Single missions

Herta47

Question

I don't knów what's your experience, but mine is that's it's almost impossible to be succesfull on a mission of your own without been shot by a "fellow player".  I play RDR2 online since the beginning, but I'ts getting worse by the week. 

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

I don't knów what's your experience, but mine is that's it's almost impossible to be succesfull on a mission of your own without been shot by a "fellow player".  I play RDR2 online since the beginning, but I'ts getting worse by the week. 

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, those missions are designed to be interfered with by other players. You get xp for stopping others from completing the missions. Personally I usually don't take part in that. I let them do their thing while I do mine.

• Like 1

it's almost impossible to be succesfull on a mission of your own.

Early stage's YES it is but once you get decent gun's an ammo and some upgraded ability card's not so hard, has been my experience. So stick at it dude if solo play is your style you will soon see the cowardly red dot's high tailing out of your way once they get a taste of thing's like incendiary buckshot and explosive bullet's. The Slippery Bastard card I found especially handy when useing any of the shotgun's.  

38 minutes ago, Jimblob said:

it's almost impossible to be succesfull on a mission of your own.

Early stage's YES it is but once you get decent gun's an ammo and some upgraded ability card's not so hard, has been my experience. So stick at it dude if solo play is your style you will soon see the cowardly red dot's high tailing out of your way once they get a taste of thing's like incendiary buckshot and explosive bullet's. The Slippery Bastard card I found especially handy when useing any of the shotgun's.  

Is there a quide what ability card you require in what situation? I'm rk 52.

@Herta47,

To be quite honest, it really depends on the missions you're trying to do, where you are and the types of folks in your session.  Not all missions are going to be those that encourage other players to try and stop you like mail runs, wagon repossessions, etc.  ......and not all leave you as vulnerable as some so escape is not actually that hard if it comes down to it.  The trick is to learn what types to get involved in and don't take those that you feel will leave you overly exposed.  .....wagon missions are those kind IMO. 

Heck, even with mail runs you're on your own horse so you have speed on your side. Also, IME, someone is just as likely to steal a bag (if you're on a multiple delivery run) at the start location than to screw with your current delivery.  .....and you will still get credit for the run(s) you complete.

Personally, I never do missions (especially alone) near where I initially spawn and these days, definitely not anywhere near a region where there are red blips on the map.  I will select a state to spawn in (say New Hanover) and then trek over to the west end of the map (sometimes even further like New Austin in this case) before hunting, fishing, engaging in side missions, etc.  .....and I never loiter around.

Speaking from my own experience, I have done many missions solo with relatively few actually being interrupted by other players.   At least now, the more aggressive players in your sessions are easier to spot.

I have been able to do some missions solo easily but others were impossible. You have to have like a minimum of three people in your group to complete it. I am fine with this but add more missions for people who run solo or make the missions 20% easier if they are hard ones and you are alone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skrylaxx said:

I have been able to do some missions solo easily but others were impossible. You have to have like a minimum of three people in your group to complete it. I am fine with this but add more missions for people who run solo or make the missions 20% easier if they are hard ones and you are alone.

I agree with you. Personally I mostly run missions in open possegroups,  but your depending on your posseleader and time of day whether day they are availabel. 

On 3/16/2019 at 10:15 AM, Vaderspupil said:

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, those missions are designed to be interfered with by other players. You get xp for stopping others from completing the missions. Personally I usually don't take part in that. I let them do their thing while I do mine.

I learned this the hard way myself, but since it is part of the game I figured ok whatever, ill do my best.

But I found when I am on and I only see 2 or 3 players and they are across the map, Ill do a few of these and nobody comes around so I was able to do

a bunch of these without any interference, the mail delivery is hard without any people stopping you, I still havent been able to deliver all the mail in the time limit.

Edited by lumper

On 3/16/2019 at 3:15 PM, Vaderspupil said:

May be it's Sunday. There was a sunami of Grievers in the play. A mission on your own is impossible. I already quited the game for a while. It's getting worse.  Slippery bastard and copy behaviour cause a great part of the increased grievers market👎

I know it's everybodies game, but just killing for fun and hunting down is a bridge to far for me!

Edited by Herta47