avoid the bullets by throwing yourself to the ground in PvP mode

peppino79

Question

some players, whom I met in the various PvP challenges, manage to avoid my bullets by throwing themselves to the ground. automatic targeting does not work. How do they do it ? is it about a skill card? thank you for any reply

• Like 1

27 answers to this question

While holding L2 (aiming) press "square" and tilt left analogue stick in the direction you wish to dive/flop Pepe. It will temporarily break a "lock on" but you will look a bit of a twonk doing it. 😁

Edited by Traks1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Traks1 said:

While holding L2 (aiming) press "square" and tilt left analogue stick in the direction you wish to dive/flop Pepe. It will temporarily break a "lock on" but you will look a bit of a twonk doing it. 😁

Only try hards flop around like a out of water. It pisses me off. Stand up and face me like a man/woman damnit!🤬

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peppino79 said:

some players, whom I met in the various PvP challenges, manage to avoid my bullets by throwing themselves to the ground. automatic targeting does not work. How do they do it ? is it about a skill card? thank you for any reply

Howdy peppe ! Yea bud the fish flopping is annoying , I use it in fire emergencies like when I'm out numbered 5 to 1. It drains the stamina bar pretty quickly. Use it as you please but remember it does have consequences. Carry on bud !

• Thanks 1

Best use of the "flop", I find, is for extra shiggles when your char finds himself knee deep in mud. It's said a mud bath is jolly good for the complexion and will get you lots of attention next time you're in town..

Edited by Traks1
you're not your. Tsk tsk.
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Patience. If you know you're up against a flopper, aim, wait for them to flop and then fire away.

100 % when they start diving let go of aim.  Once they are on the ground you can auto target again. Go for head shot first thing as they will continue. You got this peppe ! Give em hell

Edited by Chris Arbaugh
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 2:56 AM, peppino79 said:

this "trick"  is the major cause of my death in PvP confrontations. some method to counter it? 

It takes a bit of practice, but aim don't fire, wait till they dive then quickly aim again and let em have it. Works for me. 

Edited by dredd1961

5 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

It takes a bit of practice, but aim don't fire, wait till they dive then quickly aim again and let em have it. Works for me. 

OK thanks. I have had the opportunity to practice these days. now it's much better thanks to your advice  😉

17 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I really do hate these kinds of mechanics in games.  .....ones that get overused and abused by some.  It just looks silly and ruins the experience / fun for me.  ....like bunny hopping in some games, etc.

I think sometimes it's useful. The abuse is annoying. some players look like crazy dolphins out of the water 😅

Just now, peppino79 said:

I think sometimes it's useful. The abuse is annoying. some players look like crazy dolphins out of the water 😅

Oh, certainly.  I just hate when it gets overused to the point of (for example) bunny hopping in some shooters.  It's looks silly and can ruin the experience IMO.  .....although there are ways devs can regulate the use some of these mechanics by introducing cool downs, fatigue, aiming penalties, etc.  so folks can still use the feature but not over use it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozy8753 said:

Have a look on Utube smokesnugs YT  pepe he,s the biggest flopper going, he is ranked nearly 400 doing it.

I'll take your word for it.

Yeah, one of the few PvP games I played in RDO there was guy who absolutely dominated every match.  .....and he was also using this tactic with great success.

3 minutes ago, Ozy8753 said:

I like the new game Kean, the other PvP games I played I saw a lot of people lag switching so stopped playing them.

The one that came out with the new update?  I heard several say they liked it too.  

Just now, Kean_1 said:

The one that came out with the new update?  I heard several say they liked it too.  

Yes hopefully they bring more out, the floppers & cheaters haven't arrived yet so get in quick😂   

• Haha 1

I like when my enemys flop, it gives me the extra time to reload my Bolt action rifle and headshot them when they get up. To me it costs more than you get away with. Never use it myself  

3 minutes ago, Zampen said:

I like when my enemys flop, it gives me the extra time to reload my Bolt action rifle and headshot them when they get up. To me it costs more than you get away with. Never use it myself  

I don't know how they do it, but I've seen many players be able to dive then somehow be able to get in a headshot before fully recovering from the dive. It's extremely aggravating.

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I don't know how they do it, but I've seen many players be able to dive then somehow be able to get in a headshot before fully recovering from the dive. It's extremely aggravating.

Paint it black i think 

• Like 1