in making it.  RDR2.org is a fan forum, not affiliated with R* or 2K. I was simply joining in the conversation.

If you also want to submit feedback directly to R*, they do have a Beta Feedback site here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

If you don't want to submit the feedback because you believe they won't listen then so be it.  That's your choice.

R* doesn't have an "official" forum so it's nice to have sites like RDR2.org where we can at least discuss topics like these even though what is shared here may never be seen by the developers of the game.

On 3/12/2019 at 12:13 AM, Vaderspupil said:

Haha...I also almost get lighting because I move few step away. It strike just behind me & tbh it is one of scariest jump scare moment. 😅 

But still hoping I'm getting strike by lighting. 

5fv767g.png.eb864270d0310d35c53964d3f1c17253.png

As mentioned... This is a fan site. The mods and admins on here are not affiliated with Rockstar.

That is not to say you shouldn't voice your opinions on here as I am sure people from Rockstar lerk places like this.

As for the OP issue... Are you playing in SDR or HDR mode?

3 hours ago, HOTSKIP said:

Yes on xbox

I was asking because when I switched from my xbox one to my Xbox one x I noticed the fog was more pronounced, by alot. Thought that maybe was what you were seeing. That being said, I like the fog, makes for good screen shots.... to keep me occupied until they add more stuff. lol