i know people will hate me...

i hate rdr2 the begining of the game is so boring. trying to find missions is difficult because all the icons for people are the same color so i cant determine if im going on a boring hunting trip or trying to go take out the driscols, and whats with not being able to run inside the camps or have my horse go faster than a slight skulking pase. im sorry but i wanna run through camp, find missions better by having them be separated by a color coded system and i want to not feel bored and annoyed between missions rdr1 was so much better and also how do i unlock fast travel?

Yes, there's an enforced learning curve here - it doesn't last long until you're let loose in the world to hunt and find gang members (and innocents) to interact and maim.

Yes, you're confined to walking in camp.  You'll soon learn that you spend very little time in camp, only really going back to start missions or complete some challenges and other tasks.

The story missions are scripted and you don't really get to see what kind they are before you take them on.  Some of them are optional, but missing them impacts your ability to 100% complete the game.  The missions don't last that long, and you can skip a lot of the cut scenes if you so wish.

Fast travel is opened up when you gain enough money to upgrade the camp - you then have the ability to fast travel to the towns that you've already visited.  Trains and stagecoaches can also be used as fast travel mechanisms.

• Like 2

Foxtrot pretty much summed it up.

btw, why do you think people will hate you?  They may not agree with your points (I know I don't) but that doesn't mean we hate you.  Makes no difference to me if someone doesn't like a game that I enjoy or vice versa.

• Like 5

You'll see (if you wish to), that there's a strong narrative and backstory woven into the story missions - it's far more than a standard CoD campaign where you run on rails killing things in ever increasing amounts.  There's a lot more sensitivity here than there were in the GTA V mission strands; Rockstar is encouraging it's players to have an emotional connection to the main protagonist.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

You'll see (if you wish to), that there's a strong narrative and backstory woven into the story missions - it's far more than a standard CoD campaign where you run on rails killing things in ever increasing amounts.  There's a lot more sensitivity here than there were in the GTA V mission strands; Rockstar is encouraging it's players to have an emotional connection to the main protagonist.

Spoiler

Yeah so they can promptly rip your heart out of your chest...

I really dont mind these things.

The game developers want you to slow down, if that isnt obvious enough.

It isnt a run and shoot em up game it is a look very very carefully at everything twice game.

Running through camp serves no purpose.

Talking to everyone at camp, everyday and at 4 different times of day yields missions, secrets, requests, back stories, funny tid bits you wont get any other way etc.. lots and lots of reasons to slow down in camp.

The missions being the same color, is actually good, there is no real order to them the ones that do have a specific order will spawn when necessary, you can pick and choose, BUT I want to do every single mission in the game so I dont care what it is, I am looking forward to it every time.

If you skip missions and only play certain ones I dont think you can advance the story to the next chapter at least with the yellow mission markers.

Anyway to each his own, nobody hates you for having an opinion lol, we all have our own feelings and ideas about how we want to approach the game and there is no real right or wrong way as far as Im concerned, if you have fun and enjoy yourself, then your doing it right.

14 minutes ago, lumper said:

The missions being the same color, is actually good, there is no real order to them the ones that do have a specific order will spawn when necessary, you can pick and choose, BUT I want to do every single mission in the game so I dont care what it is, I am looking forward to it every time

If you skip missions and only play certain ones I dont think you can advance the story to the next chapter at least with the yellow mission markers.

There is a color distinction between Main and side missions, so you know if you want to do additional things on the side that do not progress the game. The main mission markers are the same color because there's no difference what order you do them in

I myself have many major problems with this game Camp running included( but I beat That by sprinting my horse as far into the camp as I can and I found you can get pretty close to Pearson this way) but I still consider it a great game. 

I never played the first one though so if you were looking for a repeat and their radically different I can understand your frustration, I myself was looking for a completely different style of gameplay and I had to get used to the game restrictions on this one. 

Edited by Dewy1314

I think not being able to walk faster when doing chores at Beechers hope is a drag honestly it just takes forever to do them all, although I do them, it is irritating that and the fact that you built this great ranch and you cant take a bath at home, I totally do not understand this at all.

Anyway yes there are annoying features here and there, and I try to remember you just know if they cold have had another year and more money this game would be even more incredible, but they had to release it at some point and so for the imitations they did have, I think they did an incredible job.

21 minutes ago, lumper said:

I think not being able to walk faster when doing chores at Beechers hope is a drag honestly it just takes forever to do them all, although I do them, it is irritating that and the fact that you built this great ranch and you cant take a bath at home, I totally do not understand this at all.

Anyway yes there are annoying features here and there, and I try to remember you just know if they cold have had another year and more money this game would be even more incredible, but they had to release it at some point and so for the imitations they did have, I think they did an incredible job.

I happen to think they put far too much effort into the silly animations that I can't skip like walking in and out of a stable, then they did on being able to use Dynamite to blow open a locked house... this is a constant battle between programmers and producers ... because the programmer is generally not ready when the producer is! 

I also despise the seeming randomness of wagon fencing

Edited by Dewy1314
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

btw, why do you think people will hate you?

Probably because the forum is literally named after the game. I mentioned on a DC forum how the DCEU is practically falling apart and one poster blew up and started verbally attacking me. I'm guessing maybe that's what the OP was expecting, a forum full of fanboys thinking the game is above any negative criticism.