Story DLC

Shurtugal389

If they make a story expansion, what would you want it to be about?  We don't know what's going on with Javier in 1907, so missiond in Mexico as him sounds fun.  Also opening up the map to the north can allow us to play as Charles in Canada.  A whole new area in South America for Sadie, maybe, but that might need its own game.  Hell, msybe even playing as Ross.  Thoughts?

I think you are more likely to go back to guarma in a DLC or a a foreign country without a border oh, that way you take a boat there... just because this is easier to program, I expect at least one DLC maybe two before they begin to focus solely on online. Most companies will release a couple for us non online players to spend a little bit more money and have a little bit more fun

I'd be curious to know why they're not interested in repurchase ability for offline players... that was always the one thing I loved about fallout's was two 2 or 3 extra things they would release afterwards to get you back into the game...

4 minutes ago, Dewy1314 said:

I'd be curious to know why they're not interested in repurchase ability for offline players... that was always the one thing I loved about fallout's was two 2 or 3 extra things they would release afterwards to get you back into the game...

They'll make a lot more money with the online content releases and the micro-transactions than a $29.99 DLC or whatever they charge for it.  At this point it's all about the money.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Kormath said:

They'll make a lot more money with the online content releases and the micro-transactions than a $29.99 DLC or whatever they charge for it.  At this point it's all about the money.

It just doesn't take as much trouble as people think to make a DLC... unless people are spending their money buying new hats and nonsensical accessories oh, I always forget to people like to spend their money! If that is the case I see your point

1 hour ago, Kormath said:

Unfortunately, this is true.

• Sad 1

DLC Idea's:

1.) I want to see a younger Dutch meet up with Hosea, narrated by Dutch or maybe a girlfriend of his at the time? and then show how the two of them travelling around  found Arthur in NY and take us from then, through Blackwater, with their iteration of the gang and all the stuff Arthur wrote in his journal about Blackwater.

How he and Hosea were on a real estate scam and Dutch and Micah were on to this heist, and maybe have it culminate with the incident that set the rdr2 game in motion, the killing of the girl, the loss of the Calender boys, and Jenny, etc..all the time using the same map, with the addition of the northeast, from Annesburg to NYC on the East coast.

or

2.) A parallel story, Arthurs life prior to meeting Dutch and Hosea, a young Arthur finding his place in the world.

Or a young Hosea, seeing as his story is maybe the longest, but a pre story set up along these lines I think would do the franchise justice..

3.) a CIVIL WAR DLC,!!!

lets see the middle and end of the civil war, then the carpet bagger's and changes in America, slavery, Jim Crow laws, etc..

So many ideas with the Civil war, a slaves perspective, a slave owners perspective, an abolitionist etc..

I also very seriously would love to see a dlc to see the original story re-done, with the new graphics/physics engine, not just patched to play at 4k, but a remake, new fauna, animals, strangers, encounters, etc.. just how rdr2 is now.

I would totally 100% gladly buy it again, and play it again, it is like Star Wars adding in the stuff they couldnt do in the original trilogy 20 years later when they could, despite being on the preservationist committee/ association in film .

The cost would be less than building a new game and would still appeal to a large audience and make money. IMO

Anyway thats what I think I would like to see. either of those ideas.

The problem is teh first game is started in 1907 - 1911 I think?

And really I think we need to go the other way, 1860's through 1880's, the days of the untamed west.

There is a lot they can do moving forward but as a Western, I think we want more of this, gunslinging, and all the things that go with it, maybe even the civil war.

Edited by lumper