Jump to content
  • 0

ability cards and using dead eye online


lumper
 Share

Question

So I chose paint it black as one of my cards, it says I will be able to paint a target on enemies while in dead eye then fire my weapon to shoot those targets, but I cant seem to get it to work, maybe it is different than sp?

I just cant seem to get dead eye to do anything but go into that mode where the color changes, but nothing slows down as expected in online, and I can not paint a target on anything animals or enemies.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Or how to paint targets on enemies in dead eye online?

Thanks

 

 

Edited by lumper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Yeah. Just move the dot over something shootable with deadeye one, it’ll mark it with a black x... I believe you can even paint slippery bastards... make sure paint it black is activated in your ability card loadout.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

At first it did nothing, as I played more, I think I was able to advance my dead eye ability and so now it is starting to react, when you click it and put the cross hair on a target it paints it then you fire, I personally dislike this version of dead eye, as it wont let you just make one mark, and when hunting can be a pain, but I am so used to not using dead eye for hunting that it doesnt matter.

I cleared out a hide out and was also attacked twice by several npc's but in all those fights,  I forgot to try the dead eye, lol.

Anyway I saw it work, and now I think I know how it works, thank for the replies.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I mostly forget to activate dead eye during a battle every time you target!

It  should be easier as your dead eye ability card activate automatically  when your target.

Edited by Herta47
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

What's the difference between the Ability card Horseman and Winning streak. Because I posses Wining streak Tier 3 and question myself to upgrade Horseman to Tier 3 or not? 

I also have the Never without One at Tier 3 with Grizzly hat. They shoot off my Grizzly hat anyway. I consider to wear a flat head; that's more difficult to shoot off (I hope)😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

What's the difference between the Ability card Horseman and Winning streak. Because I posses Wining streak Tier 3 and question myself to upgrade Horseman to Tier 3 or not? 

The Horseman Ability Card increases damage dealt to enemies while on horseback.

The Winning Streak Ability Card increases damage for each consecutive shot at the same target.

information taken from the guide of this forum   😉

the cards have different functions. for me you can also upgrate horseman and use them together 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, peppino79 said:
47 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

What's the difference between the Ability card Horseman and Winning streak. Because I posses Wining streak Tier 3 and question myself to upgrade Horseman to Tier 3 or not? 

The Horseman Ability Card increases damage dealt to enemies while on horseback.

The Winning Streak Ability Card increases damage for each consecutive shot at the same target.

information taken from the guide of this forum   😉

the cards have different functions. for me you can also upgrate horseman and use them together 

sorry you can't use them together. they are passive ability cards. depends on your style of play. I use Winning Streak 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Passive cards do work together together Peppino or perhaps I misunderstood your post 😉. How well they "stack" is another question altogether. One of my most used load outs, for example, would be Winning streak/Horseback/unblinking eye. All passive but working together.

Edited by Traks1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, Traks1 said:

Passive cards do work together together Peppino or perhaps I misunderstood your post 😉. How well they "stack" is another question altogether. One of my most used load outs, for example, would be Winning streak/Horseback/unblinking eye. All passive but working together.

ok I didn't know. however I have the wrong word, I meant Combat Ability Cards. so for example you use 2 Combat Ability Cards (Horseman and Winning Streak) and 1 defense ability card (The Unblinking Eye) and no Recovery Ability Cards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, peppino79 said:
13 minutes ago, Traks1 said:

Passive cards do work together together Peppino or perhaps I misunderstood your post 😉. How well they "stack" is another question altogether. One of my most used load outs, for example, would be Winning streak/Horseback/unblinking eye. All passive but working together.

ok I didn't know. however I have the wrong word, I meant Combat Ability Cards. so for example you use 2 Combat Ability Cards (Horseman and Winning Streak) and 1 defense ability card (The Unblinking Eye) and no Recovery Ability Cards

I thought that I could use 1 combat card, 1 defense and 1 recovery ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I've started trying out new cards, previously I exclusively used Paint it Black but as discussed it isn't ideal for hunting, particularly groups of animals I want to cleanly kill before they all bugger off once I start shooting. I picked Quite an Inspiration as I assumed it would help me in PVP or PVE engagements as well as my posse members, but I also assumed I'd be able to mark targets with R1 before shooting like later levels of Deadeye in Singleplayer, but it doesn't - or rather I can't figure out how to.

Also there's still the bug where you get locked in Deadeye, at least while using Quite an Inspiration.

I just reached Deadeye Level 10 in Multiplayer and it says I can do "trick shots and flourishes" but I had no idea that trick shots existed and I don't know how to do it. I've never gotten flourishes to work while holstering in Multiplayer. In Singleplayer you double tap R1.

Edited by Kean_1
(removed "bump")
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/23/2019 at 3:50 AM, lumper said:

At first it did nothing, as I played more, I think I was able to advance my dead eye ability and so now it is starting to react, when you click it and put the cross hair on a target it paints it then you fire, I personally dislike this version of dead eye, as it wont let you just make one mark, and when hunting can be a pain, but I am so used to not using dead eye for hunting that it doesnt matter.

I cleared out a hide out and was also attacked twice by several npc's but in all those fights,  I forgot to try the dead eye, lol.

Anyway I saw it work, and now I think I know how it works, thank for the replies.

 

 

your issue is your not holding L2 ( scope ) then aim target , and you need to drink a tonic , since empty dead eye goes down quick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, pluck3 said:

your issue is your not holding L2 ( scope ) then aim target , and you need to drink a tonic , since empty dead eye goes down quick 

The embarrassing thing is I only figured this out about 2 weeks ago.

I posted that back in March!!

I was surprised when nobody commented after I figured it out, I Was like, wait no one realized what I was missing?

IT took me a while but one day it just clicked, and I realized, DOH! Im so stupid, how can I miss that?

But lol I did figure it out, and when I was able to use it it was oh so satisfying.

Thanks for being the one person to actually read my comment, realize what I was doing wrong and then comment to help me, thanks man.

 

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...